Nvidia Quadro Driver 265.90 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Dec 1, 2010.

1. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Awesome Drivers for Left 4 dead 2 !!! , really smooth and higher frame rates ;)

2. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    this driver cant see my other card wich is for physx.I cant select it.only gtx 470 :(

everything else is good.scaling finally fixed and contrast and gamma now work properly.

3. Crugath

Crugath Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    It has made some improvement for me.

Been testing the new Oasis map, Conquest, full server with 32 people.

On the previous drivers I had installed (260.99) I would get 30-40% usage on the map, with about 25-40 fps.

Now with these drivers and the modded inf (thanks frytom for the link!) I am getting 65-80% GPU usage with around 40-55fps.

I am really pleased with these drivers, they're great so far!

I know it's not quite the holy grail of 99-100% usage, but it shows that nVidia are able to improve it, and with any luck in the next branch of drivers, where the proper official fix for BC2 is included (if I am to believe ManuelG from the official nVidia forums), then they're heading along the right lines and things are looking up to me.

And for those interested, these are my graphics settings for BC2:

1680x1050
    dx11
    everything set to High apart from Shadows - which is Medium
    2x MSAA
    8x Anisotropic
    no Vsync
    no HBAO (or whatever it's called - the SSAO option in BC2...)

I, of course, cannot guarantee that everyone will get such improvements, but it worked for me, so I'm really rather happy!

No idea how it will effect other games, I seem to remember getting low GPU usage in Borderlands too (I think), I'm playing that tonight with some friends so I'll report back on how that goes, should anyone be interested.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot of Afterburner 2.0.0 showing the GPU usage I was getting while playing some Oasis Conquest online.

Where the usage dropped to around 0% was when I quit BC2 to grab a screenshot.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  4. wekktor

wekktor Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX470 SC @ 780/1620
    much more fps in F1 2010. Both dx9 and 11.

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]

yea i saw it too , it was like this by default
    [​IMG]

although i prefer monitor's build-in scaling :)

but Dirt2 still has that micro freeze when it shows the cars.. its ok if i rerun the bench -2nd time, but if i quit the game and run it again its the same with that freeze. Damn ever since they optimized it for 460gtx with 260+ its started happening, i really hope they're gonna fix it soon..

lowest 50fps vs lowest 64fps with 258.96; and if i rerun the bench then its lowest 62.5fps with 260+... otherwise i got a bit higher avg 79fps vs 77.8fps with 263.06tesla or other 26x.xx..

they have NFS HP profile too, just like 263.06 and COD BO also.. at least something :nerd:

edit: hmm dx10 doesn't work, RE5, DMC4, justcasue2, unigine heaven dx11 mode,.. it says dx10 isnt supported, like with one older quadro release., damn im gonna try different INF otherwise i'll go back to those tesla.:pc1:

edit2: lol it was my inf fault i only added the string to 6.1 and name at end, it usually works fine..

and now i tried the one from Ragdoll_effect and dx10 RE5 works fine again,..guess i'll keep them for a little longer :nerd:

6. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    i get nothing like that performance on my rig with these? neither anywhere near that gpu usage , only time i can get usage like that is by forcing 16Q sli AA

7. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    For me it hardlocked at boot up as well at desktop so I had to go back to the drivers i was using before. Even on clean install .

8. SuperBill

SuperBill Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    Sorry I thought when you said you needed a reboot after installing that you just installed over top and attempted to use them whereas clean installing always requires a reboot... so you needed an extra reboot. Strange but the drivers don't seem solid to me anyways if I could spot a problem on the first game I loaded.

9. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Hmm... nice, so maybe Forceware is right around the corner.

10. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    apart from the fact that my G8800gtx isn't recognized in GPU-Z, im glad with these. MSIAfterBurner and nvidiainspector do reckon my G80 Gcard anyway.

They support good graphic OCing and i can tweak them as i wish, the install when all good on my rig so i'll push a little furtherer. I used the 263.00 lately.

Thanks

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    exactly my thoughts as well :)

12. WacKEDmaN

WacKEDmaN Guest

finally got the international version to install...

but i still have no scaling options...still the crappy Resize only..

@thehunter: what samsung monitor have you got? im running P2270H

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    some old one, syncmaster 970p

14. Behelit

Behelit Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 Hydro
    got +80% usage in BFBC2 with those drivers, also better frame rate.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Seem like great drivers to me so far, Blood Stone performance seems down, and still no profile for it, but everything else is faster so far.

Don't have the scaling options either, i think it depends on the screen your using.

16. justmeez

justmeez Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 SC SLI
    Well for me these drivers are a mixed bag. In BC2 my game is not smooth anymore. But (and this is just my observation so don't kill me) in PCSX2 the textures are definitely much sharper in my games. I noticed the sharper textures immediately in FFX which is what I've been playing for quite some time now. They are almost too sharp. I can't really speak for other games because I haven't noticed any iq change in BC2, ME, ME2 or COD 4-BO.

17. erm

erm Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    hey guys, the drivers are not WHQL

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    How do you know they are not, which Quadro card did you test these on?

19. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Uuuh they are , but once you use the modified inf then they are not!

20. erm

erm Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB