Nvidia reduces revenue prediction due to video card demand.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Keitosha, Fediuld, Silva and 3 others like this.
  2. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    RTX 3090 (not even Ti): 2219,95 Euro
    RX 6950 XT: 999,95 Euro
    About price you can do the same with lower segment and it's even worse for NVidia as in price their concurent is from upper segment exept with RX 6400 and RX 6500 4g
    Few game use RT the right way
    On everything not RT the AMD is better than the NVidia
    During mining crisis AMD moved fast and get stock in less than 2 month, NVidia get stock AFTER the crisis...

Every solution of the problem is up there.

Fediuld likes this.
  3. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC
    Nvidia catered to miners last gen. Frankly....my heart isn't breaking for Nvidia. I have money put aside for an upgrade....and frankly, I will give AMD first shot. I dumped Intel for Ryzen 5950X and never regretted it. Nvidia got greedy and AMD did what they could to keep inventory flowing. I hope AMD doubles their revenue in the next few years.

Fediuld and Silva like this.
  4. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Hey miners,enjoy those 40xx cards because I aint buying any.:):)

And good luck paying your electric bill mining with 4090s.lol

5. alchemystn2o

alchemystn2o New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Intel, AMD, & Nvidia at the end of day are giant corps. They are not your friend. Just which one is the "lesser evil" and currently (imo) is AMD. Vote with your wallets.

Keitosha, carnivore, Fediuld and 4 others like this.
  6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Since you state EU tax i cant tell if the 500 is usd or not, if so, the 1080 was a $600-700 card, depending if it was founders edition or not, and while it took a couple months for the titan to come out, the titan was $1200.

Dont look at the past with rosy eyes without actually remembering the past.

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    In other news, leather jackets have gone up - funny how the two are related.

Fediuld, chispy, H83 and 1 other person like this.
  8. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio X 3090
    Won't be spending 3090 money on a 4090 given how 2 years ago I got a massive bonus to try working from home and this year I have triple electric prices and high interest payments.

They'll be lucky to get normally a high end buyer such as myself to spend more than £800 this year.

9. bobnewels

bobnewels Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Cheap GPU's for everyone.Well it is a good thing,seen some low prices especially on AMD side.
    Maybe new lineup RTX 4xxx's will be cheaper by a couple hundred bucks also.

Thank's to the miners for low prices all around.

10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    But Nvidia told everyone, including shareholders, that miners were just an insignificant part of their revenue, i don`t understand...

Seriously, it serves them right, thinking that the crypto craze would last forever.

And like others have already said, despite the fact that cards are already "old", that inflation is going up like crazy and that miners have disappeared for the near future, they still refuse to lower their prices!!!

It`s like their cards are made of gold!...

11. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    3070 / 6900xt
    Funny how we all make noise now and if you look at our signatures all bought new series paid at speculation level.
    We should've acted then and not buy!
    Now all words are pointless, we're still weak just blah blah blah.

Venix and Crazy Serb like this.
  12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    I'll take a 3070 of your hands for €400.

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Depends on if the market floods or not.. so far the used cards aren't going for that cheap. If anything this may have justified higher pricepoints.. like @tty8k said, in all these threads where you have people saying the price is too high for anyone to afford, but like 75% of the thread owns a 3k or 6k series card. Further, the steam survey shows a pretty decent chunk of gamers own these newer series.. maybe it didn't occur as quick as previous gens but if the margins are like 60% higher.. does it really matter?

On top of that the last time there was a massive mining sell off, the market exploded only a few years later, the 1080/1080Ti's they sold for super cheap were now 3-4x the price -- I bet all the miners that sold their cards massively regretted that decision. It's going to be interesting to see how that plays into the used card sales going forward.

14. mtbiker033

mtbiker033 Member

GPU:
    1080ti FE
    :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Agonist likes this.
  15. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    So, in other words, regardless of price/performance, AMD still can't sell their cards...
    All we need for next gen is for nvidia to release first at higher prices then 30 series since people will buy them anyway and then AMD will be a good company and undercut nvidia by few $ so we can keep buying nvidia cards!

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    The key word being "at least".

Nearly all gpu's in the first year of ampere went directly to miners...

Fediuld likes this.
  17. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080ti Vision OC
    I have Nvidia stock but screw them. They supported and profiteered from the crypto craze and will do so again in a heartbeat if crypto recovers.

Fediuld likes this.
  18. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Why is it so hard to say "we expected to sell most stock to miners"?
    Everyone knows what's going on. So why lie? Come clean, apologize, and make up by selling to gamers at previously acceptable prices, i.e. the Maxwell era.

Fediuld and Venix like this.
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Nvidia is being inaccurate on purpose with the words they are using... "Gaming" revenue is up................. "Crypto" revenue is down, that was how large a leech crypto has been on video cards intended for the purpose of playing Video Games.

When I say nvidia was balls deep in crypto that is also not accurate, Nvidia crawled head first into that coochie and is now being born for a second time and discovering a whole new world while they're at it.

20. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    I am on 1440p and still on a GTX 1060 I deny to pay their prices ! I will not lie I was tempted few times . But no I lasted for so long as far my 1060 breaths I will not pay more than 350 euros for xx60ti class card !

Fediuld, Silva, Valken and 1 other person like this.