NVIDIA Shows Lunar Landing demo with RTX Real-Time Ray Tracing

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 15, 2018.

1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    [​IMG]

As for the RT demo, shiny, everything is so very very shiny. Should it all be as shiny as that I mean if I could get my car to travel 400,000Km and look as shiny as that moon lander I would be very happy indeed. Look at the air ports on the suit, the blue and red ports, as the guy climbs down the lander ladder at some points they look like lights on the space suit. All this money, development and tech and the video goes from looking amazing to uncanny valley between shots.

2. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Depending on trajectory, the inner and most dangerous of the Van Allen radiation belts can be completely bypassed. The outer belt is far less damaging and due to the velocity of the capsule, the Apollo crews were not exposed to any high levels of radiation. Further out though, they did get bombarded with cosmic rays, even seeing flashes of light as a ray would pass through their brain. Kinda crazy.

from wiki:

3. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    So you expect someone to prove non-existence? lol. Even though it is a misconception to say a negative cannot be dis-proven, what you are asking is logically fallacious. The burden of proof is on YOU to prove your assertion.

4. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    The second stage of the Saturn V rockets were manufactured less than a mile from where I live by North American Aviation. All of those buildings were still standing until about 4 years ago when they began taking them down. Its a shame really. Left side of that road is now Boeing, and the right side is the Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station.

[​IMG]

Venix likes this.

5. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070/ RX580/ 780Ti
    I came to whine about the RTX and there's this whole conspiracy thread. What's sad is it's possible we wouldn't even have computers in the mainstream if it weren't for the space program advancing the technology. So many things the space programs did that we currently enjoy the benefits of. Great minds being questioned by tiny ones. That's rich.

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Again, you're not making any sense. Having ANOTHER crew already in orbit accomplishes nothing. Then even more bizarre is you flat out lie about what is posted.
    To wit: "There's zero evidence an entirely separate crew was launched into orbit. And, if your argument is being irradiated, how would putting ANOTHER crew up for even longer, solve that issue? It's utterly goofy and senseless."

In which you assert that " And yes, I am mind reader btw. Because you did not reply in way which would remotely hint that you reply to alternative crew theory." That is an absurd claim giving I explicitly stated I was mocking you for that and the argument I posted is direct evidence of your blatant dishonesty.
    Wow....you're a wreck.

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    The alternate crew theory is that the second crew, the one that actually goes to the moon, dies from radiation poisoning but no one back on Earth ever learns about it because people wouldn't accept the idea that astronauts are just flying to their death.

The reality though is that anyone with an astrophysics/advanced physics background can calculate the radiation received from the belts and the speed/trajectory requirement to get through unharmed, many have and confirmed it's a non-issue, which is exactly what NASA did. Not to mention that since then, many probes passed through, measured the radiation and no other agency/person monitoring that data suddenly went "OMG WE CAN'T LEAVE, TOO MUCH RADIATION" because again, non-issue. Or the fact that if US tried to bamboozle the world, the first country that would have called them out was the Soviet Union who said nothing of the sort.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    That shielding what's used in space today is thanks to actually measuring something like "Oh My God Particle".

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Geez, this topic got out of hand quick.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Creating evidence to fit the narrative doesn't prove the narrative.

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm not sure what you're trying to convince me of having watched them live on TV. :)

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    He's not convincing you about anything. He kindly re-expained what I wrote. And why he thinks that radiation in space was not necessarily dangerous enough to guarantee 2nd crew.
    In other words: He agrees with you and disagrees with me :D Geez, seeing enemies in every quote.

schmidtbag likes this.