Nvidia plans to lock Game Ready drivers behind GeForce Experience registration

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Whahahaha hear the poeple balting like sheep, i like this zo much :p

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I don't think its that big of a deal although it would have been better to have the driver updater incorporated in NVCPL instead of GFE. It's not nice to force people into using something they don't like. Luckily this Optimization function can be completely disabled since its the only feature I really dislike (though good for computer novices).

I think it's more important that nVidia stops releasing crap drivers that reintroduce old bugs and even creates new ones. They should fix things not the other way around. This along with 100% correct SLI profiles for the poor guys that use it.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Meh, there'll be workarounds for getting them without that bloatware

4. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Am I the only one who wants unlinked and small driver downloads?

Different link for PhysX, GFE, Driver, HD Audio, 3D Vision, and offer it clubbed as a package for casual trash?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015

5. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Why would you want a forced serial liar to join the team you want to jump to?

Maybe this is a good move, so the Nvidia forums won't have as many little bitches whining that they can't get the drivers to work right since they barely know how to operate their own computer and create problems for themselves. :wanker:

EDIT: Also to anyone complaining about data mining, I hope you're not using any combination of Windows 8-10, iPhone/Android/Windows Phone, Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer, your data is being mined, better boycott all those things too!!!1!!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  6. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    are they high ? seriously what a crazy decision and way to annoy your "power" users and fans, of course I'll wait until the random forum member releases drivers without bloatware, it will happen, if not I will switch to AMD without a doubt.

7. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070 OC
    No problems. If nVidia does this, there's always someone who will be kind enough to "leak" only the drivers for people who actually understand how to use a computer.

8. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    With the deeper integration of the drivers and GFE along with the reduction of the NVCP over time, I wouldn't be surprised if using the leaked driver install only with no other component will cause even more headaches.

It's unfortunate for the people that simply don't like the idea, but it's a non-issue at the end of the day to have 50MB of RAM taken up by sub-processes that will either be helpful to you, or do nothing in the background. Did you also complain when Windows 7 nearly tripled it's necessary processes over XP?

9. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    This is not about the extra processing power or RAM usage taken up by these additional NVIDIA driver features, but more about the loss of freedom and customization for enthusiast PC users :(
    Personally I always only install the PhysX software and graphics driver, and really don't like the idea of NVIDIA trying to force GFE down our throats.

10. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3080 Master
    I already paid for my graphics card, Nvidia. I'm not quite ready to give you a literal stool sample in order to get drivers for it.

Retardation when close to market monopoly. Never fails.

11. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    You are comparing giving a literal stool sample to the same thing you are doing when using any MS/Apple/Google product? 3 year olds throw more competent and meaningful fits than some of you here. :D

12. wheeljack12

wheeljack12 Guest

we have windows for idiots called windows 10. Now we have nvidia geforce video cards for idiots thanks to gfe.

13. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    In a years time there will be an influx of tinfoil hat wearing Windows 7 worshiping AMD card humping billy goats. What a time to be alive.

14. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Microsoft: Hey, let's lock DX12 to Windows 10 to force people to upgrade

NVIDIA: [​IMG]

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    "Power" users are a small minority of the total Nvidia users. Nvidia's own survey shows that the vast majority of users upgrade their drivers using GFE already so it only makes sense.
    Plus this will also help the complete computer noobs who never upgrade their drivers at all. I've worked on friends computers that had video card drivers that were two years old still installed.

16. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    IMO, anyone still running 2 year old drivers, without knowing, don't need new drivers

Yea it might help some, but the people this is targeting, don't need their drivers updated, if they don't know how to install them manually, or even know there are new drivers available, they don't need them

This will only negatively affect us

It's obvious why they're doing it, and it's not to help people, it's to get people to install their crap that they know next to no-one uses, if it was purely to help people, they would also release the drivers as they have always done

17. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    This is hilarious and true.

18. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I wish they'd stop bundling GFE with each driver. One reason why I now use modded quadro drivers.

19. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It's easy enough to uncheck during the install, but yea, things like that should be optional standalone, not bundled

20. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    People will just upload their GFE drivers for others. Unless they really go out of their way to prevent that from happening, I don't see this as a big deal, just a minor annoyance.