Nvidia surround project ( Completed) I do not like it.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by nz3777, Oct 17, 2017.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Well I officialy finished it but for some reason I do not like it, Tried a couple diffrent games and a few flying sims and just did not sit well with me, ( what the hell) maybe its my old eyes or I am not into gaming as much I do not know!? .......

Games run fine I just need to tone-down the graphics a little bit but overall the Gtx 980 is doing pretty well, better then I expect it actually. Maybe its the Cpu holding me back now? Fx 8320e @ 4ghz. What are your thoughts on it? I will take constructive critique lol.

2. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
  3. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Im guessing teyre to close to your face, perhaps put your case under desk and move screens back to the wall, screen on right looks wider than the middle and left screen...or maybe just the angle you took pic from.

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    For me the screens are too far forward, my old setup with 3x22" screens would have me sitting with my eyes ~70-80cm's from the centre screen. I dont know maybe try pushing them back, also change FOV in games to be wider.

Only game that i didnt like with a 3 screen setup was Just Cause 2 - only game ever that made me sick( even 7 straight hours with Half Life 2 in VR the day i received an Oculus Dev Kit 1 didnt make me sick ) but even thinking of JC2 makes me shudder lol.

5. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    They are all the same size guys It is the angle at which I took the pic lol.The breakdown is as follows.....

1) Asus far right 24"
    2)Acer (center) 24"
    3) Asus far left 24" newest one I just bought today- Model number is....VP247 By far has the sharpest pic out of all of them ( newest tech also) the other 2 are a few years old and starting to show the age lol/.

I like your guys idea about putting the case on the floor and pushing them back towards the wall ( the stand ) Thank god at least I have a big enough desk haha.I wont lie I would perfer one of those newer curved monitors over these 3,maybe like a 32" curved high refresh rate? Well for now I am stuck with them for time being ( near future ) after I build a new rig well see? Thanks for the input I will post some new pics tomorrow after I make some adjustments ect......

Nick

6. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Nvidia would need to find a way to adjust focal lenght because a lot of games look like ass, I´d take that over ansel any day of the week.

7. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Let us know how you get on moving them back, i moved mine to my programming setup and went for a curved ultrawide for the man cave, much tidier, but $$$