Nvidia rant tell me what ya think of it :)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Ramair325, Nov 8, 2010.

1. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Here is your problem, let me see if you can grasp it, I mean really. You are trying to game in a ridiculously super high resolution with 3 video cards. Do you not see how this is completly far from what "normal "gamers use and play with? So you fall in to the 1% minority, and then have problems--then turn around and rant on NVIDIA? LOL

Why not be smart and lower the resolution a bit, drop down to regular SLi and have fun? Do you really have to have the absolute biggest e-penis to your PC buddies? Do you honestly think the resolution you are playing in is soooo much better then a few below it? Honestly?

Seriously think about these questions. If you do you will clearly see that because YOU choose to game using configs 99% of the gaming public never use, you are by default setting yourself up for problems!!

Geez...

Sorry if I sound like an @ss but seriously, you need to chill out on having the bestest and fastest just try to game problem free, and going ATi isn't going to solve all your issues, you will have new ones trust me!!

2. Ramair325

Ramair325 Member Guru

GPU:
    3 BFG 280gtx
    Ok yes you are absolutely right when you say that i am trying to game at a ridiculous resolution however with eyefinity and nvidia's triple displays now out my resolution now seems a little more main stream dose it not?

To the e-peen comment, I definitely can see where you might think that how ever if i was about that i would have gone out and bought a new 980x months ago as well as a few 480's witch i have the money to do when ever i see fit but that's not my goal at all, i just really enjoy high res gaming. Always have and always will. back when i first starting gaming at 1024x768 it wasn't very long b4 i upgraded into a nice crt that had 1600x1200 res and never had the sort of video driver problems that i have had today, and while you may say well that's because you didn't have 3 gfx cards!! dummy lol. But i state this again its not the sli that i am having issues with, however it may help me to notice issues with drivers a bit easier than most. so basically any driver that is worse that its previous will most likely be a noticeable difference in game play to me at my res how ever for people with less hardware might just not notice it because there game was limited by cpu or gpu power, and also lower res are less memory dependent meaning less noticeable for memory related issues with there drivers. I hope i explained that correctly lol.

3. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    I really just don't get it. I mean, look at my system, to you it would be low-end laughable, but you know what? I can play every game stutter free, no driver issues with any game I have ever played. I can game in a nice 1680x1050 resolution which is hi-def and very much comparable to 1080P. But the thing is no problems, not a single one! I actually enjoy my games and not have to trouble-shoot for hours and hours. I am not constantly searching the internet trying to find solutions just to game. I plop in BF2BC2 and can play for hours in 50+ fps which is smooth enough to enjoy the game. I don't need to see 32X FSAA and 1000X AF LOL. Common man, just play normally and I can guarantee you will play problem free!!

I mean, isn't that the true goal anyways?

4. Ramair325

Ramair325 Member Guru

GPU:
    3 BFG 280gtx
    Yes but i am a hardware enthusiast and i love Horsepower (maybe a little e-peen in me.. but i really don't think so /shrug) i just like things that go fast weather it be a car computer and i know i need a SSD but 2$ per gig aint happen :p (i actually have to work for my money lol)

Not to mention when is the last time you sat down in front of a 30" screen with 4million pixels? not going to lie its pretty sweet :)

5. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    I have a 46inch 1080P TV and a 25 foot HDMI cable. Been there done that....I also hooked up my PC to my parents 60 inch 1080P LCD TV and yes while I agree it is pretty sweet, so is sitting in front on my problem free 22 inch set up on my PC...

6. Ramair325

Ramair325 Member Guru

GPU:
    3 BFG 280gtx
    eh not exactly what i mean not saying sitting in front of the good ol 46" aint fun. but I'm more talking talking about pixel pitch or how close the pixels are to one another the closer they are the clearer the picture is. /sigh what i wouldn't give for a lcd that can look like my old crt lol.

7. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    ATI driver problems I have heard of I used 2 5870's Xfire no problem 3 no problem 5970 and 5850 no problem , 5970 + 5870 NP 2x5970 in crossfire nothing but problems. Needless to say I will not try Quads again for awhile. I used to have 3x280 all WC they ran great but did have some Microstutter issues.

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    If you had used the search engine, you would have seen that Nvidia hate threads pop up about every 3 weeks or so at G3D.....they just get kinda old and stale and repetitive after a while....

