NVIDIA Shows Lunar Landing demo with RTX Real-Time Ray Tracing

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Wrong. There is proof one way, not the other. All conspiracies have been destroyed, disproved into obliteration. Just stop. People like you make yourself look like such idiots that are so gullible it's hilarious.

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm all in for this new tech of ray tracing and i hope it moves forward and developers make use of it. I'm just hoping it will not end up like nvidia physx or amd mantle ( All hype and never really took off ) ...

Maddness likes this.
  3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Read the statement. If you have proper comprehension skills, you'll understand that it is no proof statement.

4. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Maybe some of these brainless fools should try Ray-Tracing on. It might actually help with brain function, who knows?

user1 likes this.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Lol, exactly as I wrote. Not sufficient comprehension. I never ever wrote that there was no Moon landing.

And in last Moon thread there was exactly same mental block. People replying like I wrote that there was no Moon landing.

So yes, read it again. 20 times if you have. Then come back. :D

6. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Perhaps I misinterpreted your response then, it's really late here and I have a splitting headache. My apologies if you were in agreement with me. I'll look at it tomorrow.

Please just apply my previous response to all those tin-foil nutheads :D

EDIT: Yup I actually did understand first time. You're saying there's no proof either way. Which is wrong. I give up. No point arguing with you. I'd like to keep it civil but idiots who say there is no proof simply deny all the proof there is.

It is not like magic. Facts exist. They do not require belief. One does not require belief in the Sun for it to exist. It simply exists. You could say a googolplex of times that it doesn't, that will not make it vanish from existence. It still exists. Fact.

Opinion: I don't think man went to the moon.
    Fact: Man went to the moon.

Simple enough for you?

7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    There is objective proof, we even left a mirror you can use to measure the distance. Proof, we were there. Now if you want to claim it did not happen precisely as history records it, whatever. Let just establish as fact that your base assertion is false.

8. Reqruiz

Reqruiz Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    Don't forget about Vulkan which is Mantle's heritage. :)

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And if it happened, it was actually southern Europeans Yugoslavia and Tito co. who made it happen - sold it to US,..
    Usa didn't have anything, Russians, Chinese both did and guess they felt left out,. they bought halfmade constructions from us in exchange for Yugo cars import later lol. Well at least those plans were more advanced then what they had. xD

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  10. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    You can see the actual moon landing site from Earth, if you have a powerful enough telescope (albeit, not with great detail). Keep in mind the moon is tidally locked so the landing site (Mare Tranquillitatis) is always facing us.
    https://www.space.com/14874-apollo-11-landing-site-moon-photo.html
    There's also a retro-reflector that was dropped off that was deliberately placed for laser ranging. There is nothing preventing you from using these yourself, assuming you have the equipment to pinpoint a laser at them:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_experiment
    Meanwhile, shows like Mythbusters have proven how much of what they did could not be spoofed with technology they had back then.

As for the radiation issue, to my knowledge, they were only out in space for several days. Of that time, they only spent a few hours walking on the surface of the moon. Compare that to the ISS, where people have been there for several months (I think one person was there for about a year).

I think AMD was aware Mantle was never going to take off. They made it mostly as a proof of concept, and to my understanding there was nothing preventing Intel or Nvidia from adopting it (though, Intel had no incentive to at all).
    Raytracing isn't going to be a proprietary tech. Nvidia's implementation with the Tensor cores is, but otherwise we're not limited to Nvidia to get these new features.

Maddness likes this.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Read #5. Then you can stop replying to something I did not write. It is not even funny. Because it looks stupid. Especially since people here behave exactly same way in every Moon landing thread.
    You question something for which there is no physical evidence. Just to see if people are open minded enough to say that possibility exists. And they get stuck and claim that you wrote something you did not.

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Physics is used in hundreds of games. It is one of the most popular physics API used. Most think of PhysX as being GPU, when a large part of it is run on the CPU or consoles.

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

You said "There is no proof either way.". You're wrong, just admit you're wrong and move on. That would be your correct choice. The wrong choice is to deny what you wrote then spend paragraphs trying to obscure your base error.
    I'm not stuck, you are.

14. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    I smell a closed thread soon...

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    No, I wrote that there is no proof to something else...
    So does it mean you could not comprehend my following sentences?

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    As long as those making the wrong arguments don't start calling names for being corrected, I don't see why....:p

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I understand you contradicting yourself just fine:

"There is no proof either way. It is similar to "magic" tricks. Unless you say STOP and dissect it in progress, you can't prove it was trick or magic afterwards.
    Therefore me saying that possibility exists is same as saying that: "there is change that God exists, it is just pretty slim".

I understand that uncertainty may be frightening for you, but almost nothing is certain in this world."

I understand you believe folks won't go back and look at you contradict yourself or try to stitch two posts together. You contradict your own argument. Don't blame us, blame yourself.

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Not a contradiction. There is no proof that there was no backup crew. That's only thing I wrote about. I never wrote that there was no Moon landing.

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Oh I see, so now your antic is to claim there is no proof against what ever alternative scenario you invent. Again, let us stick with your base assertion of a lack of proof. You were in fact wrong. Of course nobody can disprove your imagination. Man, what a loony argument.

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Good that you are so open minded. Good that you finally understand that you was wrong thinking that I wrote there was no Moon Landing. I almost thought you would not get there.

Till next time :)