NVIDIA Reveals GeForce RTX 2060 12GB Final GPU Specifications

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    This is great news if they can make these in decent quantities to alleviate gpu supply but the sad truth is even the msrp is too high for an older gpu now and sadly it will be much higher once its scalped.
    i would have liked to see something a little more beefed up with 256bit bus to go with that 12gb vram and maybe the full core enabled.

3. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    The might just bring a few more Turing SKUs to alleviate the drought.

4. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    make it available at msrp or just don't bother,nvidia.

they should bring back 2070 Super since it was the best value card from the line-up,great for 1440p and moderate level of ray tracing.
    but I guess it was a good decision to use the cut down tu106 and 3060 pcb instead,it'll allow more production - in theory.

Horus-Anhur likes this.

5. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2080 Supe
    I find it odd that some people are able to find something usefull at this card. What is it in fact? An obsolete card, with useless extra VRAM at an inflated price. Yes, inflated, because this card will never cost as much as it worth.

Jensen is throwing a bone to the good old gamers, that sometime ago were his most valuable client, saying" You want to play games on your PC, then take this overpriced junk". At some point, all this crypto mining nonsense will shut down, with proof of stake upgrades or whatever and Jensen will crawl back to us, again, to buy his products. I can't wait for that moment.

rafaelluik and Serotonin like this.
  6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I agree with this. It's obsolete, overpriced corporate greed. This is not to help gamers. This is to make a profit off old tech while inflating the market to make more money on newer tech at the same time. Nvidia is playing with the market as well. It's not just scalpers and shortages.

Undying, chispy and rafaelluik like this.
  7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Money grab, but knowing nVidia's spin on it, they'd make it look like nVidia's doing gamers a solid by releasing it (a 12gb card that isn't powerful to leverage that much VRAM). And you know what, nV fanboy would lap it up, both the spin and card.

8. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    Part of the reason I guess is to make it less appealing to miners - the 192bit bus further lowers mining performance, combine that with it being LHR'd and on an old less efficient process means it's gonna be a pretty weak miner.

9. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    It will be profitable for mining or no ? Its the only one thing that matters.

10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Cash cow nothing but quick cash grab from nvidia with yesterdays left over chips , greed is getting out of hand ...

HandR and Undying like this.

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    How else do you get chips on the market when there is a shortage?... It's not like they can just magically make new ones, right?

Dribble likes this.
  12. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    And how justified they feel now.
    Messiah of GPUs came down to help poor players.
    They could probably resurrect GTX1060-80 and make good money out of it

chispy likes this.