NVIDIA overclocking,tweaking and cooling....All info you need.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by funkymonkey, Jan 5, 2004.

1. R0B

R0B New Member

GPU:
    Asus8800GTX 652/1584/2012
    Hi Guys! I'm new at this Boat..Nice and hard work for here.
    I need some advices about how to increase Vcore of my Asus 7800 GTX using nvidia bios modifier. I've edited the stock bios and flash it with a new one with more Mhzs, but before, i've set on my card a new system cooler that gives me these temps (Vcore-> 590 Memclock _1350):

Idle 42 º
    Fully Load 52/55 º

I need a bit of power but I don't know wich of the 3 voltages i must change in the diferents windows and with wich values to don't increase too much the Volts an protect my VGA:

Default on my card:
    Voltage table: 1.20 (VID 0) 130 (VID 1) 1.40 (VID 2)
    Performance table: 1.20(PL 0) 1.40(PL 1) 1.40(PL 2)

Hey Gurus, plese say to me wwhat would you change to increase power to my VGA without run big risks.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my por english.

Best regards...Rob

2. FireStorm2

FireStorm2 Member

GPU:
    ATi X800GTO AGP
    FFS can someone PLZ answer???

I have 2 weeks waiting someone to answer my post!!!
    OMG gurus PLZ help me...
    OMG....ffs...

3. Denko

Denko Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-NX66256DP
    Hello guy's, I have a little problem with my GeFoce 6600. First sorry for my English. I read on some forums that GF6600 have temperature sensor (on die) and the temperature is shown in temperature settings on control panel. But i dont see this setting in my driver (77.77WHQL). The situation is same with newest drivers like 81.98, 84.20,mod drivers etc... Is that problem with a bios? Is that option is locked by manufacturer? How I change this option? Bios version is F1 v.5.43.02.16.00 from Gigabyte. Please help me

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  4. deadgun159

deadgun159 New Member

GPU:
    2 x Leadtek 6600Gt tdh SLI
    Try downloading coolbits : http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815. And is that doesent help, download rivatuner. (In fact yust download rivatuner becouse it is way better :rock: )

5. dragonling

dragonling Member

GPU:
    3 x 285GTX's
    unlocking the "max" timings in riva tuner..

hi guru's and all
    im sitting with an asus v9999(6800 Gt) clocked at 400/1100 since day 1.
    i recently got a zalman vf900-cu cooler. the temps in riva tuner sit at 45-51 at all oc settings right up to 440/1250. yes i tested for 1/2 hour running 3dmark05 in a loop while 2nd monitor was showing temps. gaming is way faster in most cases. now i want to see what this baby can do WITHOUT flashing the vga BIOS. the only diff between the gt and ultra in my case is the gpu/mem speeds. all voltages and pipelines are the same....
    so can any1 either direct me to links or mabe provide a pdf/man for rivatuner to "unlimit" the safety OC settings plz

many thanx
    ps will provide screen shots 4 ppl to prove the current timings.

6. Denko

Denko Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-NX66256DP
    Yes, yes I know men. I use RT long time. But is it possible to mod or change my bios to unlock temperature sensor:)

7. dragonling

dragonling Member

GPU:
    3 x 285GTX's
    many thanx to the staff at GURU3D...i finally got a non stock cpu cooler,64 freezer pro and man i am stoked.... really quiet, i mean i keep looking in the case to make sure the fans r running..its definetly a bargain buy, easy install...super quiet...6 yrs guarantee....i also got 3 new artic cooling 80x80 fans for the case...
    2 hrs of FEAR (settings stiff to get 45fps) and cpu is 37C....:)
    all this without $350 water cooling sys......:)

8. N84

N84 New Member

GPU:
    XFX 6600GT
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum and I was thinking about overclocking my xfx 6600GT 128MB AGP. I found this thread by searching the web for a good understandable OC guide for a noob like me :)

Have you guys OC'ed a 6600GT yet? I'd like to know what your experiences are. I get a score of 2128 with 3dmark05 with my current settings: P4 2ghz 768mb RAM. I also bought a new vga cooler a few weeks ago the Zalman VF700-Cu LED and I must say it's worth the money I payed for it. Anyway what are your experiences with 6600GT?

And cheers to the starter of this thread, nice one!

