NVIDIA PR questioned over Temp increase

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Envoy, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Does anybody have a prob with these Official 71.84 and Coolbits 2.0 ?.

Because with the Beta's i could OC my 2d clock too 401, and Coolbits would save the setting. So when i reboot the 2d clock is still @ 401....but is doesn't do that anymore ? :(.

Workaround ?....I dont wanna use Rivatuner, hate it :p.

2. mjc

mjc Member

GPU:
    Many both ATI and Nvidia
    You talking to me????????

I was saying it because others saying it because they were just beta's and not to complain. This is not the case because they are not betas.
    So hush

3. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

these are betas you little gimp

they were a rush job whql to coincide with the 6200 release as the 6200 come with the 71.25's which have have many bugs with the 6200's

the whql stamp means nothing

neither does them being on the download page

these are actually reported to have more bugs then the beta beta 71.84's

i suggest you learn your place on a forum

4. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 OC
    pwned

anyways I suggest 67.66s / 75.90s...

temp thing is anoyying (just to maintain the topic XP)
    a quick OC to 405 in 2d... fixed

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005

5. mjc

mjc Member

GPU:
    Many both ATI and Nvidia
    I may be a newbie here but not in others. Long time MOD in other forums.
    Just keep to subject please and stop the childish remarks thats just stupid.

Don't care where I stand in your area come to mine and I would never do that.

6. Metalschmitz

Metalschmitz Banned

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB XXX
    Well we learn things already known here:

1. It is always OK to ask questions
    2. There are always few who add valueble info
    3. Stupid arguements become normal in GURU threads
    4. GURU is working with strange censorship (MVK... etc.)
    5. The Temp-bug is an issue
    6. We know how to "fix" it manually
    7. NVIDIA knows about the issue
    8. We HAVE TO WAIT for a fix.

So lets wait guys and don't fill another page with philosphical views on todays drivers. This thread started so good and ended like a chatroom. It took me about an hour to get to the end just to find out that I read almost all of that to get almost NO new information than in other (older) threads concerning the 7x.xx driver series. Except for no.7 nothing new to me here.... sorry for nick who started this all.....

7. Kanerix

Kanerix Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB
    It seems to me that some people are getting a real increase, while others are actually only getting a reporting increase. Is this not possible? I, myself, think that I am only getting a reporting increase, as the video card temps do not affect my CPU and Northbridge temps as they would if there were a real temperature increase. Now, don't get me wrong: I'm not saying that some people aren't real temperature increases, because I know they are. What I'm saying is that perhaps others are just getting false readings which is why the 71.84 release notes are worded in that way. :) I have a couple images of my temps with first the 67.03 drivers, and then with the 75.90 drivers so that you can see that it's not affecting my other components.

As for my video card stats:
    Card: BFG GeForce 6800GT OC
    Core/Memory clocks: 370/1000
    Video BIOS version: 5.40.02.15.05
    Memory: 256MB GDDR3
    67.03 Drivers:
    [​IMG]
    75.90 Drivers:
    [​IMG]

8. Envoy

Envoy Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1070 GTX FTW
    Haven't heard anything back from nvidia for a while now but at least we know it is recognised and being worked on.

i wont post again in this thread unless i hear from them otherwise..

9. macatak

macatak Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    ok, thx

10. lol.....23552 people checked this thread :D

i'm the 23552 ;)

11. Kanerix

Kanerix Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB
    Am I missing the joke? Why is that funny? Or relevant, for that matter?

12. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

its not

so nick you have any responses

13. Envoy

Envoy Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1070 GTX FTW
    Nope..

Kinda given up on this one as it is acknowledged now in release notes. Expect it will be fixed in next driver release...

14. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

the release notes are incorrect though,

it might only be a false reading for some but we all know its not for others

15. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    Hey {HLH}, are you ever gonna test those 3DMarks with your 6800? ;)

16. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

i'll do them later

17. Toxic Worrier

Toxic Worrier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275
    I hate the thought of these high temps, but man these new 71.84's are smokin..I mean they are hot,,, well, you know what I mean, I'm not talkin about temps. LoL..They work great and since I raised the 2d to 400 my temps are sittin at their normal spot 49c. I really thought nothing was gonna touch the 71.20 but these blowem away .... As for Nick, Thanks for tryin to take on the nvidia brass...:D You made a good effort, and who knows man, it may be part of the reason they mentioned temps in the release notes. so, thanks again.

18. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

be careful though Toxic

i've had some trouble with the 71.8x's...

lockups started happening when i tried the 71.81's then continued into the 71.84's, 75.90s fixed em, dunno about 76.10s''' not worth going to yet

other people also have trouble with the 71.84's

19. Envoy

Envoy Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1070 GTX FTW
    Cheers. It would be nice to think that i helped elevate the issue.

Someone else PM'd me re an issue on Nforce 250 chipsets and asked if i could forward this issue on to. I did and requested if there is an official email address to send NVIDIA bugs to.

..................................................................................................
    Brian,

Is there an official email address we should use for reporting bugs? I'd hate to keep emailing you if you are not the right person if you know what I mean.

Kind regards,

Nick

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 18 March 2005 17:33
    To: 'Brian Burke'
    Subject: Issue with nforce 250 chipsets and 6800 cards

Brian,

Thanks for your acknowledgment re the temp bug issue in the latest release notes for 71.84. We still look forward to some news from NVIDIA wrt a new driver release that corrects this issue. Hopefully it won't be too long now.

I have been asked to contact you re another matter. It doesn't affect me but does affect some of my fellow GURU3D forum members who consider it a bug. Please therefore could you forward this note to your software/hardware engineers for their info.

MANY users with 6800 series cards have random freezing when playing games on a motherboard with an Nforce3 250 chipset. The freezes last for 5-10 seconds, and then games come back like nothing happened. This only happens on DirectX games, not OpenGL. The problems disappears though when Fastwritres are turned off.

It doesn't happen on Nforce2, Intel, VIA, or Nforce3 150 boards, just Nforce3 250 boards.

Kind regards,

Nick Halliday

20. Envoy

Envoy Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1070 GTX FTW
    Hmmm interestingly useful reply from Brian (see email thread below)... Looks like i could become the official GURU3D nvidia bug reporter...

............................................................................................................................

Brian,

Thanks. I'll keep them brief succinct and valid. I won't flood you with bugs either as I know you are probably very busy. Just the important ones that affect the majority.

Any word yet on a date for a new driver release which fixes the temp bug?

Also it would be really great to know what caused it as their must be 100 different theories as to whether or not the temp rise is genuine or just reported incorrectly.

Cheers and have a good weekend,

Nick

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 18 March 2005 17:41
    To: Nick Halliday
    Subject: RE: Issue with nforce 250 chipsets and 6800 cards

Just send them to me...

Brian Burke
    NVIDIA Corp.
    12331 Riata Trace Parkway, Suite 300
    Austin, TX 78727
    ------------------------------

=======================================================
    This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.