Nvidia Profile Inspector won't launch

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Salter01, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Salter01

Salter01 New Member

GPU:
    2080ti
  2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
  3. Salter01

Salter01 New Member

GPU:
    2080ti
  4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its not a problem with the software, its a problem with the installation of the driver, your programdata\nvidia corporation\drs folder is not readable, not writeable, or missing the files that should be inside.

airbud7 likes this.

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    @Orb
    Does it show technical information on the crash?

6. Salter01

Salter01 New Member

GPU:
    2080ti
    Thank you. It does not crash. It's not running at all. In other words I get a very brief spinning sand timer and that's about it. I can't find anything in task manager either.

7. Salter01

Salter01 New Member

GPU:
    2080ti
    I guess that one option is to do a clean reinstall of Nvidia drivers using DDU. The last couple of Nvidia driver updates were done directly from the Nvidia experience application. I'll double check the folders read/write permissions.

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Have you browsed event viewer or reliability monitor?

9. Salter01

Salter01 New Member

GPU:
    2080ti
    I did not use event viewer. I never used it before. Anything in particular I should be looking for? Thank you.

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Right click on Start menu button (in task bar), select "Event Viewer" in popped up context menu. In Event Viewer expand tree node "Windows Logs" and select its child node "Application". On right pane you will see events of that "Application" log. To not search for events related to profile inspector, clear the log (right click on the "Application" node, select "Clear Log..." in context menu, click button "Clear" in pop-up dialog). Now with clean "Application" log launch profile inspector, witness the default faulty behaviour, return to Event Viewer window, press "F5" to refresh the list of events and see whether there are error events related to profile inspector.
    [​IMG]

For reliability monitor execute command "perfmon /rel". You will see window like that
    [​IMG]
    If you will see red icons with errors linked to profile inspector (click in icon to see the details), click "Save reliability history..." link in lower left corner, save it into xml-file, upload the file somewhere and post the link here.