1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nvidia slows down performance?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Strange Times, Oct 12, 2018 at 4:07 PM.

1. Strange Times

Strange Times Member

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti

any thoughts?
    is this true?

2. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Did you try out 416.34?

3. austin865a

austin865a Master Guru

GPU:
    s3 Virge & 980ti
    Over the years I have seen newer drives stop being optimized for old Nvidia cards.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  4. Astyanax

Astyanax Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    All testing by lokkenjp

Updated for 416.34

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 9:40 AM
    Strange Times likes this.

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Another one of these threads?

austin865a likes this.
  6. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Seriously, it's enough with this stuff already (especially when most of it turns out to be rubbish).

7. devastator

devastator Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    very dirty if true when they still selling the 10 gen but its nvidia after all :(

8. warlord

warlord Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X MSI(Gaming)
    Improved Image Quality and more features/support are translated into less performance for older GPUs by the time of release. Nothing to see here, move on people, if you do not like your actual gaming experience upgrade your hardware, do not cry nor blame manufacturers/vendors.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    this is just testing before and after a new performance crippling spectre pattern update.

warlord likes this.
  10. Dagda

Dagda Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti FE
    if you really think this is true, and you hate nvidia for this, then stop buying their cards and move on you have amd to rely on, they have their "fine wine" if you want your card to improve over the years in new games (but the performance in older titles get worse), in my case it doesn't happen, and i still buy nvidia because it's reliable for me, if you think nvidia is doing something shady, then just stop buying, stop creating this kind of threads and complaining, i've been a happy nvidia user for years and never saw this and when i do nvdia releases a hotfix or a better driver.

And for the people who said the've been seeing this for years, but still have an nvidia gpu on their profiles, or they are masochit or dumb (if they really think nvidia do that), sometimes your system is bloated with a lot of stuff, or the new games just don't like older architecture, that's all.

pimpernell likes this.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070 AMP!
    Its happened before with Kepler, but its game specific, esp with newer games. Not that Nvidia is purposely doing so, they are just focusing on latest cards performance as a priority. So older cards may not get optimizations as quickly as newer ones do.

pimpernell likes this.