Nvidia Quadro driver 258.49 WHQL OUT

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BetA, Jun 17, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

87 vote(s)
    68.0%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

25 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

16 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    1.212v, and yes, it definitely is faster, though I don't know why.

2. Faks

Faks Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 560 Ti 2GB
    simple rules to avoid artifacts
    1.don't overclock video card
    2. use ntune 5.xx version to put gpu cooler on 100%
    3.don't edit video cards bios if you doesn't understand what is or doing it for fun .

3. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc

LOL, you do know what forum your in don't you? :)

4. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Random words of wisdom from the master.
    Who was that directed at anyway? IPlayNaked?
    LOL :wanker:

5. exiled_soul

exiled_soul Member

GPU:
    XFX-GTX275
    This Driver Is working great for me.Gain some fps on crysis :D

6. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    do u run ccleaner as well ? to remove registry files left behind , try after u driver sweep in safe mode then first restart after driver installs run again, my profiles have worked everytime this way , the only time they didnt is when i forgot to delete the program data files

7. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Does it even has support for OpenGL 4.0 ? i think the max support for this driver is 3.3 which should be a warning for the 4xx series to stay away from it, it might be just good for all other cards but not right for 4xx which has it's Own special driver.

More EDIT: It doesn't even support DX11 for all i can tell, that's why i am asking people to post screenshot of their card after they installed it and all i get is 9800GTX screen,, i asked clearly for 4xx cards whoever installed it, i don't care about the performance you get with 9800gtx lal, that's not even Dx10 card serious, please read what people write, it's forums yes, not flaming ofcourse, but please do your job reading and then post useful informational info or data for all i care about what we requested.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  8. adoru

adoru New Member

GPU:
    PNY GeForce GTX 260
    Newb here, but wanted to chime in - I have only had a chance to try this with Blur, but I got a very noticeable drop in performance. Game went from 60FPS to around 35-40. Ran the driver sweeper first.

Will experiment some more though.

9. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    if you would read teh First Post you would know^^

--->

New in Release 258.49:

* Adds support for CUDA 3.1 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications. See CUDA for more details.
    * Adds support for OpenGL 3.3

greetz^^

edit...Adds support for OpenGL 4.0 for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs. ---> seems like its only on GeForce Drivers. not quadro. but since i dont have an dx11 card..i dont need this feature^^

10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Yes, but my guess OTHER people haven't read that, though 4xx Series never should even consider installing this, so please all who have 4xx DO NOT USE QUADRO drivers please ! , Dont mess with something that's clearly will screwed,f888*, and destroy all what you paid for, seriously why would you want that ?!

11. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Who gives a crap about OpenGL 4.0, really.

What game/application do I use that uses OpenGL. 0. Not a single one.

12. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Again READ the post above, Only support DX8, DX9, DX10, No DX11, so why would you want DX11 ? just use 295GTX SLI, who needs 480GTX or 470 , yes they suck because you bought them to use DX10 and OpenGL 1.0 nice.

Think above, whatever has lower support on 1 thing should have limitation on more things, that's clearly a rule to go for on many more things.

To make a Sum for you : This drivers might not support Physx at all. no support for OpenCL 3.1 OR At all. No support for Only 4xx settings , 3D Stereo, No support for power settings adaptive-Performance or it might not just work at all.

And go figure what more things are missing, different files means different code, and that code you won't get !

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Guess I don't get your point. These drivers run great on 400 series cards and have excellent IQ. I haven't seen any problem in DX11 mode so far, what's the deal?

14. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    lmao u know nothing 9800gtx not dx1o hmmm my 8800gts ix even dx10 , why post if youre not happy just use whatever driver U think supports your card

to diss people who have took the time to post screenshots is pure wrong

go and do ya own testing and tell us something usefull if not go away

15. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    If everything does work fine, try running Metro 2033 with physx, and FluidMark 1.2.0 to see if it runs it good.

If we had the right software to check if the drivers worked good, hell nvidia or microsoft should have bought it from us right ? so we don't have anything to check and eyes are really bad system to check how things look or work, because you can't see a pixel out of 2,000,000 in the same time on the same second. go figure might this pixel has artefact and you can't see it, that means bad IQ, and not excellent , let me get it clear, what you see is Right, but what runs on behind you don't know ? that's bad isn't it ,,

To compare is the people use the Preluade or AuzenForte drivers for XFI cards and that's same company XFI and the cards are made from creative, the drivers are from creative, it's same things just different quality of chips just same as Quadro and Geforce as what you say it is. it might install fine, it might runs fine, but as far as i could notice when i tried to use it i had humming sound all way long, and the 3D Sound had weird Buzz when it pass from right to middle and middle to left 2 times small ones buzz, which isn't right. now you go and search whatever is wrong with 2,000,000 pixels and tell me if you could notice.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010

16. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I have no games to deny the Physx claim, but DX11 works fine, Heaven Bench and Metro 2033 worked fine.

Adaptive power settings work fine, I mean, there are weird peices, like minor corruption in Metro 2033, but that's to be expected from a driver not made for your card.

That said though, if you want to experience Crysis, this seems to be the driver to do so on.

FLuidmark and by extension physx also work fine.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @x: Why shouldn't Metro run fine? I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say about Creative and Auzen there.

PS: When it comes to audio and sound, my eyes and ears are all I have. If they say it's fine that's always good enough for me.

18. iCroW

iCroW Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX580 TFIIoc
    Mod inf for WinXP x32,change it from .txt to .INF and install.

19. Hartman13

Hartman13 New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 295
    On GTX 295, and just updated from 197.45 and I'm noticing slight stuttering in games. I've only tested CSS and MW2 so far, but I'm pretty sure it does it in every game.

20. Jonup

Jonup Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTS250 828/1944/2500
    Thanks my man! This has been long (less than a day) awaited.
    Peace!