NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti could have the performance of an RTX 3090 Ti

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 3, 2022.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    This only applies to those that actual pay electric bill, see how much that increase is do to cost eletricity and how gpu manufactors just want increase wattage for performance, people with money dont care or people that have others pay there bills for them, again probably dont care. cause they dont see correlation. and like been said cost of electrity only gona get higher among other things,

Gpu manufactor are going in wrong directions for improvements throwing more and more wattage at it to increase power at somepoint is gona back fire on them when people cant afford that cards inital price or cost to run them, then again gpu manufactures will just increase the cost actual card to fix that issue.

I already lost lot intrest in current gpu cause how much wattage they where using and now that pretty doubled. the extra heat generated alone is enough make me think do i really want gpu pulling that much wattage. never mind the bonus to electrically bill

2. Glottiz

Glottiz Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Like always with these things, wait for official final specs and reviews/tests/benchmarks on final retail hardware. But I can tell one thing for certain that no, 400W last gen card will not be matching 400W next gen card, as it doesn't even make any sense whatsoever.

3. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
    Yip, mine has tripled as well, but basic economics still rule. You can either earn more money, spend less money, or borrow money.
    While many of my long term investments did indeed take a hit when Russia invaded Ukraine, id already offloaded the short term stuff as soon as Putin started to build up sizable numbers on the border, however luckily i kept hold of my oil and gas shares which has covered the losses faced elseware and the rise in inflation.

4. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
    3800x at 4.4ghz and 1.275v
    6900xt at ( up to) 2600mhz and 1120mV
    Water temp at idle is +3C above room ambient.
    During gaming its +10C above ambient (Max)
    A 360mm rad in the bottom compartment and a 240 in the roof (Temjin Tj07 heavily modded)
    Its a very warm and humid day, still 30C and 81% humidity at 20:00 outside.
    32C and 60% humidity in my kitchen (Aircon turned off)
    29C and 50% humidity in my gaming room (Aircon set to Dry Mode and 26C)

5. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I know both AMD and Nvidia push silicon to the limit but that's just absurd: 100W less for only 10% loss in performance? This is a crime against the planet.

Agonist likes this.
  6. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    With most european nuclearplant that were in "off" procedure, the electricity will rise price again until they will ready to be "on" again (for those who don't know it take many month to go from a "on" to "off" and the same to go back)...
    I will chunk some wood for winter again this year (free body building too lol)

7. Typhon Six Six Six

Typhon Six Six Six Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    That's if you can buy one and if you can find one and not pay $1,500 over MSRP. I just got a 3090 for $1230. That's $350+ more than I paid for my 2080 ti. Don't count on rumors count on having to replace thermal paste/pads and or getting water cooling block. Cause if 3000 had heat problem I would bet "lovelace" will be the same maybe. Better start saving for the custom loop and $300 water block. or wait for a Chinese one.

8. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Gas lighting at its finest! Heatwave after Heatwave.. WTF are you talking about? Its called summer. Not to mention every year its different.. Stop buying in the the BS climate alarmists. You realize these scumbags pushing climate change is all for control right? Look into the World economic forum.. Your boy Bill Gates thinks we should be eating bugs! You have wack jobs in power and they are going to push crazy stuff, they aren't smart, they are Evil...
    You realize electric cars are just a gateway to get us into public transportation to control us, right? FFS you people need to wake up and not be a mindless sheep!

Having said all that... My 3090 ti and 9900k are running great with my new 1000 watt power supply.. I also have a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 5.7 Hemi and a Corvette with headers, x pipe with no cats and a Super charger.. Completely environmental friendly :p

~AngusHades~ and -Tj- like this.
  9. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    You are 100% right sir.. The world economic forum talks about the world being over populated already. When you could actually fit the whole world in Texas. The chaos and crime in the world is manufactured. Anyone that doesn't see it, is a blind fool ! Look up how many food warehouses in the United States have been burned to the ground in the last 2 yrs.. Like 102.. Think that's normal? Look it up!

You will have nothing and be happy.. - The World Economic Forum

Legacy-ZA and Fediuld like this.
  10. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I know i whine a lot about energy bills on here but it's getting silly now. "The typical household energy bill will hit £3,615 a year in January2023, up from £1,400 a year in January 2021" > BBC.

If prices were still £1400 a year then i probably don't care about gpu power draw but it's nearly 3 times that now already meaning anything over 400w and you'll see your energy drain away pretty fast. Especially if like me you have a pay as you go meter.

Silva likes this.

11. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    Just put the PC in another room.
    In the 600W cards.

12. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Give me a break... You can just downclock your card to efficient levels if you're really concerned how much power you use. If you're worried about the planet, your fight should be with your government to invest in Nuclear or hydro. Where i live, our power comes 100% from hydroelectric dams and i'll happily use as much power as necessary.

13. TimmyP

TimmyP Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I call BS. Every gen is 70->60, 80->70, in performance etc. This is all free marketing for Nvidia. Do you really believe they will break that trend? That is killing future sales.

Silva likes this.
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Why? 3070 was fast as 2080ti so 4070 will can assume will be fast as 3080ti and 4070ti may even be fast as 3090ti.

15. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Nothing special nor new about this. You generally get an upgrade of 2 models ie from a xx60 to an xx80, a good example is the 3060Ti I bought, which has the same if not better performance than a 2080 super. This is completely normal for every new generation.

16. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Nope, I suggest you go do more research as you are, in fact, wrong.

Every new gen is 60=80 of previous. You were close but no cigar.

17. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 Ultra
    to the point of some topics here. Not to turn this discussion into political one. :)

Attached Files:

Silva, Airbud and Fediuld like this.
  18. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Let's hope with at least 12GB of RAM this time ...

Silva likes this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    If it does match 3090ti in this configuration and priced just like 3070ti so 599$ that is pretty good and we can be excited about that. It is the upgrade path i was looking for coming from 2080super but that 400w tdp scares me.

Maddness likes this.
  20. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    My previous GPU, R9 Fury ~300W, never again am I having a GPU at that power - its cooling was very effective but damn it dumped so much heat - during summer it was awful. It wasn't so bad when I initially bought it because nothing taxed it that much, but near the end of its life, it was working very hard with new titles and it was just unbearable.

Silva, Airbud and Fediuld like this.