Nvidia should change their control panel

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by JorGul, Mar 26, 2011.

?

Nvidia should change their control panel

1. Yes

46 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. No opinion

10 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. erocker

erocker Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    100% Absolutely agreed.

2. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    820M/2GB
    Look at all those people saying it's functional while custom resolutions have been broken for years. Not to mention the fact you cannot even get 23.976 Hz vertical refresh rate to work properly on an HDTV in Windows 7. :whip:

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    ^this :D

4. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX NVIDIA 1070GTX
    Hmm they are keeping the same old interface which was used in the period of windows xp till now, thats bad, they dont need to remove the existing interface, but they can add a new refreshed interface along with the old interface side by side to choose with. But these are only our ideas and thoughts :D Actually Nvidia should have plans for that, else its of no use...

5. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Yep. But i mean small tweaks.

ie, the 3D settings, even a 17' monitor is enough to display all the settings but the thing forces you to scroll down for no reason.

It has a lot of blank spaces that could get rid of, so the interface its smaller and has more space to put things rather than void.

The ability to store different presets for global settings and switching them from a task bar icon or something like that. I'd like that.

6. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Nvidia needs to change there overclocking performance profile section big time. It takes forever to get working right and is confusing and frustrating to use. It literally takes me a dozen times with reboots to get it to work right...

7. TruMutton_200Hz

GPU:
    820M/2GB
    Hence they called it Forceware. :banana:

8. blackfloyd

blackfloyd Member

GPU:
    GTX 580
    I like the current control panel; it's fast and easy to use and no Nvidia should'nt change current control panel.

But I want them to add an option for to change language. I can't understand the terrible translation of Nvidia Control Panel to my mother language. Because of this I'm using my OS in English.

PS: Sorry for my poor English.

9. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    I think they should change it to look something inline with Nvidia Inspector

10. FlinchingNinja

FlinchingNinja Member Guru

GPU:
    460 HAWK, 88GTS 4 Physics
    I just want a list box rather then a drop down box for the game profiles and the ability to check boxes next to each game you have. Sorting by this instead of the installed games check box would be much easier.

If Nvidia were smart they would have a custom benchmark within the driver and transmit settings and configs for analysis but that's a hell of a lot more work.

11. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    this, hence i voted a big YES!

12. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I think its fine as it is, works perfectly, and is fast.

I would never use OC from either CCC or NvCPL, afterburner does it much better anyways.

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'd be happy if it would properly detect application/game executables upon installation. It misses the vast majority. Especially steam games or those that have the game exe buried a couple of folders deep.

14. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Nice opportunity to speak, if they hear us :)

Like many others in this topic, what i dont understand and think it shouldn't be hard to improve, is the obligation of scrolling ... serious.

Otherwise it is ok imo

15. DEATHSTAR

DEATHSTAR Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285 SLi + 8800GTX
    looks good to me, i would like more features in it though like some people said earlier. combine inspector ntune OC into NvCpl.

16. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Afterburner is an MSI application correct? I do not want MSI logo's all over the place when I use an Asus video card. I'm pickey that way. The reason why I use the Nvidia OC feature is because it is intergrated into the driver and would therefore use less overhead, at least this is my train of thought..but the problem is getting the stupid thing to work is like pulling teeth!!

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I solved that issue by finding a nice stable OC of about 10% and flashed my cards. I detest using software overclocking. Too me, its the same as overclocking the CPU in Windows. Excess crap running. I realize that isn't an option that is useful or because of warranty issues, doable for others.

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I can list many apps I like whose interface I'd like to change. However way its changed though, there will always be those who prefer it another way.

19. TruMutton_200Hz

GPU:
    820M/2GB
  20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    +1

It seems to pick up some game fine, but not others, even if i had to point it to the Steam directory would be better than having to add every game manually, wish can take a while if you have alot of Steam games.

I would rather see that sorted, as well as a few HTPC issues sorted, before they change the GUI, i see no need to make it look better just for the sake of it, as if those were fixed i would never have to go into the CP, so i wouldn't see it anyway.