Nvidia Slide reveals numbers on Single and Double precision for Flagship pascal GPU

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 17, 2016.

1. TheF34RChannel

TheF34RChannel Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 Strix
    That's exactly what I'm debating, unless Pascal will prove to be awesome - regardless, I need something and rather sooner than later.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well in my case i will get a shiny new 980ti next week, so that will last me for at least another 2 years, im planing to stick @1080p with dsr here and there.
    In your case yeah 970 will have a big stretch then..but if u dont mind lowering a setting or two then it will be ok too. :)

3. GPU

GPU Guest

just saying that I just crabbed a couple of quick googles for intels new [14nm] chip

I guess they used the old intel chip spec's and not intels new chip spec's [14nm] for a working chip vs nv's target spec's [16nm] unless they had a ES sample in june 2015

Knight's Landing succeeds the current version of Xeon Phi, codenamed Knight's Corner, which has up to 61 cores. The new Knight's Landing chip ups the ante with double-precision performance exceeding 3 teraflops and over 8 teraflops of single-precision performance. It also has 16GB of on-package MCDRAM memory, which Intel says is five times more power efficient as GDDR5 and three times as dense
    Read more at http://hothardware.com/news/intels-...-chip-cleared-for-takeoff#WwPRculSe1r2SooK.99

coming Q1, -2016 ??
    http://www.hpctoday.com/viewpoints/inside-intel-knights-landing-architecture/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2016
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yeah guys I agree, Volta's where it's at. Pascal is a test, but with Volta they'll have learned how to treat HBM, but also, I hope for a good architectural adoption to dx12 / vulkan (and of course, greatly improved drivers).

Pretty much how I see it with my 980SLI... going for SLI did prove troublesome, but tbh, yet I play games mostly that make use of it, or are fine with a 980 so far. But I'm very curious to see how the next TIs will turn out, budget's already secured ;):D

5. Dazz

Dazz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Remains to be seen from the leak.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016