9. dunno537

dunno537 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6600GT AGP (550/1120)
    N84
    every card is different some u get higher som u get lower, im currently gettin 565 core and 1280 mem u might be able to get the same speeds. the new coller will help greatly just follow the instructions outlined in the guide and u'll do fine. if u want more then go down a bit lower and try stressin the card with rthdribl or 3dmark etc, overnight for a few weeks if u can.

10. Frag-master

Frag-master Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX960 Mini OC
    this helped me lots cheers

11. Frag-master

Frag-master Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX960 Mini OC
  12. Hav0q

Hav0q Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA Titan X
    Hi all. I have a LeadTek WinFast PX6600TD 256MB PCIe video card. I've been using Powerstrip for quite some time now to overclock and for the quick gamma controls. After reading this post, I was freaked out. My base clock speeds are 300Mhz to the core clock and 500Mhz to the memory. I've been overclocking this thing to 350Mhz (core clock) and 615Mhz (memory) for months. I also use the Rivatuner to monitor the temp and suprisingly, it only runs about 1-2 degrees celsius after extremely long periods of gameplay. I'm going to pick up a 7900GT soon (if they ever get back in stock anywhere) so I'm not overly concerned with damage but I don't want to destroy anything neither. I was told that LeadTek uses the "pick of the litter" chips from nVIDIA which could possibly contribuite to the solid over-clocking results...or is it mere luck? Or is this normal overclocking characteristics for this card? Any feedback? Thanks!

Last edited: May 16, 2006
  13. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    I have a temperature question. I have a BFG GeForce6800GT OC:

http://www.bfgtech.com/6800GTOC.html

I'm OC'ing right now to 410/1.08GHz with "Detect Optimal Frequencies", I can OC more to 420/1.15 without crashing. My question is, Why are my temperature crazy. I have, 3D temp-wise, 65C idle, and 90C load!!!! That's damn close to the threshold which is 120c. Actually, when I don't even OC I reach around 80-85 load. Is this normal? I'm using the cooling that came with the card, and I just cleaned out the card a week ago, as in took the cooling off completely and used compressed air. Is anyone with the crazy OC'ing, like more than 500/1100 on a 66GT, using NV5 or some other 3rd party activce cooling? I'm curious.

14. juntok_abot

juntok_abot New Member

arggghh... fried my gf2mx 32mb onboard...also impact on my motoherboard...
    meaning my motherboard get fried also...
    become indonesian fries...not french fries...
    thanks for the great article and software :(

15. Nasem

Nasem Member

GPU:
    Sapphire x800GTO (unlocked 16 pip)
    lmao lmao Im laughing at your misfourtine hahahahaha

You over-clocked a 32MB onboard ? what were you expecting to do with it ? run quake 4 ?.....Seriously, this thread was intended for the NEW cards that HAVE ROOM to be over clocked.....

I can't stop laughing at you lol

I know Im mean and rude, but, you simply gave me room to do so

16. guardz

guardz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTS250 1G OC

LOL was kind of funny ah! Heehee
    But dude feel for the poor fryer guy :)rolleyes: ) Maybe he did it as a joke, or maybe thats all he could afford, money wise.
    ..lol a 32mb board was my very first 'gpu' ... couldnt play anything but 2d Hahaaa. Oh well. Times move on.

17. dysphunktion

dysphunktion Member

GPU:
    XFX / GeForce 6800 /
    rthdribl is one awesome tool for stressing the card. It proved to be the most usefull tool in my OC'ing journey! Thanks a bunch!

18. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    you dont know how long Ive waited for someone to post something about the prog. I used it in my old 6800gt and lost it, couldnt remember the name, so there I was... And now I am downloading it...thanx.

19. PARSER

PARSER New Member

How I can activate all pipelines on my videocard - Leadtek A7800GS TDH? Active pipelines are 16 from 24. I OC the graphic processor to 470 Mhz and the memory to 1380 mhz, results in 3DMARK2005 - 6700. Processor - AMD Athlon 64 3500, Motherboard -Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra (NForce 3), Memory - 2X512 DDR 400 Kingston, Soundcard - Creative Audigy, PSU is a Antec 400 Watts.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  20. PARSER

PARSER New Member

How can activate all pipelines on a Leadtek A7800GS TDH?