Nvidia Profile Inspector (texture filtering quality substitution)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by maou42, Jan 20, 2020.

1. maou42

maou42 New Member

GPU:
    gtx 860m
    Hi

It is my understanding that this settings is the old AF HQ.

For BF1 and Bf5, should the setting be "High quality becomes quality" and the texture filtering set to "quality" or should the quality substitution setting be set to "0x00000001 (battlefield 5, battlefield 1 etc)?

I think BF5 and BF1 default the texture filtering to "quality" when the executable launch.

In short, what are the settings for best AF and texture quality in those 2 titles?

Thanks

2. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Active Member

GPU:
    Palit 1070Ti JS
    These are actually one of the oldest control panel options probably and perf impact is very low for high end cards. So as high as possible but lower it little if you get swimming pixels in the distance? Thats what i usually do with most games, unless theres some bugs or something...

3. maou42

maou42 New Member

GPU:
    gtx 860m
    Thanks for your reply but my question is specifically about Bf5. The exe is hardcoded to default to quality settins and ignore high quality and I think the ttexture quality substitution settings might help.

4. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I think this was simply a fix put in the driver for those specific games so it substitutes the right level.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    prevents an issue where AF causes blur,

the bf5 profile reset only affects the bf5 profile, not global settings - where you can apply High quality and it would be applied to game without the substitution.