Nvidia pascal, is it gonna be 10x more performance like they say?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ramthegamer, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    do you think with the upcoming nvidia pascal gpus, we will have 10x more performance in games, and how will the mid range cards fair compared to todays mid range ones, is 4k gaming at 60 fps ever close aswell?

2. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The 10x performance was part of the deep learning slide, so in deep learning it'll have 10x the performance. Games won't see that performance difference.

[​IMG]

Also posted in the wrong section ;)

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    No. Pascal will be 10x more powerful in certain tasks, but not games. It will probably be just an incremental increase in performance just like every other generation has been. Expect the 1060ti or whatever they call it to be about as much of an increase in performance as the 960ti was to the 760ti.

I'd love to be wrong on this but it doesn't make good business sense to release a card that is that much faster than the competition. Plus game devs are retarded and wouldn't be able to make use of all that power anyway.

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    meaning is it better to wait and buy pascal gpus? or it's isnt gonna be affordable to buy at launch, my concern is, will a mid range pascal card be really powerful for more than 1080p gaming?

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    mostly 2x compared to TitanX\980ti on a X99 mobo system

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I doubt even that much. 2x the performance is still a pretty big leap.

7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    HBM2 can give them the performance gap compared to GDDR5 cards , they are trying to push VR gaming as much as possible so a performance leap is required for that to happen

8. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    There is no 760Ti or 960Ti. The performance upgrade from 760 to 960 is minimal at best.

HBM2 isn't magic. A GPU that isn't starved for memory bandwidth will not see any huge gains from additional memory bandwidth offered by whatever technology. HBM is the natural step in the evolution of memory technology such that more powerful GPUs still have the bandwidth they need to be utilized properly.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The only thing that gets x10 the perf over previous version is toilet duck.

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    So true.

It will be ~30-40% faster and no doubt headlined by some iteration of 'Titan' for the early adopters.

Expect the usual mountain of FUD/Clickbait from places like WCCFtech right up until launch day (as per usual).

11. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    GP200 being 2x the performance of GM200 doesn't sound too far fetched, we're going from 28nm to 16FinFet with a new architecture.

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    50% would be on the low side for me, I would expect anywhere from 80 to 100% faster, especially at UHD resolutions..

The shader array will be much more efficient, and have higher performance than current GPUs. I can't wait for Pascal to come out so that I can ditch SLI for good..

Hopefully a single high end Pascal GPU will be handle maxed out games on a 4K monitor with ease, unlike Maxwell..

13. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    If it's only 2x Performance Per Watt vs Maxwell, how is it going to reach 10 X performance?

Nvidia's CEO was just saying this (based on “very rough estimates”) so that it would be repeated verbatim - this form of sensationalism is obviously working.

14. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    It is much better marketing then Overclockers dream, 8 core fast as core i3 and world fastest turd (Fury X). Why you are acting like typical AMD fanboy. Dont you have AMD troll section in Roy Taylor and AMD_matt twitter. Go troll their then maybe they will make you a AMD rep.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  15. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    You are troll and your whole life is a troll.

Grow up and stop acting like a 12 years old.

16. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    Seriously i do not know you but ,however, one thing is confirm that you are disable or you have a brain damage.

17. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    You are your self a insult. Stop being a mentally retarded human and act like normal person.

18. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    The question is Why The Heck you put this thread here???

And who The Heck know about nvidia pascal when there is no aditional info on the market???

And if you wanna more info about unrealeased gpu chip: google it.Easy as ... ;)

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    There is an "Ignore" setting you can add people to ;)

20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    He's taken care of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.