NVIDIA produced over 100,000 RTX 4090 units thus far

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 4, 2022.

1. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    True, even AMD spokesman in the aftershow talkshow-video admits that, mark 27:00: "...I don´t have the time anymore..." and then from mark 28:00: "Lets be honest....".
    Manufactures heavily concentrate on "plug and play" hardcore gaming market. High end cards, respectively all cards suffer from this trend, really sad.
    GALAX 4090 HOF is best example: a stupid 1275W card, everything already tweaked for you, "plug and play record breaking", ready to go for people with LN2 tank and a nuclear pp in basement...so boring....But I can understand, why refuse quick money, when most of pple like it?

2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    And there's me just having bought a second-hand GTX1080 for £210 (the Vega 56 I had before was iffy) to replace my aging Fury...

sfdmark, Maddness and brogadget like this.
  3. TimmyP

TimmyP Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Id just like to know how this isn't a terrible sign for the hobby itself. They targeted us because we have jobs and grew with this hobby and "can" afford 1000 dollar GPUs. Imo these prices say nothing but PC platform is on the way out.

4. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Ive seen a Pallit card on Amazon via a re-seller for i think £2200

5. Ojref

Ojref Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 7900 XTX
    I'm willing to believe the production order is sized to 100K wafers fabbed, not 4090 FE units produced.

6. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Probably depending on country, average $3300 in my country for these and quite a few listed as sold out, even variants hitting higher than $3700+ that Nvidia mindshare tax is just shocking on release...

7. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    personal opinion : it's a PR lie to hide the truth which is that they stopped making them, they aren't scalped, to go all-out on their entreprise cards they will be forbidden to sell to China in 2023 because of NA sanctions cards sold 36'000$

I ordered a 4090 that wasn't received by the retail shop ?! crossing fingers but I smell a refund and a "never" availability now that the real reason for availability was leaked
    upside I might have dodged a bullet with the 600w connector fiasco

quoting an article from a website I don't know seekingalpha so not putting a link

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    Solfaur likes this.
  8. haste

haste Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I miss those times of Voodoo and GeForce 256 when nobody cared about GPUs apart from gamers. Now it's all about demand of chips and politics. So sad.

sfdmark, Solfaur and Krizby like this.
  9. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I think you're drunk dude.

sfdmark likes this.
  10. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

Been hearing this for 30 years... ;).

pegasus1 likes this.

11. Tom Sunday

Tom Sunday Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Shallow Pockets: Microcenter is now giving away a free (last gen) ASUS Z690 Motherboard with the purchase of a Intel 12th Gen CPU or a free Gigabyte B450M Board with a AMD Ryzen purchase. In the last deal, we saw Microcenter giving away a free DDR5 memory kit and up to $150 worth of savings on a AMD's Ryzen 7000. In my view the "Elephant In The Room" remains that there is no consumer money left for luxury goods and the man on the street has barely enough left over after rent, food and gasoline. So who is buying these cards? Perhaps those who live in Mom's basement with everything being free, apple pie served every week and the upstairs fridge stocked with Mountain Dew.

12. Tom Sunday

Tom Sunday Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    With the overall PC business and corporate earnings having been disappointing to say the least, I was wondering if both AMD and Intel are now selling their CPU's to the retail outlets at a much more aggressive wholesale pricing and this affording Microcenter in offering a free package deal motherboard? Essentially both Intel and AMD paying for the giveaway MB promotion. All in the name of trying to move merchandise. Just perhaps the GPU OEM's may find themselves in the same boat some time soon and with better prices and packages ahead? Because things will not get much better anytine soon. Food for thought!

13. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I dont drink bud, well not for the last 4 weeks and not for the next 8 weeks.

14. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Yip, when the UN said we had six months to save the earth, people also said "£300 for a GPU, PC gaming is dead" :D:D:D:D

GoldenTiger likes this.
  15. sfdmark

sfdmark Active Member

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080ti OC
    Well is not my concern to stop people doing anything they want. Is not my problem how they spent their money. My concern is that there are some irrational thinking and voices who believe that the insane prices of 4000 series cards from nvidia are normal or justified!!??!! No serious hardware site that I am aware of characterized these prices justified.
    This practice from Ngreedia make AMD 7000 series xfx look cheap which costs 1K msrp. The irony!!!! Don' t you agree? Saying that 1K graphics card is cheap.That' the achievement of Mr Leatherman .

barbacot likes this.

16. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    what are you smoking ?
    https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-con...3-may-be-supported-by-pre-rdna3-architectures

and 7900xt isn't even a full die, it's a successor to 6800xt (slightly cut big die) with extra $250 on top of last gen price. still "cheap" for amd fanboys as long as it's amd.new gen card with next gen features that are coming sometime next year. 6900xt sells for 750eur now, I bet 7900xt at 900eur won't beat it for perf/price. that really is amazing value indeed.

what do you expect if amd's mcm doesn't even compete with a heavily cut ad102, with 2048 cuda cores missing. it's nvidia, if they've no competition, they'll raise prices through the roof. you think if mcm worked out and delivered more than 1.5x, amd wouldn't do the same ? the reason 7900xtx is 1000 is because it can't be more with its performance and features.

no one actually thinks rtx40 prices are normal, what is funny is people like you thanking amd for $1000 cards and always whining about nvidia as the reason.
    you'll all be boycotting +$1000 cards from nvidia, but will happily buy one from amd. the irony.
    a normal, thinking customer would say screw them both.

17. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Well for reasons unknown to us, AMD did MCM but with single GPU die? instead of two minimum. A single GPU die MCM was never going compete with gigantic GPU die. Who knows maybe they have two die GPU in the works? that is basically 2x 7900xtx an maybe will call it 7990xtx. MCM allows them to modular approach to GPU design, so stuff can be added an taken away depending on what end goal is, only real limits will be thermals/power.

Maddness likes this.
  18. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    why ? ad103 is way smaller than n31.
    n31 is 41% bigger overall. it's even better size ratio as 6900xt vs 3070 (31% bigger), and 6900xt absolutely wrecks the 3070, 40% faster in raster on avg. and smiliar in rt.
    if 4080 can be in the ballpark in raster and win in rt it's quite impressive.the margins must be absolutely stunning with its ridiculous price.
    people will buy rtx30 instead, and that's exactly what nvidia want atm.
    I'm waiting for 4080 16g to be 750eur, that would be a decent price.

GoldenTiger likes this.
  19. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Think your confusing actual GPU die sizes, N31 actual die only is 300mm rest is memory cache dies, AD103 comes in at 379mm die size, hence why I said MCM single die only can't really compete against 4090 with die size of 608mm it's 200% bigger than N31. AMD would need launch 7990XTX with two N31 dies to match die size to die size GPU only, it's in the realms of possibilities. Guess recession put brakes on chasing performance crown this gen? hard say.

20. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    yeah but the ad103/102 dies have cache too, just on the same die. and quite a lot of it actually.