NVIDIA Profile Inspector 2.3.0.13

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Ital, Mar 16, 2019.

1. tc0566

tc0566 Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 GAMIN
    regedit ansel.png
    The registry keys are not there. Ansel does not exist there.

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    It didn't do anything with the "off" switch included?

What does it print when you include the "?" switch instead?
    Should give you something like this:
    Btw. You do start a command prompt as administrator for it?

Might be that NvCleanInstall did put it there.
    You can try creating a file with notepad named disableFreestyle.reg and copy/paste the code below into it, save it and merge it into the registry.
    Or create the Key and Strings manually.
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel]
    "IPCenabled"="0"
    "FreestyleEnabled"="False"
    upload_2021-11-9_0-8-46.png

I don't have any Ansel popup when firing up my games anymore, so either one does the trick.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  3. tc0566

tc0566 Member

GPU:
    Have you ever installed GFE? I believe Ansel gets installed with it. I have always used Standard drivers without GFE. Plus always used Nvslimmer to get rid of all the unnecessary bs. So never had NvCamera till now. These DCH drivers include the NvCamera needed for Ansel but not Ansel itself. It creates a useless overlay in game that can't even activate Ansel because without GFE there is no Ansel.

4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Didn't use DDU, so might have been there.
    Tested out NvCleanInstall (to activate MSI and disable HDCP) instead of stripping the driver manually this time, I usually delete what I don't need and edit the installer config myself.

What ever though, I do not have that popup.

I wonder... if their are more benefits when the NvCamera folder is completely deleted after installation.

EDIT: Did Google a bit and found that in the 496.13 driver thread it was mentioned as a solution to delete that folder after installation. :)

tc0566 likes this.

5. tc0566

tc0566 Member

GPU:
    Looked through all the last 3 driver at Nvidia and missed that lol But it for sure solved my problems. Including another issue of Cold War frame drops after tabbing out and starting a new match. Thanks for the help!

6. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Not sure if it's already been asked, but I was just wondering why the stats GUI has been dropped?

[​IMG]

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    That's a separate app now AFIK.

8. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    That's Nvidia Inspector. Nvidia Profile Inspector was once part of Nvidia Inspector but is now a standalone program that's developed separately. You can integrate it with Nvidia Inspector still so you can click the button to open Nvidia Profile Inspector like in the old one-application Nvidia Inspector days. Download the latest versions of both Nvidia Inspector and Nvidia Profile Inspector, install them into the same directory and you should be good to go by starting Nvidia Inspector.

Phragmeister and Mineria like this.
  9. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Trying to enable Ultra Low Latency Mode to test with AC: Oddysey but it keeps throwing up an error.

Unhandled exception... DRS_SetSetting failed: NVAPI_SETTING_NOT_FOUND

I'm using 460.89 drivers.

Edit: Downloaded the latest version of Profile Inspector and now I can't find the setting

10. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yeah that setting was broken or something. So developer had to remove it. You'll have to set ULL in NVCP instead globally or otherwise.

milamber likes this.

11. KirkH420

KirkH420 New Member

GPU:
    RTX2060 Max-q 6GB
    Hello, thank you for such a great tool!
    I'm currently working on trimming my OEM Nvidia driver prior to installation and one process has me curious. I'm trying to find information pertaining to what NvProfileUpdater64.exe actually does. I've only managed to find somebody's post on the Nvidia Forum, saying that it connects to Nvidia's servers and downloads game profiles. Is this information correct? Thanks in advance.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yes, for pushing profile fixes to correct game issues without needing a full driver update.

Was previously utilised for Doom Eternal to resolve device loss crashes due to a client access violation issue.

13. Thunderbolt8

Thunderbolt8 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 760M
    Im currently using 2.3.0.12 with a legion 5 and GTX 1650 Ti. Is updating to latest 2.3.0.13 recommended for me? I mostly use it to enable optimus & the decicated GPU for MPC-HC.

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 3060TI
    You can read the change log to estimate whether you need newer version. As I recall NVIDIA changed some API behaviour, but I do not remember which version of Inspector mitigates that change.
    But overall if you run Inspector and it does its job for you then you are not obliged to update.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Stupid question seeing I Been using inspector to export and import my profiles I made or edited back before I update drivers and then export the backup after each update.

Should I be use "include predefined setting" when exporting my profiles? or no? all this I have been using and always been curious.

My profiles exports and then update serve 2 purpose, So i dont have modify profiles i made for individual games again, if i actual modified to individual game, and show i dont track down all the rogue process I found over the years that hit on gpu even when idle that kept the system from idle clock, cause I use max performance in global

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you don't have to.

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    I'm guessing nVidia Inspector has been abandoned at this point?

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    let change the question would the predifined setting screw newer drivers if I did? again i dont use it but i curious as to purpose

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it would restore any value thats removed or changed in the new driver.

20. joaomarcosribeiro

joaomarcosribeiro New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 660
    Well last build of the Nv Profile inspector was 1 year and 2 days ago? that is a long time.