NVIDIA Share Value passes 400 USD, company is now worth more than Intel

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    cryohellinc likes this.
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Bubble, which can pop. Nvidia relies heavily on AI-related tech, hence the growth and influx of investments. Meanwhile, Intel has a stable base (even thou it's heavily worn out).

Besides, Intel has significantly higher profitability.

All of this aside, this growth is an extraordinary feat for Nvidia. What I hope is that this will result in even more value for the consumer, instead of only corporate segment clients.

HandR likes this.
  3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Time to buy a new leather jacket to celebrate! :eek:

4. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    This does look like a bubble. I bought some shares last year at $150 just after they were struggling with lack of miners buying their cards and sold for $300 just before the crash. Alas I did not buy again. However I don't see how their profits going forward can account for this rise in market capitalisation, their P/E ratio must be one of the highest out there.

I believe it is mainly due to new robinhood day traders just buying tech stocks as it is now the in thing. It makes AMD shares look quite good value even though they too are high compared to the historical average. AMD have some good products coming out and also consoles so perhaps still have some value.

Finally, nvidia shares are sane compared to the bubble that Tesla are currently at..... :D

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Two jackets one on top of the other, and a leather hat.

nz3777 and Solfaur like this.
  6. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    It's called "tinfoil" hat.. ;), not leather.....

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    It's only the market cap people. Nothing to see here. Although...74% increase in market cap in one FY is pretty strong.

Solfaur and angelgraves13 like this.
  8. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    The entire US stock market is on extreme steroids currently.

The crash will hit really hard when it happens, and it WILL happen for sure, there's no way to maintain this insane bubble.
    Just wait until elections are over later this year... I think that's the moment where FED will say "ok, done" and reality will kick in.

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Just a little over a year ago it was around $130-140. Took a beating after collapse of crypto market. But yeah, dramatic turnaround.

10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    This^^ The world is being flooded with cheap credit to help/save economies and people are using that money to invest in the stock market, creating huge bubbles in the process... The stock valuation for companies like Zoom, Tesla, Nokolai and others donĀ“t make any type of sense but since people continue to put money on them they continue to raise their values beyond any type of rationalization or logical justification...

In Portugal, instead of investing in the stock market, people are using the cheap credit to invest in real estate creating a bubble were houses are being valued the double or triple of what they are really worth...

0blivious likes this.

11. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Freakin guy at Every press confrence is Always wearing the same thing, I just dont get it. Maybe hes waiting for stocks to jump to $500 before he updates his wardrobe.

Today I introduce to you The Nvidia Rtx gtx 10,000 Ti Jacket made out of Matrix/Nano skin. :)

12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Yeah, people are looking for alternate sources of income since everyone is losing jobs. I have a friend who considered looking into stocks and just gave up immediately after seeing how crazy the stock market became.

What about Steve Jobs? Look him up in google images and (at least in my case) I found more pictures of him wearing a black shirt with jeans than Huang wearing the same leather jacket lol.
    Steve Ballmer also commonly wore a similarly common thing: a button-up shirt that was either blue or had blue stripes. Sometimes he wore a suit or vest over it, but that seems to have been his go-to.
    Bill Gates meanwhile either wears a suit or a sweater-vest, BUT, at least he changes up the style.

nz3777 likes this.
  13. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    People that are that Rich like Jobs and Nvidia dude are Cheeper then u and me trust me when I tell you this, They live a simple live and Worship Money Nothing else matters!!! Look how Steve died just sayin... You cant take it with u bro so enjoy while u can.

If that was me id have Nvidia strippers on stage w me Throwing video cards out to my fans hahaha, Probably explains why iam broke and hes not. :)

Venix likes this.
  14. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Intel stable? I don't know about that. I heard from tech people working there that if anyone has shares sell them quick. They appear to be losing all markets (desktop, laptop, server)

Watch this for instance. If I had shares like most employees do, I would be selling now before any of this happens...

Everything is going RISC... and if you think this is just some new fangled made up thing... I remember being taught about this in advanced computer architecture classes in computer science degree over 20 years ago.

cryohellinc likes this.
  15. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    That's why I say - heavily worn out. ;)

16. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    No RISC, No gain !

[​IMG]

17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Bill gates wore a leather jacket at the xbox announcement (not reveal) because, they were trying to intice developers and the young kidz...which is why I look forward to Boomerang-Huang (as he iz known on da streetz) to come out on stage beat-boxing and breakdancing with some sweet footwork and show off his patented WindMill-ti move, before proceeding to moonwalk towards the microphone and throwing his hat into the crowd.

That day is coming, and I'm callin' it.

btw - wearing a neck-strangler and wrangler is called style and choice (Jobs) wearing a leather jacket in your fifties when on stage promoting a piece of electronic circuitry is...'Fonzie syndrome'.

You think you're cool, but no one else does, and that's the joke.

Boomerang-Huang didn't get the message on da streetz

18. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I do not think the leather jacket is random, if anything is rather genius as far they keep their halo product so it is on anyone's mind that nvidia has the faster card ....the leather jacket brings attention to nvidia see how often people mention it and joke about but anyone that reads about it they straight up have nvidia in mind , by this point i start to think that all this is not random at all.

Also if we could vote for Nvidia ceo i would have been all out screaming @nz3777 for CEO ! You got my vote brother !

nz3777 likes this.