NVIDIA Shows Lunar Landing demo with RTX Real-Time Ray Tracing

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Based on the documentary "Houston, We Have A Problem", right?

With Nixon saying:
    "We'll bomb those Yugoslav bastards right out of the—off the earth."
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_oQFplWs_g#t=1m50s

Now compare that with some other sources:

5m 29s ---> http://nixontapes.org/hak/1971-04-07_Nixon_001-010.mp3
    19m 22s ---> www.dailymotion.com/video/x6eqh3e
    https://prde.upress.virginia.edu/conversations/4001626

We’ll bomb those bastards right out of the—off the earth. <--- Meaning Vietnamese!

We see that there is no mention of "Yugoslav", because the phone talk was about Nixon's televised address from the Oval Office on 7 April 1971 announcing that he would withdraw 100,000 more American soldiers from Vietnam by December of that year, Kissinger kissing Nixon's @ss and so on...

"Yugoslav" was added!

TLDR;
    It's is a fun theory that almost makes sense, but relies on blatant falsifications and audio editing.
    People by and large not knowing how to Google, is a huge catalyst for all kinds of conspiracies.

-Tj- likes this.
  2. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7900XTX Aqua
    lol this thread. RTX really brings out the best in people. :p

Maddness likes this.
  3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    All you need is 2080 Ti SLI and a $1000 CPU.

4. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    wait there are still people that actually believe we staged the moon landing ? honestly ... i thought it was some sort of meme /trolling ! somehow i find the fact that people still believe it was staged very amusing ! please by all means if you believe the moon landing was staged expand your thoughs and your arguments i would be really interested to hear your theories and explanations to why ...meanwhile brb i am going to grab some pop corn !

5. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    @karma777police

first of all this was Apollo 11 ...not 1 ...not 2. ..but 11 the whole landing was in the making for a decade and thousands upon thousands of people worked
    on it ,first thing you need to consider the Apollo 11 as a mission was not exclusively a NASA effort the construction and preparations was broken into pieces
    and shared among a lot of the branches from NASA and hundreds corporations in USA and the REST of the world every corporation had specific instructions
    on what part of the mission they will construct from the fuel tanks the navigation module even the parachutes and the bags for the members ...natural needs
    in total for this mission they worked over 400.000 (yes 400 thousands people) for a decade ...everyone was in the conspiracy ?
    so ...option 1 ) yes everyone was part of the conspiracy !!!! This would mean that 400k people accepted to be brought with out moral dilemmas at all
    and secondly ...50 years now 400k people where capable of keeping such a secret!Even when the supposed proofs of the moon landing was stage
    started popping out and when some of em where on their deathbed with out family or what ever when they literally have nothing to loose ..they still manage
    to kept it a secret ?!
    option 2) Only 10-20 people where part of the conspiracy !!!! This means only the bosses and the higher ups the top of the pyramid this would mean all the
    companies that had to construct a module ...they did ...and they delivered all the pieces according to specification so NASA at the end HAD the pieces
    fully to assemble the spaceship and do the landing .... so why should they not ? did the astronauts chicken out last moment ? kind of difficult since
    their job before was testing experimental super sonic fighter aircraft's ....let's say they surely did not miss guts or the stomach for such a thing

those 2 above are only the human factors why it was not staged ! then you can grab a good telescope and observe the landing point ...grab a laser and do
    the test your self also bounce back your laser from the reflector and much much more ...

6. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    Came here for the moon landing hoax and was not disappointed glad to see people catching on and i guess some who are a bit slower

#NASALIES
    #FLATEARTH
    #MOONLANDINGWASFAKE

7. kieron fleming

kieron fleming Member

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    some people are just born stupid and think everything is a conspiracy as its cool these days to be a complete spanner.

As for the ray tracing when are we going to see some actual bench results of ray tracing in a game

8. Killian38

Killian38 Guest

GPU:
    The moon landing was not 100% fake and all my games have a ray tracing option.

I had to get this in before the LOCK is in place.

We did go to the moon. Just not earth's moon. We have been traveling in space along time.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  9. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Of course the earth is not flat. Yes we left Orbit and went to the moon, back in 69. Mars will happen in the next 30-40 yrs but we never went to the moon? LMAO You really are the brainwashed one and then you go on to make statements that make absolutely no sense. You people can't keep your facts straight and contradict yourselves every 2nd sentence :D

12 planets? Oh this is getting interesting. 8 planets, 9 if you include Pluto. What the heck do they teach you kids in School these days? Charon and 2003 UB313 and Ceres have not been classified as planets. But it's possible they are. https://www.theplanetstoday.com/how_many_planets_are_in_the_solar_system.html

It's quite ironic that you are willing to believe something unofficial, regarding planets, yet can't believe we went to the moon.

