NVIDIA Takes GeForce NOW out of Beta - available with a free limited version

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 5, 2020.

1. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Well at least you get a strong virtual PC with extremely low price, almost free(we all are paying at least one or two subscriptions and ISP), gpu used is stronger than RTX 2080TI as it is the RTX T10-8.

2. jwhiz

jwhiz New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX
    Sure does sound like it.

3. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Still you have to own, pay games, you give money for it and you want service free? Specifications wise, it is a more powerful machine than a classic 8700K/2080TI which is already 1.5 years old combo.

Nvidia surely is not charity.

4. Kool64

Kool64 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2070S
    The simple fact that I don't have to rebuy my games makes this immensely more useful than Stadia.

Just played some Beam NG and it worked really well. A lot better than I expected

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    uh, maybe.

but just pointing out that the free access doesn't get you dx12

6. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    The worst thing about free access is you have to restart your game every one hour, surely not the best if you have to abandon or lose quest progress, at least with paid tier you have 6 hours per session. Also you are always getting the Tesla P40, not the best for 1440p/4k players despite having more than enough internet connection. Free is only for testing purposes, not a permanent solution.

7. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    This is ideal for best possible smooth results https://i.imgur.com/J1qyrzt.png At least it was for me, i tested all possible combinations with a lot of games since 14 months. Just change Max Bitrate for your connection. specs.

8. lucasfrance

lucasfrance Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti + 1080
    You are right, the screen saying "installing on C:\...." was just disturbing me. Of course everything runs on their servers.

9. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    I have opposite experience, im from Israel, we dont have this service, yet i signed up for premium [to test, i game at 4K], used EU server, set the settings to max, forced 50Mbps, disabled "Adjust for poor network condition" option that increases compression and/or lowers the resolution, resolution is FHD/60
    Their test gave me 57ms ping.
    I played Destiny 2 for first time, played 2-3 hours, zero issues, felt like native, sometimes i had that Icon on screen that showed lag but it was imidietly gone.
    Destiny can increase rendering, i set to 200%, it wasn't 4K but it was better then just FHD, played with xbox gamepad like I always do since i use OLED TV for monitor its 55inch so playing with keyboard is uncomfortable.

and im on 1G/100MB fiber + "Gamer package" [Priority to EU/USA and to gamer servers]