Nvidia Quadro 334.95

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Feb 20, 2014.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Dont bother, stick with 332.59 or official 334.89 if its ok for you.

2. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Banned

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    If you throw 334.95 and 334.89 in Win merge you see the nv_dispi.inf and the nv_dispwi.inf are exactly the same except for date, version number, various device ids for what I assume are non quadro cards and this one line added to the various sections for the families of gpus that support them on that operating system.

AddReg = nv_HDAudioInstall

Unless the binary dlls are different these drivers are basically exactly the same except maybe some tweaking and tuning in data profiles. The dlls do look slightly different some of them but who knows why a few are 1kb or less. Other files like catalogs etc tend to look 1/3rd the size of 334.89 which probably means it only has settings and or drivers quadro cards only. The setup.exes are exactly the same just copy the setup.cfg from one to the other and the installer will tell you its installing the other other driver so these can also be compared to add in nv experience or anything else just copy it from 334.89 drivers.....

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    this new quadro is r334_89 branch so they're not the same

Driver 334.95 is r334_89-2, DriverVer = 02/13/2014, 9.18.13.3495
    Driver 334.89 is r334_00-150, DriverVer = 02/08/2014, 9.18.13.3489
    Driver 334.67 is r334_00-113, DriverVer = 01/15/2014, 9.18.13.3467

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    There was atime years ago when Quadros were better than the WHQL's however for me the Official drivers are better performing nowadays. Quadros have seemed buggy for me the last few drivers anyhow.

5. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Banned

GPU:
    If you read my post more closely you would see I outlined how they are different and I said the infs were exactly the same except for the device id installer lines and that line above I posted. You don't know if 2 branches dlls or cfg or inf files are different for your card maybe they made a minor change to something else.

Anyway I got these installed when I did the experience install as well which showed up when i copied the folder from 334.89 without editing the setup.cfg when I was trying to type this post last time(and loading 40 tabs) I got some memory bsod not sure if it was the install or not. The image quality seems higher but is it me or are these a little laggier?(Maybe not forgot to overclock my monitor......)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well my point is they are different, even if they look the same according to inf.

Its like saying 331.82 and 331.93 are the same. 331.82 is r331_00, while 331.93 is a new sub r331_82 branch, 332.59 is r331_00 still. Just saying :)

7. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Banned

GPU:
    No I said the infs were the same I didnt say it was the same driver. Your wrong. You didnt really read closely and there is nothing to correct about what I said and your really starting to sound like an anal dick that can't admit hes made a mistake. Everyone has to try to step on me when I make posts and its most likely because they are jealous(I can provide examples not just this forum everywhere I go and do I do anything to bring it about but type pure brilliance into a post that makes your whole forum look lazy and amateur?). I bet these drivers are largely the same if I could track down the exact dlls and learn how to open cat files I bet the drivers for my 780 are very much the same. This is a tiny incremental update and unless you can tell us what the exact difference between the drivers is the point is you don't KNOW anything and your just repeating version numbers to us that are arbitrarily chosen to indicate changes. My whole point of stating they are very similar is to illustrate how you can learn more about these drivers by identifying the differences. Why don't you look at how many of the files are almost exactly the same and what is different they are far more close to exactly the same than they are different. But no no one said "its the same driver you dont even have to consider or install it"; then id be as simple as you.....

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    Quit making an ass out of yourself. you said it right there.. Damn newbies.

9. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Banned

GPU:
    Just because people dont post in forums because of over zealous mods and endless amounts of generation y numbskulls doesnt mean I'm a noob. Oh and I'm proving that right now.... lol another one pipes up and puts foot in mouth. I qualified that statement I said unless the binary dlls are different these drivers are exactly the same because the dlls are the actual drivers the rest of it is just configuration which also results in different output. LOL too easy keep acting like your superior picking apart my statements because you are jealous put your foot in your mouth and let me show you who really has attention to detail. Next time just apologize and you can stop making an ass of yourself.

10. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    How are these playing in games? [smooth or stutter ect.] Don't care about benching numbers.

11. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060ti
    these drivers works better to me (gtx 670 amp) than 334.89 except in f1 2013... but in all other games i make 2 - 3 fps more in benchmarks and donĀ“t have any stuttering... with 334_00 branch drivers (334.67 and 334.89) i have stuttering...

12. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    oooh something new and shiny, thanks for this and the modified inf. Will try these out after running DDU.

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    These drivers are utterly superior to the 334.89 drivers! The 334.89 drivers had issues with full screen mode on my PC, but after I installed these, those issues are gone!

I think I'll use Quadro drivers exclusively from now on..

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Tried them in Assassin's Creed and Battlefield so far, both have been running great. I don't have any issues with idle states or boost frequencies. Very nice driver indeed.

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Maybe ill give these ones a try.

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    The problems are back :bang:

Something must be wrong with the 334 branch, because I've never had these issues before.

Is anyone having issues running full screen mode with these drivers?

17. ReTiCuLe

ReTiCuLe Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce Titan
    These caused BSOD's on desktop occasionally and randomly in BF4. I never had those issues before these specific drivers. Went back to the quadro 334.67

18. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    Same performance as 334.89 when testing with Unigene valley HD.
    FPS and power usage neither increased or decreased. Games such as BF4 run smoothly but again I had the same experience with .89.
    I always find that Quadro drivers increase saturation in games though and it is the same with .95 too.

19. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Turbo 24G
    There is a difference between almost the same and exactly the same. There is no need to get angry when people pick up on it.

Seriously its just video drivers, lol.

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    it's the way you use them though.
    or troll around them.