NVIDIA responds to major shortages of GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition graphics cards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 18, 2020.

1. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Nvidia Signals RTX 3080 Founders Edition Will Be Back in Stock Next Week
    https://www.pcmag.com/news/nvidia-signals-rtx-3080-founders-edition-will-be-back-in-stock-next-week

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, if it works. If not, they tried? I can imagine other etailers didn't even care or try.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  3. Alrigjt0000
    You are insensitive :oops::oops: *snif snif*
    Fogettaboutit - we don't needem' ;):p

4. Tellthetruth

Tellthetruth Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Nvidia is deleting posts and banning people for several days in their forums as a daily basis right now, regarding this case. I was banned just after downvote an Nvidia representative post. Wow.

Fediuld and HARDRESET like this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You're blatantly lying, if you were banned it was because you posted derogatory remarks against the representative or spam posted a libellous article by MLID.

6. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Actually he complained because the FE went from "notify me" to "out of stock" instantly.
    If you read bellow others had same issues on multiple regions also. Nvidia basically didn't sell a single FE because there was no stock to begin with :p

HARDRESET likes this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Proven false.

8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Ampere's offerings are uninteresting to me. Awaiting other offerings.

Fediuld likes this.
  9. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Capturewe see.PNG Capturewe see.PNG Captureoutofstock.PNG
    Was out of stock for me, when i got my notice. went to Microcenter down the street ,were i live, plus to Best Buy in person .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Fediuld likes this.
  10. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Really, so basically twice the performance of the 5700xt and that is uninteresting to you. And what happens if big Navi only ends up at the performance of the 2080Ti as a few rumors have pointed too. I'd say you're a hard man to please.

11. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Speechless :(

fantaskarsef, Fediuld and Maddness like this.
  12. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    That was a good watch. Agreed with everything he said.

13. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I went to ebay and seen the drama lol. i never seen nothing like this before with GPU's haha. Even best buy is sold out.
    is it that serious?

14. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Correct. My experience with the GTX1070 left such a bad taste in my mouth, I would rather use a slower card than buy NVIDIA. Which isn't really a problem, since I like to play older titles. The newest game I play is Jedi: Fallen Order, which I already play 4K@60 on my 5700XT.

Besides, seeing how much textures are increasing in titles, I want 16GB or better for my next card. 10GB is too little.

Fediuld likes this.
  15. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    If "Big Navi" is 52CU GPU which is as big as the one found in Xbox X, then probably lets buy a console and keep our 5700XTs. Better investment overall and we know won't need any replacement until 2025 to play new titles.

16. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Hopefully big Navi has more than 52CU's. We should know in a little over 5 weeks. If they manage to make one to compete with the 3080 and have 12-16gb of memory, then thats pretty awesome. I'm very interested in that sort of performance.

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Scalpers morons? Issue is that there are people who do pay a smaller fortune to buy one of these cards from e-bay and similar sites.
    Pretty simple, if they can't sell they won't exist to start with.

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Who cares that you can't get your card without overpaying MSRP by 20% + taxes for year. Not due to extreme minor's demand, but due to poor supply.
    What matters is that nVidia did set good MSRP which people will link in 5 years... not remembering what everyone actually had to pay.

19. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    If AMD goes monolithic die route, my guess it would be around 64CU. That means non RT perf around 3080. It will be dirty cheap to manufacture at similar size of the Xbox X series die, so won't be that much more expensive to make and won't be thermal/power hog at it is going down the N7P route with better optimizations than the RDNA1.

RT perf is the great unknown because the 52CU Xbox is faster than the 2080ti at 4K but we do not know accurately by how much. Just that is faster. Go through the video and put the dots together from the Microsoft DX Developer Diary.

Now if the Infinity Fabric links found in the linux kernel drivers dropped by AMD few months ago for the CDNA and RDNA2 are not some code references copied over from the CDNA cards (which will use IF), then nobody knows how big the cards can be.

20. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I'm just hoping these people don't do the same thing with AMD's big Navi cards. I refuse to pay more than what they sell for in a shop and because of warranty issues will only ever buy from a shop. I just think its pretty stink for some who have been waiting for up to a few years for these and then this happens. It really is a new low.