Nvidia PhysX 8.07.18

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ThEcLiT, Aug 5, 2008.

1. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    oh no, you cpu is being used 100% for a game?

Whys that Bad?

2. profiil

profiil New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS 320Mb
    It might be caused because of the new PhysX but not sure. The problem is that when i rise any videocard clock by 1 mhz or load default settings, i get black screen. Have already cleaned old drivers and reinstalled new ones around 5 times.
    Any solutions?

3. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega

You're running 3-way sli and you have a dual core, what do you expect?

4. Infanticide

Infanticide Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB
    PhysX newbie question here: should i uninstall old physx and run driver sweeper prior to installing new one or can i just update my current installation (v. 8.06.12) by simply running 8.07.18 installer?

5. NightCrawler™

NightCrawler™ Member Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA GTX460 1 8800GTSSC
    Same here with the older PhysX drivers... haven't tried the current one though...

6. Luka_Aveiro

Luka_Aveiro Member

GPU:
    GTX850M
    you just have to install it, no need to uninstall the older one ;)

7. GizmoSLI

GizmoSLI Member

GPU:
    2x XFX 7950 H2O@1075/1500

Do you really think that Quad core will make difference? even though I OC'd my e6850 to 3.825??

Thanks

8. Infanticide

Infanticide Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB
    heh, thanks

9. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    If you are getting 50-60% usage now (which apperently surprises you) it would reduce with a quad as it has '4 cores' specially as all the applications you mentioned use all the cores and this is even more imporatant as you have 3-way sli which is very heavy on any cpu, pretty obvious I would have thought.

10. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Yes !. Thnx Storm for his link !.... Finally got CellFactor Rev. to run again.
    Gamershell and Filefront are both corrupt... To bad tho. Now waiting for Agia to update it for PhysX and im ready to go.. ( Can play it and it runs great but with some small hickups here and there ).

In spite of people calling Cellfactor a crappy game and lack of gameplay.... i call them foolish, ITS FREE for the love of GOD!. I really enjoy the game and the way you can control the physX is just awesome....
    I dig the control's and style of the game, the graphics are not topnotch but the HDR and the graphics effects make up for it..
    PhysX-Jump and charging up your PSI to release it all at ones is just badass !.

Played the game over lan with a few friends of mine and we had a blast !

Hope to see a huge improvement in FPS and PhysX when its updated ....

( Still running 175.16 and no PhysX pack, Cellfactor played @: 1680x1050, HDR, No AA, All 100% )
    Avg: FPS 35, Low: 13.5, High: 45.

11. Blazing_Javelin

Blazing_Javelin New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8600 GTS XXX 256MB
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  12. bradleyg5

bradleyg5 New Member

GPU:
    9800GTX sli
    is there anywhere online where you can get the PhysX pack early? Ghost recon and warmonger seem to be working with the driver update but I want to try some of those tech demos.

13. bradleyg5

bradleyg5 New Member

GPU:
    9800GTX sli
    I think you might be cpu limited, PhysX isn't 100% gpu based it still requires the cpu to do some of the work so I think what is happening is the cpu can't keep up so it doesn't matter how fast the graphics card is.

This is what I'm assuming since I'm running 9800GTX sli and still getting some slow downs in Graw 2 when things go boom in agenia land. Not seeing to much of a drop in fps during normal levels though.

14. Thuggles

Thuggles New Member

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Spoke too soon, Mass Effect still crashes after a few minutes but it does load now. Maybe the new drivers will fix it.

15. nst6563

nst6563 New Member

GPU:
    GTX260/8800GTS640
    I think GRAW2 on the Ageia map is extremely stressful for just about any system. It has some decent slowdowns on mine and although it's not the fastest, it's pretty fast just no SLI. I've even tried using the OC'd GTX260 for graphics and dedicating my old 8800GTS640 to physx. Things were a little better...but still got somewhat choppy at times.

16. Agent Ironside

Agent Ironside Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 512mb
    Just a update if anybody has this problem. Found the solution, you have to install it in quiet mode.

copy the .exe to your C drive or w/e, open cmd and type cd.. til you get down to just C:\>

Then type Nvidia_PhysX_8_07_18_driver.exe /quiet

It will look like this. C:\>Nvidia_PhysX_8_07_18_driver.exe /quiet

...hit enter and it will do its thing.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  17. Optikn3rv

Optikn3rv Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidea GTX 670
    blah just installed 177.79 beta and latest nvidia physx yet when i try to start Legend hand of god It drops to desktop and pops up saying no physx software found ;(

using a xfx 8800GT ;(

18. michael06096

michael06096 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  19. valgusk

valgusk New Member

GPU:
    geforce 8600gt 256
    Blazing_Javelin
    don`t you think it`s stupid to measure physx perfomance on videocards with fps count? come on, 8600 looses greatly just because they`re measuring fps on same visual settings - probably max. I think it`s more of graphics perfomance measurement, not physx. I have a 8600gt and i use medium settings in unreal and i have much more fps then they give us.

20. subfire91

subfire91 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Powercolor 4870 1GB
    how do i fully uninstall physx driver except running uninstall wizard. do i have to run driver cleaner too??? there is no option in driver cleaner to choose foir nvidia physx