NVIDIA TITAN RTX Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
  2. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    No wonder Nvidia's stock price started going downhill since September. Coincidence? :p

https://i.**********/YCRm4DCR/NVIDIA-STOCK-PRICE-FALL.jpg

Edit: Turing launch may be very little related to Nvidia's stock price declining. This was just posted in good fun to go with my previous post.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    warlord likes this.
  3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    Titan Z was $3000 when the stock took off - Titan V was $3000 when the stock started to peak (I like how your previous picture ignored these two Titans btw). This Titan is only $2500. Maybe the $500 discount displeased investors and caused the crash.

Or maybe investors really don't care about a single card launch and the reason for the crash was the investor conference in October where Nvidia announced they were sitting on a massive pascal inventory due to the mining collapse, which is most likely the reason for high RTX Geforce prices in the first place.

yasamoka likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Titan Z was also 3,000$.

Nvidia is generous with this one. Is that your trying to say, Denial? :p

Denial likes this.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    Er yeah I said Titan black i meant Titan Z lol - regardless doesn't matter, point is price of the Titan is not correlated to the stock price.

6. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    I disagree that mining had to do anything with that. It would be disastrous for both AMD and Nvidia if RTX 2080(non-ti) for example had the same price as Vega. It could not only destroy the competition but also deny proper profits for the green team.

7. illrigger

illrigger Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It's actually got nothing to do with this. Stock prices dropped on the news that they are still left with a 1-2 quarter glut of mid-range 1060 silicon that would prevent them from refreshing parts at the highly profitably $200-250 price point (the RTX 2060 is expected to be announced at CES, but will retail for $399 since it is as fast as a 1070). Above that price point, there really aren't that many cards sold in comparison to the rest of the market, and giving AMD 6 months to release something better to compete there caused a panic in the market.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    warlord likes this.
  9. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
  10. mattm4

mattm4 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    Wonder why he didn't do ray tracing comparisons lets say with BFV. I think thats whats really more worth seeing.

11. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 590
    Obviously not a gaming card and it is meant for AI neural deep learning professional applications , there is no game on this planet that will ever used those 24GB ram even on 8K. This video card it's around 8~10% faster than the 2080Ti so whoever buys this video card for gaming needs it's brain checked at the doctor and maybe a lobotomy will be a good choice :D. I have cringe looking at some ocn website nvidia fanboys ordering 2 of this video cards to play games at 4K :rolleyes: , you cannot buy intelligence ! lol ....

Let's do the math :
    2x RTX Titan = $5,000US Dollars + Tax ( depending where you live ) add maybe ~ $800~900US Dollars more and you are looking at a staggering $6,000US Dollars to play some games lol , some people really have a small e-penis :confused:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  12. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I care. I've lost a small fortune on my Nvidia stock (AMD as well, although Nvidia is worse). Not helping the matter is the current market selloff, due to the fed raising rates and Trump's tariff talk. The past few months have been the worst I've ever experienced on the stock market.

That didn't have much to do with it - if it did then AMD stock would have risen. Instead, both stocks collapsed as Huang threw AMD under the bus to try to save his own skin.

Noisiv and warlord like this.
  13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Soooo...

$2,499 / €2,699 AHAHAHA

Any libertarians here?
    How about all you classical capitalists, Chicago school students, Austrians, Ayn Rand worshipers...

How's that Free Market and its magical powers working out for ya?

[​IMG]

14. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    That's a lot of coin for minimal gains.

15. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    Shoulda dug a bit deeper in those pockets for a pair of Titans and 9960X's bud. Titans are just in a class of their own and 8-core is peasant tier these days.

16. illrigger

illrigger Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    And yet still cheaper than a single Quadro RTX 6000 that has identical specs. I have seen enthusiast 3D artists virtually drooling at the concept of getting high end hardware raytracing with 24GB of framebuffer for $2500. Once Optix raytracing support gets added to iRay and the other free/cheap 3D engines, there's going to be a huge bump in the quality of stuff on gallery sites, as renders drop from taking days to hours or minutes.

17. Mda400

Mda400 Master Guru

GPU:
    1660 - 2130/10ghz
    AMD is Nvidia's closest competition and they aren't currently matching Nvidia's offering at the price segments that have performance increases from Nvidia with their latest GPU's.

Nvidia could have held onto Turing until AMD released Navi to see if it was going to be a worthy contender. Instead they gave a little more performance, but what competition do they have to not raise prices a little and make an extra buck?

The market is only 'free' if a competitor does not purposely hinder another competitors chance's at gaining market share through exclusive deals.
    Proving it takes a lot of time and money.

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Nvidia gave them all the chances in the world:
    1) by astronomical pricing of Turing
    2) by not jumping at 7nm therefore giving AMD a fighting chance

Sounds like you're diverging from the ideal of free market by wanting to regulate it ;)

19. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    This thread in a nutshell:

[​IMG]

20. quantum hacker

quantum hacker Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 275 - 896 MB
    I wonder how much extra Nvidia paid Jayz to wear the black gloves during the video?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018