1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia shows signs ...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by pharma, Sep 17, 2018.

1. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Correct, developers would need to submit to Nvidia enough "screenies" for the training, and training can get accuracy over time. DLSS updates are handled by Geforce Experience. The training is free since they made a commitment and likely to remain free since no vendor charges for Driver updates (game optimizations handled by IHV developers).

When it first appeared some publishers did mention they would apply DLSS to some of their old titles since it's fairly quick to implement in game code. Just a matter of internal schedules.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Thank you for some clarifications @pharma , this leaves me some hope that eventually this method will become widely adopted. Perhaps even we will get some form of GFE option where you can simply navigate to the game .exe file and select "study it for DLSS"(or something in this style).

Even if it would take weeks, I would gladly wait. It has to be done only once after all.

pharma and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    hehe such a button for home use would be really cool, I'd do it with every game if I had an RTX card :D
    But as @pharma said, if it's free for the companies to do so, the chances on older games improve greatly.

pharma likes this.
  4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    What I mean by it, they have some learning capacity on their side (Nvidia), why not create a solution like that.
    Example: Users apply to "DLSS study" a particular game. The more users apply for a set game, the higher it gets in Nvidia que. Potentially slap on top of it an option to allow your own GPU to contribute to the effort.

Can't possibly even imagine how it works and how long it takes, but I'm sure it can't be THAT complex to analyze a game such as (for example) Elder Scrolls: Morrowind or Warcraft 3.

But the benefits! The benefits of it! (goes into autistic nostalgia mode)

Maddness, pharma and fantaskarsef like this.

5. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    is it 4k only like FF 15? with RTX I think everybody wants to combine the 2 to make up for the fps hit and have DLSS for all resolution above 1080p.

7. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Not sure. I'd probably expect the DLSS algorithm to be more optimized and fine tuned since the initial FFV demo, and likely continue to be further optimized as Nvidia works with the different game studios. It's definitely a fine wine scenario that will get better with time.

8. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    NVIDIA Opens Up The Code To StyleGAN - Create Your Own AI Family Portraits

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NVIDIA-StyleGAN-Open-Source

endbase and fantaskarsef like this.
  9. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  10. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080

11. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
  12. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Ray Tracing Gems is available for FREE download in pdf format.
    https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-1-4842-4427-2

Introduction
    This book is a must-have for anyone serious about rendering in real time. With the announcement of new ray tracing APIs and hardware to support them, developers can easily create real-time applications with ray tracing as a core component. As ray tracing on the GPU becomes faster, it will play a more central role in real-time rendering. Ray Tracing Gems provides key building blocks for developers of games, architectural applications, visualizations, and more. Experts in rendering share their knowledge by explaining everything from nitty-gritty techniques that will improve any ray tracer to mastery of the new capabilities of current and future hardware.
    What you'll learn:
    • The latest ray tracing techniques for developing real-time applications in multiple domains
    • Guidance, advice, and best practices for rendering applications with Microsoft DirectX Raytracing (DXR)
    • How to implement high-performance graphics for interactive visualizations, games, simulations, and more
    Who is this book for:
    • Developers who are looking to leverage the latest APIs and GPU technology for real-time rendering and ray tracing
    • Students looking to learn about best practices in these areas
    • Enthusiasts who want to understand and experiment with their new GPUs.
    [​IMG]

13. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Nvidia gains Market Share ....

The add-in board market decreased in Q4'18 from last quarter, and Nvidia gained market share. Over $2.8 billion dollars of AIBs shipped in the quarter.
    Quarter-to-quarter graphics board shipments decreased by 10.7% and decreased by 40.2% year-to-year.

The market shares for the desktop discrete GPU suppliers shifted in the quarter too, Nvidia increased market share from last quarter, and Nvidia increased share from last year.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.jonpeddie.com/press-rel...arch-releases-its-q4-2018-add-in-board-report

Noisiv likes this.
  14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Strix
    81% ouch...

I am to blame too. Couldn't resist any more. SOOORY :oops:

pharma likes this.
  15. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.

16. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  17. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB 144hz
    The Unity demo with the BMW they showcased was cool, but the rest of Nvidia's keynote was meh... :(

Also I don't like where things are going with AI, data analytics, 5G and cloud "gaming", it makes me very nervous.

18. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Unity demo I wouldn't be surprised if this has been done with Octane or Otoy Octane Brigade render engine

Sadly this sort of "reality" its still too far to be real or available in games

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    My SGI 320 with Octane Graphics running Windows 2000 had it over 20 years ago. In comparison, I ran DOOM 4 in OpenGL at over 300fps on 1080p on that machine. :) Switching bus vs Front-side Bus, 1:1 timings with RAM and CPUs, Video RAM and System RAM was the same RAM, and just used pointers for banking, so no lag to load resources. (RAM for that system was expensive as heck tho)

Hmm, I wonder if I can get Win10 running on it... probably not, lacking drivers.

20. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080

AuerX likes this.