NVIDIA Officially Apologizes - Underestimated demand for RTX 3080 FE cards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    I believe it was stated the cards would be limited in numbers a while back.
    Pretty much a "Halo" product, at least for now.

But still disappointing overall.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Address the rest of my post "true or false" and I will address yours.

3. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    No need. The truth speaks for itself and I trust in my fellow guru3d members to know the truth.
    "NVIDIA Officially Apologizes - Underestimated demand for RTX 3080 FE cards"
    "NVIDIA Officially Apologizes", true statement, while their reply is the subject of debate and discussion.

4. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Is that all you've got? Everyone is apologising, haven't you noticed? Yeah, new products in high demand, wow, it's never happened before.

The real truth is you can't address it otherwise it'd be obvious why Nvidia locked Ati out. It'd be self-defeating and you know it.

5. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    What I have is a thread topic, A comment about hatred of nVidia I replied to with possible reason, which physX disabling being one possible reason. Iam not trying to derail this thread. We can pick this up in another thread I will start on why hate / nVidia / AMD / Intel.

6. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    You're looking at the bruise without questioning the punch.

7. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Dude, I cannot cut loose against someone using Blackwidow for their Avatar.

8. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    After issues with some AIB RTX 3080 surfaced, Iam beginning to wonder if that played a part in the demand for RTX 3080 FE. https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/g...ely-due-to-poscap-and-mlcc-configuration.html
    If AIB partners did not ship cards due to discovering this issue and nvidia had expecting AIB cards to meet most of the RTX 3080 demand. Limited AIB cards could explain why nvidia was not prepared for this level of enthusiasm.
    The question is, if nvidia knew about this issue, would they admit it to the public as a cause?

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Doubt it - they would have delayed the 3090 then and AIBs would have stopped selling affected cards, which they clearly didn't.

More than likely demand is really high, 500mm2+ cards aren't quick to be produced and that's pretty much it. I think the crashing issue will vanish with a driver update.

Icanium likes this.
  10. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    The EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 series was delayed at launch due to this issue.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/bapcsalesa...date_on_the_issues_with_the_evga_geforce_rtx/
    Just wondering if nvidia knew and if other AIB discovered this issue and impacted their launch quantity.

11. Ugh. Enough with the who can afford who can't. Just stop. It's an argument for children. Plenty can afford them. God I still haven't replaced my video card from that moment when I told you guys I sold it... think it was before I got my recent job even... I mean heck I just bought a new car *2017 precertified* to replace my other one which was 18 years old lol. Just making a point. People have other things in life they are more interested in than loser arguments about video cards' affordability. The car was just an example of a higher ticket priced item (obviously) to demonstrate that. Two days ago I paid my tuition bill for my acting school which comes around every so often. Some of you pretend like the rest of us are 15 like you in high school selling weed and only spending our lunch, pot & allowance "savings" on gpus like you @metagamer ;) ...

Ok I'm gonna go get the rod out of my butt :cool:

Maddness likes this.
  12. etrin

etrin Guest

GPU:
    Personally I think they sent all of them to the scalpers at MSI and split the profits.

Maddness likes this.