Nvidia Set to Unveil RTX 4060 and 4050 GPUs Ahead of Schedule?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    user1, Airbud and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Looking at the higher models, it wouldn't be a surprise if 4060 Ti and 4060 shared the same chip, both sporting the 128-bit memory bus and 8GB of memory. 8GB with a 128-bit bus would allow Nvidia to use only four memory chips, which would direcly boost the profit margin. The GPU chips themselves will be tiny. The cards will most probably be more expensive than the predecessors for the gamers to buy, despite not being any more expensive to manufacture, I imagine. They might be even cheaper for Nvidia/AIB partners to make.

vestibule likes this.
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    At this point I'm pretty sure people only are wondering about the price... we know where they go performance wise, I take it.

Embra likes this.
  4. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Well looks like Nvidia almost cleared all the remaining Ampere stocks, time for ADA to shine

5. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    They didn't clear Ampere, but the market has collapsed and they can't wait any longer for it to pick up.

schmidtbag likes this.
  6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    This is the problem with Nvidia, they have basically made budget level cards £500/600 base entry prices so they can starts from that base, as they simple do not want to give up those tasty mining gpu prices, so they need to find a way to artificially up the price, so they raise the price of budget and then just crank up the prices for mid and high while thinking we all have straw hanging out of our ears. lol

Keitosha likes this.
  7. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    These companies are hell bent on maintaining the GPU market in a perpetual mess.

Keitosha likes this.
  8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I agree with you.
    But that's only the "start", since ironically AMD does price like their cards could mine as well, and they're just releasing after Nvidia, more than willingly also increasing prices I'm afraid... we have yet to see AMD's "budget level", and I doubt it's going to cost half of Nvidia's. Which adds insult to the customer's options when the market's already "injured", but hey, neither company is there to not make money.

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I am convinced price fixing has been going on between these two for a while now with the lack of any real price competition between their products, its seem all rather fixed to a level neither will go below.

10. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I said that in the past gen also ...AMD is not pricing competitively but accordingly ... I am sure their formula is ...ok so Nvidia charges 1000 USD for x card our y card performs 90% of that ,so we price it 900.... And then subtract 50 more cause of our ray tracing ....

vestibule likes this.

11. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    It's very clear there is price fixing, we know 4080s don't sell, but their price doesn't change. 3k series same story. We know because they announced to their investors that they had a massive inventory of 3k series cards, where were the deep discounts on those? I don't think 3080s, for instance, ever went below initial MSRP despite Nvidia taking a 1.2 billion dollar write down on inventory. Someone explain that crap to me. Truth is, they seem content to take revenue hits in the short term in their gaming segment in order to solidify this new post-crypto pricing they seem keen on, high end cards at 1k+

12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    When there are only two companies for a single market, of course those two are going to fixe the prices, directly or indirectly.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    399$ is most xx60 series ti should be but it gona be like $599 or more i bet, that wont happen atlest i wont pay that less i "need" it which would mean my card would had to die

the current 3060ti with ggdr6x has 608GB\s bandwidth i wonder how much that gona be reduced. even the 4070ti has less. reguardless if performance is better it still less

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  14. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I wonder how much collapse is.
    How much does it cost a +50% perf bump on a 1080ti right now?

15. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    It's not price fixed - they aren't your two providers of electricity or something. These are luxury items and you can charge what you like for them. Their aim has to be to sell everything they can make at as high a price as possible. Something they clearly failed at last time as the massively inflated mining prices didn't go into Nvidia and AMD's pockets.
    This time around I am guessing they have less production capacity (Nvidia using TSMC not Samsung) and they aren't going to make the mistake they made last time and price too low. Hence we lose out (again!) but it's not something you can go to court about.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Who is excited for this 8gb/128bit 500$ gpu? :D

17. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Meanwhile at nvidia:
    [​IMG]

18. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    What a procreating clueless post, firstly, AMD and Nvidia have literally paid me money for price fixing before, this isn't a new concept to them. Secondly, what the frack are you talking about it didn't get into their pockets? Did you even bother to look? Look up their procreating revenue during 2021

19. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Neither is electricity! You can go out chop wood to burn and heat your home and use candles for light! Neither is gasoline use a bike so no complaining when they rise prices on those too !
    @Reardan whoops I meant to quote the one you quoted as well whoops
    @Dribble this one above was for you!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  20. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Doubling the prices of enthusiast level cards in 5 years isn't something many will get terribly excited about. This may as well be the new 5090 release.