Nvidia Quadro driver 258.49 WHQL OUT

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BetA, Jun 17, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

87 vote(s)
    68.0%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

25 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

16 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Spetznaz

Spetznaz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9400GT 512MB @ 750
    These driver aren't compatible with my current hardware. I'm on win7 32bit. Why aren't they compatible?

2. Oracle

Oracle New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    I have exactly the same. Playing Cysis , BFBC2 and Metro 2033 and AVP results in the driver stops responding. Seems GTX295 and this driver don't like each other that much, back to 197.45.

3. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    ive played bf bc2 n mw2 all weekend with no problems at all with the highest fps ive seen , also nfs shift runs smooth as too , seems like a 295 problem , why is baffling as its basically my card x 2 , strange

4. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    what planet are u from , the ati planet , you know nothing and your spouting rubbish , im not delusional far from it , how about 19 hrs of gaming this weekend with these drivers and not 1 bit of a problem

WHOS DELUSIONAL ?

do you work for nvidia in the driver department , i think not , now toddle on

5. deepz0ne

deepz0ne New Member

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX260
    1.Download the modded .inf for win7 32-bit. (change extension back to .inf)

2.Unpack the downloaded driver to a folder ( via Win-Rar, right-click, extract to...).

3.Put the modded .inf into the that folder, replacing the old one.

4.Install.

5. Success ! :banana:

6. Mikel7

Mikel7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX970/4096Mb
    Mass effect 2 runs nice with these drivers. Only noticed some graphic glitches on the citadel in an ingame rendered sequence. Can't say how many fps I get cause Xfire doesn't show them in this game for whatever reason.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  7. Spetznaz

Spetznaz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9400GT 512MB @ 750
    I appreciate the help. Thanx

i did this. Still not working

8. dakotablues

dakotablues Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 5803gb
    I had not played Crysis or Metro with the 258xx drivers, I had had good performance for some games, but....I have had occasional BSOD's and beyond about a half hour time frame, Windows 7 comes out of a sleep mode with display not powering up, or powering up w/black screen only . Tried some things, but nothing fixed it except returning to 257.21

9. blackthesoul

blackthesoul Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1080ti
    hi m8, that .inf you tried is for the 8.17.12.5729 [257.29] set , that may be the problem heres the link for an .inf i have modded for your 9400gt , just do the same as stated above, extract driver package, and replace the .inf with the one i have suplied m8, and all should be ok ;)

10. milktree

milktree Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780TI GHZ x2
    its sad that it gives me freezes because performance is really great with these drivers.

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I fixed my profile issues by installing the drivers from laptopvideo instead of the Nvidia site.

12. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    I'm glad to see these drivers stopped my TF2's constant and immediate CTDs over the 257.21s...

13. Ph@ntom

Ph@ntom Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 5770 HAWK Twin Frozr
    These drivers are solidly smooth in Farcry2 - at least for my 8800GTS 512. Haven't really tested anything else but Nhancer doesn't seem to support it (as mentioned earlier). Thus I'll have to find another way to tweak Flight Sim X for now.

14. blackthesoul

blackthesoul Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1080ti

hiya m8, i was in exactly the same boat as you. this set works amazing on my rig , but no nhancer support yet, so i managed to stumble accross this tiny app which has alot to feature, .....
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=323963

hope it helps buddy :)

15. cmatt099

cmatt099 Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 580 Direct CUII
    could not get setup to complete it fails then ask to go back to previous driver which isn't actually previous one so you have then again reinstall your latest driver kinda a hassel

16. Ph@ntom

Ph@ntom Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 5770 HAWK Twin Frozr
    Yay! Thx a mil m8, will DL that proggie just now and try it at home later on. I'm dying to play Flight Sim X again, the way its supposed to be played with the Nhancer tweaks. I followed an awesome long guide at one of the flight sim forums and the author recommended the combined 8X AA that Nforcer supports. Anyways, I'll check out Inspector and see how it copes with 258 and flight sim... ;)

17. DarkAngelZ28

DarkAngelZ28 Member

Tried all the NV_DISP.inf in this thread and they were either for 64 bit, International version, or just plain failed during installation for unsupported hardware.

I made this one for Win 7 32 bit English version in case anyone wants to use it and is having the same problems I was having. (Just delete the .txt extension)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  18. SuperBill

SuperBill Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    Has anyone had any issues with Flash video crashing while using these drivers (or perhaps any other 25x.xx drivers)? I had multiple crashes this morning that caused the display driver has stopped responding then recovered error which I have never had in the past with any driver release. I've no doubt I'm pushing the limits of my PSU but she's been a trooper for over two years and when I reverted to the 198.01 drivers the Flash crashing went away.

19. bebkow

bebkow New Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX470 1280MB
    physx

they don't load phsyx, oh army of geniuses!!

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea they do, but sometimes it mixes nvidia folder and adds a line to end.. i would uninstall it then run ccleaner (registry) to remove missing dll's, then reinstall phsyx, and now log off and log on and check it with gpuz.

lol i had to do that to get it working one time:nerd:

@superbill

yea if you checked 1 page earlier you would see;

i changed back to 198.01 i hated this flash player issue.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010