And nzone.......that place is infested with noobs who talk a lot of BS cuz they don't know any better, and other members listen to the BS because they also don't know any better...

If they tried that here at G3D, they'd be laughed right off the forums.... lol.

Myself and a couple of others did post over there about the monitor overscaling problems, but even after 300 posts and 12k views it still took nearly a year to fix it, then of course it got broken again with the next set of drivers...

So that's my rant..:)

9. G-Man

G-Man Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    Eh, never had any issues with nvidia drivers. ATI drivers on the other hand....
    I guess it just comes down to luck.

10. Ramair325

Ramair325 Member Guru

GPU:
    3 BFG 280gtx
    Right on man, lol i know the feeling i still have a whole os loaded up with the 180 drivers just so i can play gta4 because they trashed them to pieces on the next release horrible same with crysis i have a os just for that game aswell because well its the only driver that plays smooth at all **** the last 10 drivers have made crysis compleatly unplayable on very high... its a freakin slide show... idk drives me nuts lol

11. ati666

ati666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    why doesnt the new drivers for gtx470/480/580 have a tesselation option in the control panel?

12. Ramair325

Ramair325 Member Guru

GPU:
    3 BFG 280gtx
    I haven't a clue, But at least they finally added proper PhysX support so you can actually dedicate any gpu to the work and actually have 2 way sli with 3 cards... (and i haven't had a chance to try out the cpu PhysX option I wonder if that will actually do the physx in like for example batman, If anyone could test that out i would be interested in hearing about it :) I know in the past when you tried to have physx done with the cpu batman would just not use physx...)not that much of anything i play ever has PhysX in it -.-

13. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    I know what your saying.. You like total clarity. But while I agree hi-res looks good, after a certian point it becomes less and less noticable. I find personally anything near 1080P is perfectly clear to the human eye, I guess that is why it is an industry standard. I guess for you, having the most crystal clear picture is important enough. For me, having problem free gaming is more important. There is nothing I hate more then having a few beers, firing up a game only to have some problem pop up lol!

14. Ramair325

Ramair325 Member Guru

GPU:
    3 BFG 280gtx
    Cheers mate! sorry i have been extremely busy for the last week. And that i do i really enjoy high image quality, sucks for me lol :) On another note got in my new fuzion mother board from MSI. Finally got some time to work on it here the last couple of days and the longer i work with it the more i remember why i never liked MSI in the first place lol. :( Thing is a real bugger to o/c memory timings don't hold for some reason and the auto tune is a joke (oc genie) so i'm stuck with my i3 at 4.07 atm :( a chip that i know is easily over clockable to 4.4 at the very least, and i got 2 6870's so i need all the clock speed i can get :) oh and if anyone is thinking about the lucid engine for your 6xxx series cards its not supported yet -.- Left lucid a e-mail asking for tech support to see if i can enable them even tho they are not supported yet but nothing back yet...

15. Rollo2

Rollo2 Banned

I sit down in front of a screen like that every day, and three screens with more.

My advice to you is that you should get some ATi cards, you seem very unhappy with your NVIDIA cards. I've also been running various multi GPU configurations with NVIDIA cards (2-4 GPUs) and if I ever had problems like you claim to, I would switch.

My personal thought is you have an axe to grind with NVIDIA, so you created this post to get other people with an axe to grind with NVIDIA to join your rant, and create a false impression that a person would be lucky if NVIDIA drivers didn't cause their computer to explode.

NVIDIA Focus Group Member
    NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to
    facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    This thread shouldnt be titled Nvidia rant, but rather tri-SLI rant. Anyone with 3 cards (whether SLI or crossfire) is bound to get far more issues than single or dual card owners. I've never had more than a single card in any of my rigs, I guess that why I have a much more positive experience with Nvidia.

17. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    The only SLI problem i've ever had (I first used SLI with GTX285s) Is one i had the other day when SLI decided to stop working when i had my soundcard in the PC... That problem was due to an IRQ conflict... Other than that i've never had any issues with SLI that didnt also happen running a single card with SLI turned off.

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol rollo trying to defent nvidia, what a trolllolol...

19. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    I wonder how many people take the GPU BIOS into consideration when trying to troubleshoot a GPU related issue. I can't tell you how many times something seemed like a "driver issue" but was later resolved with a quick BIOS flash.

20. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P