1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 gets update towards Android 6.0

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Would like a Shield Tablet, but going from 10.1 Inch to 8 Inch is too much of a difference.

3. kendoka15

kendoka15 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Gaming X
    C'mon Samsung, why can't you work this fast? Oh right because you make a million different smart devices

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    "Nvidia also includes a new feature called adoptable storage, users can use a micro-sd card as part of the system internal memory."

Really hope this feature comes to all android devices. It's the one thing that you would have thought would work like you think, but, doesn't. Mobile phones would benefit greatly from this if the additional card allows full installation of apps onto it without much messing about unlocking.

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    +1

If it was available in 10 inch i would have already bought one.

I got the original Nexus 7 on launch it was a good device but with limited uses, now i use an HP SlateBook 10 X2 and it gives me more posibilities due to it's bigger size.

IMHO 7 or 8 inches is too near in size to (too?) big phones/phablets, it could be enough as ebook reader or to take notes on the run but for something else like a versatile tablet to play games, browse or watch movies 10 is the perfect size.

6. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Sweet, can't wait for the update. As an owner I agree that 8" is a tad small but it's a good piece of kit nevertheless.