Nvidia maximum power settings (per game) sometimes doesn't work.3080 Driver 457.51

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by kman, Mar 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Noticed sometimes when launching Wow the clock starts to erraticly go between 1300mhz-1950mhz which shouldn't happen when I have the game's profile set to maximum performance.(should be at minimum 1785mhz since its the base of the gpu)
    I tried running/closing the game 7 times in a row and 2 of those times the clock was going below 1785mhz and erratically go up and down while the other 5 tries it stuck to 1785mhz -1959mhz.
    My global power plan is set to Optimal with Maximum performance per game bases.
    I already tried DDUclean and re-install the driver but I notice it still occasionally happens.

It should not be happening on Maximum performance.[​IMG]
    Closed the game and restarted and now it's working as intended.
    [​IMG]

2. Alberto_It

Alberto_It Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI SUPRIM X 4090
    Give it a try with the latest version drivers or 460.89

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    WoW has 3 seperate profiles now,

only the Retail and Classic profiles work.

Found this out when the Main profile that doesn't check subfolders wasn't applying the flicker fix setting.

[​IMG]

4. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    That also happen sometimes on my 3080 too but only on low requirements/old games, i dont see any performance hit though

5. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Is that one of the most stable drivers?Ever since i upgraded to a 3080 frametimespikes (micro stutters) started to be a pretty common occurance.Granted the current one I'm using (457.51) is kinda subpar too frametime wise.

6. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Same happens on that driver and It's still random when it happens.Sometimes I may launch the game and it never goes below 1785mhz then I could re-launch the game a min later and it would start in this "de-powered" state.Mainly WOW

Also do you happen to play wow?Do you also get random micro stutters occasionally?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.