NVIDIA starts teasing GeForce RTX 3080 Ti and 3070 Ti

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 27, 2021.

1. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 3080 OC
    I admire your confidence, who says the next gen won't be just as scare & expensive?

2. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 3080 OC
    My ASUS Rog Strix 3080 OC runs my PG35VQ monitor very nicely, Metro Exodus with RT (no DLSS) & max quality settings is a fantastic experience. Looking forward to playing the new enhanced version in due course.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  3. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 3080 OC
    Leaving aside that you gave away your 2080Ti, this approach only works (for those who haven't given away their current card) if your current card can cope with the variety of games you wish to play (at your desired image quality settings). I managed to keep two 780's for 7 years but they became noisier & noisier as they struggled with later games with my 1440 screen. Cyberpunk 2070, I haven't bought this game yet as I wait for new games to be half-price or cheaper (Star Wars Squadrons now on sale at Steam £13.99, was £34.99) but if you want to play the newer games at 1440 or more then GPU horsepower is what you need unless you are willing to compromise on quality. And yes, DLSS 2 is apparently a useful step forward but still a compromise compared to RT.

4. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    Not yours, those that are parked in farm of course...

5. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    All we can do is wait and see and hope the mining bs goes away or dies down. Currently in Canada the cheapest card is the 3060 which is out of stock and it costs as much as I payed for my 1080 which I just can't stomach.