nVidia PhysX 9.09.0408 released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Ade 1, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Just noticed these - http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_9.04.08_whql.html

* Updated runtime to improved operation of Cryostasis Game.
    * Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory.
    * Experience GPU PhysX acceleration in many games and demos, some of which are highlighted in PowerPack downloads on www.geforce.com.
    * Runtime upgrade ONLY for AGEIA PhysX processors users. (New installations should install older PhysX system software such as version 8.09.04 – prior to installing this update).
    * Includes the latest PhysX runtimes used in the latest game titles.
    * Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on GeForce via CUDA 2.0 for SDK versions 2.7.3, 2.7.2, 2.7.5, 2.8.0 and 2.8.1 (requires graphics driver v177.81 or later).
    * Includes all the latest PhysX SDK Runtimes.
    * Supports control of your GPU PhysX configuration from the NVIDIA display driver control panel. (requires graphics driver v180.00 or later)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Strange - downloaded but even though the file name's changed it seems it's still the 9.09.0203 version!

Perhaps try later!

3. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB Gaming OC 3080
    Thx m8 :D

Happy easter !

4. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Happy Easter to you too!

Hopefully nVidia will fix their servers soon and put the correct version on!

5. gpvecchi

gpvecchi Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme
    File is different, I tried with a file compare program...

6. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    It still says 909.02.03 in the control panel.
    It's the same file :3eyes:

7. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Yep, something is fishy. :3eyes:

[​IMG]

8. Windfury

Windfury Member

GPU:
    eVGA 760GTX - SLI
    Thats weird that they would release a new version that is the same as the old version.

9. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    ok so the old version is the same as the new version which is really the old version but works the same as the new version but is the old version instead?

10. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Suspect it's one of those nVidia "right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing" scenarios! Guess they've just accidentally renamed the old file with a new name instead of uploading the actual new file. Suppose they'll notice their error after they filled their faces with Easter eggs!

11. methylbenzoate

methylbenzoate Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 550 Ti
    This PhysX release is the real thing. It is just a small, incremental update that is labeled incorrectly.

Cryostasis performs much better on my system, having uninstalled the Previous PhysX software, then installing this one.

Give it a try with Cryostasis, and you will see a difference.

12. TheSarge

TheSarge Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    I would, but the game doesn't launch in North America until April 20th. :wanker:

13. methylbenzoate

methylbenzoate Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 550 Ti
    You can buy the English UK version from 1C directly:

https://buy.metaboli.com/vnt/choixpaiement.html?partenaire=76&id_titre=1118

I got mine from Gamersgate.com, before they realized that Cryostasis shouldn't be out in the US until April 20th. I've had mine since the beginning of March.

Regardless, the game needs a beast of a system and/or optimized with drivers/patches.

But once again, Cryostasis runs a lot smoother with this new PhysX release.

...plus I have a dedicated GTX 260 for PhysX...

14. gpvecchi

gpvecchi Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme
    Well, if file checksum is different, so file is not the same as the old version. It can be a new version with old number by an error, or a new release of the old driver. Definetly it is NOT the old file.

15. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Its not that the game needs a super beast of a system, the game is just not that "Great". Its just very poorly coded/optimized. Im sure with some patch/driver update the game should run alot better. And just to confirm, it runs alot better on my nvidia system vs my ati system even with 3 ati gpus´s vs 1 nvidia gpu. Shows how they have really coded the game souly for ppl with physx as the game is totally unplayable on my ati x3 system... :) The game runs even worse than crysis on that system, even when crysis looks 10times better. That just confirms my theory of bad coding or bad hardware compatibility. This is exactly why PhysX needs to die out, and in with OpenCL physics... Its not fair for either ATI or Nvidia users when the other gets better experiance... OpenCL FTW.

[End of Rant]

16. TheSarge

TheSarge Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Fine, but ATI and nVidia are both in a proprietary Physics war now, both trying to dominate the gaming market with their own platform, and they've both invested tons of money into this. They're not just gonna suddenly stop and exchange hugs. You can dream of a better tomorow, but the cold heartless bastards who run the show do not. Sad fact of life in the 21st century.

Now look sad and say "1001011001011"
    :bed:

17. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    actually, havok will run on nvidia GPU as well as any other gpu with opencl implementation in its driver.

18. H-Ackermans

H-Ackermans Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX550Ti
    After installing the driver, it says unavailable in the CPP under Win7 Build 7077 64 bits. It's a bit strange.

19. guitaro

guitaro Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800 GTX
    Well, whatever it WAS, it's no longer available.

It says "page not found". If you try the download link from Guru3d's download section, it just says "file not found."

I suspect that there was something wrong with it and so they took it off to fix it.

20. blaugznis

blaugznis Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB