NVIDIA overclocking,tweaking and cooling....All info you need.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by funkymonkey, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    Does it give you any errors, or artifacts :)?

Welcome to Guru3D btw :D

2. N3v3r7and

N3v3r7and New Member

Hello
    Is there any way to change from SM3.0 to 2.0 by driver? I mean not in the game options. I have a 7800 GS
    I asked a lot of people but without answers. Is this possible?

3. Hasforth9

Hasforth9 New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 6800
    is there any guides how to clock a Gforce 6800 card? becuase i have NO idea how to do, i dowloadede the Riva tuner program and i dont understand **** of it :(

THANKS

4. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    Thanks for this helpful guide. :)

5. andr3yutz

andr3yutz New Member

hi all i've got a amd64 3000+(venice),1gb of ram kingmax pc 3200 ddr 400 ,motherboard epox 9NDA3I and asus n6800 512 mb agp and i want to overclock it because the number of core am ram sucks and i want a little bit more performance in games...... only 325 core/540 ram.... so the cooler is stock... but i've got a little bit high temperature... 70* in idle mod... in games,73-75... with a little overclock 370 core... same temeperature... ok anyone know's how much i can overclock it....?
    LE:i tried to unlock the piplelines.... from 12 to 16 and it's starting to show me some strange lines in windows so i came back to default..
    LE2:eek:k the max overclock for it is 397 core and 599 ram

Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  6. dimitri stephan

dimitri stephan Member Guru

GPU:
    2 X 670 GTX in SLI
    xfx 7600gs overclocking

Hello guys, im new here so i have no idea where to go for info.
    Anyway, i just want to know how to volt mod my xfx 7600gs, it has 512 mb of ddr2 memory and i have no idea how to volt mod, could anyone help me plz. Thanks.

7. dimitri stephan

dimitri stephan Member Guru

GPU:
    2 X 670 GTX in SLI
    can anyone help?

8. nvsteve

nvsteve Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI X1650Pro 512MB 594/783
    56k Warning!!!!!!

For starters this is my case:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Asus FX 5900 Ultra Stock Heatsink!

[​IMG]

Temps with stock were 140 C GPU, 61 C RAM, if I went into a game it would freeze and kick me out.

First mod!
    [​IMG]

LOL! Its amazing what a lil 80mm Case fan can do!!!! But the down side was it took up 3 PCI slots.

Temps were 61-62 C GPU, 41 C Idle. Gaming Temps: 65-67 C GPU, 51 C RAM

Second Mod: Vantec Iceberq 6 VGA Cooler
    [​IMG]

Temps were 51-55 C GPU, 41-44 C Idle. Gaming Temps: 58 C GPU, 45 C RAM.

Very little lag in games, it only takes up 1 PCI slot, and cools better than the case fan. But the down side was it did cost me about $31 US. Case fan only cost me $9 US.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted: Black Edition Screen Shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. TheWheelman

TheWheelman Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus96GT512 700/1800/1100
    No.
    Get RivaTuner.
    Force it to use Shader Model 2.0.

10. vandrew82

vandrew82 Member

GPU:
    9800 GT OC 512MB
    Kick ASS Thread

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007

11. gambitkl

gambitkl New Member

Would it be wise to use the "Detect Optimal" button in the NVIDIA control panel as a starting point for OC'ing and then use Rivatuner to start the 5MHz increments? This would save a lot of time

I currently have a 7900gs and the nvidia control panel detected 510/1568 as the "Optimal" (stock is 450/1320).

Thanks.

12. Question

Question New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 6600 se extreme 256 MB
    First of all ..i wanted to say hi to all of u.. and now i want to ask something
    I got a GeForce 6600 se extreme...it's kinda old and i'm thinking to replace it..
    So i want to see what it can do xD I've never OC-ed a graph card before so i'm kinda noobish and i'd appriciate if u could go step by step xD
    So the question is ... how mouch should i OC it..i don't want that it drop's dead caz' i want to use it for my sec. komp...
    thx in advance
    P.S:if u need any other info 'bout my komp ask ...
    and i want to OC it just for gaming...so max performace..

13. dunno537

dunno537 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6600GT AGP (550/1120)
  14. mafia_boy

mafia_boy Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GeForce GTX 970 4gig
    Does anyone have any info/advice on overclocking my gainward golden sample 7900gs 256mb pcie, i have been using the expert tool (overclocking tool from gainward) to overclock it, default settings are crore clock speed 500mhz and mem clock speed 1400mhz.
    I have been raising the voltages by increments of 5-10mhz but am nervous of what this card can actually achieve! It says on the gainward website that any golden sample card has been put through very high stress tests but i am still wiery?? Any ideas guys?

Ps, this card has its own built in cooling system (a very good one) so cooling is not an issue!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  15. gopher04

gopher04 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 Classified
    How do people manage to overclock 8 series cards when the orignal clock settings aren't correct, or is there away toget the correct settings to appear?

16. neur0tik

neur0tik New Member

help!!!

k i just got mi pc upgraded lyk a month ago with all the money i had. nou its a 3.0ghz, 1gb ram. an i got an nvidia geforce 7300LE graphic card. buh i realizd tht this graphic card aint enuff tu play the games kumin out thesedays. games lyk stalker, bio-shock, crysis all require more, more, more, more and more. buh unfortunately im totally broke. so ani help? anithin i kan du tu get the best outta mi card without fryin it? if ani1 kan help pls tell me step by step kuz i havnt overcloked befor. an pls dunt tell me tu go an buy reely expensive cooling kuz lyk i sed im totalli broke!

thnks

17. Nabeel

Nabeel New Member

Hi, This post of mine is very beneficial and informative, however there are some specific facts or information that I require. If anyone can help me in this matter then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

i

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  18. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    This guide is no help for Vista 32bit users. It seems no program can overclock the gpu wile using Vista since the last update. I think factory overclocked cards will be the way to go from here on out, lol.

Anyone have any luck with ntune on a non nvidia mobo?

19. Terpitz2

Terpitz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 2070
    I cant seem to find a cooler for my 6800GT, Ive been only looking lately but the NV series 5 dosent seem to be sold anymore

20. axis01

axis01 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS G92
    There are a whole host of aftermarket HSF's for the 6800. NewEgg has several in the $30-40 range.

Axis