NVIDIA overclocking,tweaking and cooling....All info you need.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by funkymonkey, Jan 5, 2004.

1. meran

meran Master Guru

GPU:
    sapphire 5850 2gb @850

2. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 570
    Thanks guys for the replies.

I'm a little afraid to overclock my cpu because at default clock when running full load the temperature can reach 60C. I think I need to get a better cpu cooler first.

3. meran

meran Master Guru

GPU:
    sapphire 5850 2gb @850
    yea those pentiumd's run really hot and consumes much power since your board is msi 965 it should run core2duo i got e2180 for 55$ and the e4600 for 85$ you should buy one and oc it instead of buying a new cooler since these chips runs cool c2d @ 2.0ghz beats pd @ 4.0 !! so :) get one cheap ones and oc it to 3.0 or 3.2 worth it

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  4. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 570
    Yes, that's what I thought too. I'm planning on buying a new processor and soundcard, and have been saving for a whille now. Thanks bro.

5. sven_89

sven_89 New Member

GPU:
    nVidia 8600GT 512 MB
    Hey...alright, so I was having issues with my frame rates dropping to like the low single digits when playing games such as CoD 4 and Crysis, and a friend suggested I get Riva Tuner and use it to check my core temp, and when the next time one of my games crashed out on me, my temperature was reading at about 125. Even now, after my computer was sitting in standby mode for a while, it's reading at 86. This is just a recent thing that it only started doing maybe a month ago, and i'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions about how I could try to fix this.

6. kampung

kampung New Member

GPU:
    ATI X1300PRO
    can anyone guide me on overclocking Pixelview geforece 7300GT 512MB PCI-e?

thx

7. Imaroot

Imaroot Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GX2
    great post dude...

newbie like me really need this kind of info

8. ikarus69

ikarus69 Member

GPU:
    Intel GMA 950
    thanks for your great guide. keep it up2date :) !!!

9. Cov238

Cov238 New Member

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 280 OC
    great post

10. tritenan

tritenan Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte/8500GT/256HP
    ok men !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Aseton

Aseton Member

GPU:
    HD4870 1GB GDDR5
    How can i speed my fan manually? It's always 30% even when my 8800 GT is 86 C...

12. kingsface

kingsface Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570 @ 900Mhz AXP
    fan speed

Download Rivatuner from guru3d site.

You can then adjust the fan speed.

13. DeadlyDevil666

DeadlyDevil666 Member Guru

GPU:
    9800 GTX / Palit / 512mb
    Why only move 5mz at a time? What about if you already know your cards potentiality speeds and underclocked it then put it back up?

14. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    ...because every card is different and even though they might have the same chip on them, doesn't mean they have the same overclocking potential.

If you overclock it too much at once you might also damage the card...

15. VinoBob

VinoBob New Member

GPU:
    Inno 3D 9600 GT
    Hi all!

I'd like to ask some questions about troubleshooting. I've got a 8600GTS, and the card produces some errorneus phenomenon inordinately. Sometime right after startup the pictrue at the screen is fallen into pieces, some strange geometric forms like rainbowy rectangles are rendered( like an lsd trip or something) it looks like so, when a card is OC-d, and not stable, but not that much unstable, that the system should freeze or restart. So it wotks like this, BUT! only just restarting the computer seems to be solve the problem, cause right after the malfunciton dissapears, and looks so, if there didnt where any problem before, the card is fully stable, produces no error in any circumstances through a relalitvely long period of time, but randomly this phenomenon appears after a few days, and restarting again makes it disappear. What could be the problem source? I have misgivings, that something isnt right at loading the VGA BIOS, and if there is any wrong value loaded, then it reproduces this thing. I dont have any exact idea what it could be, but I thinking on such things, that the vram, or the gpu is undervolted or too high frequency is set...so such things like this. I tried to read BIOS data with Nibitor, but I couldnt, because it faild to start driver, as I wanted to select the device. ( error code 1275 )I dont know, if that is bacause of the x64 Vista( there is a x64 driver in Nibitors folder ), which I use, or just because Nibitor dosent support the latest nv driver. Someone help plz! Thnx!

16. siddhant

siddhant New Member

GPU:
    nVIDIA/GeForce 9600M GS/1
    hey funkymonkey, great post, do you have any suggestions for me?? I have a GeForce 9600M GS card, and unfortunately I cannot find any Quadro compatible with it to overcloak the card, I use this video editing software called AVID, and unfortunately I cannot use it on a GeForce. Any help is greatly appreciated.

17. rutgertje

rutgertje New Member

GPU:
    XFX 9600 GT / 512MB
    Thanks for the guide i've overclocked my XFX 9600 GT

Here are my results :)

its stable with a 60c temperture

GPU clock: default: 700 to 800MHz
    Memory: default: 1000 to 1100MHz
    Shader: default 1750 to 1900MHz

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/205/stableoverclocked.png

but seriuosly... When i've overclocked it I don't see soooo many differents I must say...

18. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Welcome to Guru3D, rutgertje. :)

Well, sometimes even 1 - 3 frames per second more in a game can make a noticeable difference. Also, you have to remember that it's about the knowledge and experience that you did push your card to its limit, and were able to squeeze that little extra performance out of it - which others don't have by just using the stock clocks...

19. yusuf_memon

yusuf_memon New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
    Hello Guys.
    I have NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (1 GB) graphic card.
    I've read that it can be soft-modded to Quadro.
    Basically, I am a designer and now-a-days I've to work on 3DS Max. Anyone could please let me know how to do that? Please?

20. jimbates

jimbates New Member

GPU:
    7600gs,6800xt,quadro370
    An odd observation with overclocking

If youre not looking for an extreme overclock, you might want to try a different angle.
    Clocks for a given chip vary by manufacturer, Try other manufacturers clock settings.
    I also found....
    i have a 6800xt(unlocked) and this clock setting seems to work well.. 401 core 441 mem.. why!?!?
    the ramdac is running at 400, so is my gpu... My system ram is running at 440, so is my video memory(hynix ddr1).
    if you overclock your gpu and Vram by different percentages, you can actually cause lower framerates, even though it is overclocked.
    I actually found overclocking everything, including cpu and system ram by the same percentage, Accentuates the overclock.
    the exception to this:
    Calculate ddr series as a multiplier.
    if you use ddr2 system ram @ 800mhz and ddr3 video ram, your video ram would want to be at 1200mhz.