However, we did go to the moon. Fact.
    Opinion: I don't think we went to the moon (that's ok, you're entitled to a wrong opinion).

Venix likes this.
  10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It is Dynamic Range problem. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunlight
    Since Moon has no atmosphere, you can say that it is hit by all energy from Sun... all light, radiation. Table says ~1400W/m^2.
    In comparison to that, background stars/galaxies appear too dark.

Cameras were and still are worse than human eye in both range and adaptability to light conditions. So they set them up to have actual reasonable contrast (shadows/midtones/hightlights).
    At night, even cellphone can get photos of stars. But moment you place anything bit brighter into view phone adapts and stars are no longer visible.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Venix likes this.

11. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Given that Indian and Japanese Lunar satellites have taken photos of the Apollo landing sites, this silly debate should have been laid to rest. Wishful thinking, I know.....

Venix likes this.
  12. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    Can not support Nvidia anymore for supporting a fake moon landing. If we did go to the moon, they did not show us what was up there. Why do you think there is only a couple HD images of the moon? They do not want us to see. They want to enslave us and they can not do that if we know the truth. Knowledge is power and the elite have it all.

13. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    It's a bit ironic that Novidia "staged" Lunar Landing XD

As for Apollo 11 lunar landing was fake or not, consider the fact that USA strongest opponent Soviet never did question it.
    If there was a chance of lunar landing being fake at the time, Soviet would bring shitstorm upon USA and embarrass it worldwide.

But it didn't. Soviet also monitored Apollo 11 mission, so they confirmed it for themselves.
    As USA probably monitored Gagarin mission to open space, confirmed it and didn't question it.

Both sides, despite of hatred for each others, having hands over nuclear buttons, didn't called facts fake.
    Let that sink for a moment.

but Earth is flat af :D

14. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
  15. devastator

devastator Master Guru

GPU:
    rx7900xt sapphire

16. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    They landed in ma belly!!! [​IMG]For you idiots that think U.S. didn't go to the moon. These pictures taken with a telescope you can buy in a store. So put your money where your brains aren't and buy one and prove that these aren't there. Idiots.

Venix likes this.
  17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Weird, you're a mind reader? That wasn't what I was thinking at all. I was mocking specifically this theory of yours

"It was quite possible back in the day. Issue is survival of crew long enough to get back irradiated and die back on Earth.
    I'd say that in worst case scenario Armstrong's team went to orbit and another team finished Moon mission. (This is possibility, but let's be honest... Nobody else was there to confirm/disprove :D )

Apparently someone got to Moon and left HW there. That's something nobody should try to disprove."

There's zero evidence an entirely separate crew was launched into orbit. And, if your argument is being irradiated, how would putting ANOTHER crew up for even longer, solve that issue? It's utterly goofy and senseless.

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    One on orbit is relatively safe and survives for media. One on Moon risks their lives. Minimizes risk for Space Program popularity. You know what failures costing lives did to program, right?
    Did US have backup crew? Sure, at least 2. You do not bet it all on 2 people. What if one has accident? Sickness, mental breakdown in case of family tragedy... Things happen, backups are needed for anything of importance. Especially people.
    Was there backup shuttle and everything? Why would not? There could have been 3 as far as I am concerned. When people are out there in zero-g and something happens, crew on Earth does not do theory crafting out of white paper and memory. They take exactly same module available on Earth and see if it can be done before they tell crew up there to do it.

And yes, I am mind reader btw. Because you did not reply in way which would remotely hint that you reply to alternative crew theory. So, since you do now. It is nice to admit that you spent x posts replying to text which has not been written.

19. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    [​IMG]

As for the RT demo, shiny, everything is so very very shiny. Should it all be as shiny as that I mean if I could get my car to travel 400,000Km and look as shiny as that moon lander I would be very happy indeed. Look at the air ports on the suit, the blue and red ports, as the guy climbs down the lander ladder at some points they look like lights on the space suit. All this money, development and tech and the video goes from looking amazing to uncanny valley between shots.

20. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Depending on trajectory, the inner and most dangerous of the Van Allen radiation belts can be completely bypassed. The outer belt is far less damaging and due to the velocity of the capsule, the Apollo crews were not exposed to any high levels of radiation. Further out though, they did get bombarded with cosmic rays, even seeing flashes of light as a ray would pass through their brain. Kinda crazy.

from wiki: