NVIDIA Marbles RTX demo now available for download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 11, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Looks really good.

3. Volteron

Volteron Active Member

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    Tried it doesn't even launch?

geogan and cliffgamerz like this.
  4. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Gaming OC
    ''The recommended drivers for RTX Marbles is version 456.71''

Weird.. those drivers are a little too old to be bothered with, especially for 3000 series

5. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    Yes same for me, after clicking launch it pops up an banner after few secs nothing

6. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    same for me , doesn't launch at all with RTX 3080 :/ , latest drivers 466.27

7. Volteron

Volteron Active Member

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    Found this on nvidia forums, not tried it yet:

If you navigate to
    <Omniverse Install Location>/omniverse/Library/marbles_rtx-<BUILD>/_build/windows-x86_64/release/apps
    you’ll find a file named omni.app.marbles.kit which has a bunch of configuration options. In there you’ll find a line that says renderer.minGpuMemoryMB = 11000. You can change this to something less than this, in the case of the RTX 3080, something less than 10000 should be fine.

Ok its works set minimum memory to 9000 and it now launches, it shows instruction screen but after that I can't get it to start lol?

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  8. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    ok it works now ;) thank u very much Volteron

9. Volteron

Volteron Active Member

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    DId you manage to get past the instruction screen?

Nvm got it working, no sli support very sad. :(

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    set renderer.minGpuMemoryMB = 7000

getting 5 fps or sumtin

clearly it needs more (V)RAM, as it takes 30 GB of virtual memory from my SSD
    /uninstalled

Metro Exodus Enhanced is the best RT(X) demo so far, by far :)
    ON TOP of being a great game

11. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    There isn't even DLSS setting to run this demo properly or even full screen mode, will only work as slideshow for now if anyone is interested.

Edit:The version available to us now is not the one from Ampere launch but GTC 2020 one which is supposed to work well on RTX 8000 Quadro series cards and not normal RTX cards, also DLSS isnt available in this build so i rather skip or wait till Nvidia Marbles at night version releases. Also Hilbert that video on news isn't of this version but marbles at night version.

12. VenTK

VenTK Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070
    Same. I set it to 7GB minimum as well (I have a 3070 so only 8GB VRAM) and I'm getting 12fps!

There's no apparent settings menu to enable DLSS or switch resolutions either. Everything needs to be done via that config file mentioned above, but I'm not sure if even that works. This is not worth my time lol.

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Edit: As for this demo itself, it just doesn't run for me, I am on the latest driver, but others are reporting that works anyway. When I start it the splash screen appears, disappears, and nothing.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sill disappointed that they removed literally all the female model demos from their website to be more woke. It's deleting a part of history for no sane reason.

Those were always the most fun demos, for various reasons; they always were a nice display of graphics potential but each had their own reason for being interesting from just being neat with fun music to just being interesting because of how bizarre it is like that GeForce 7 (Luna was it?) demo.

That and seeing a demo of a human model is always more interesting to see what potential there is for upcoming graphics. Marbles... okay, looks nice, but an ultra detailed demo of a human model that brings an RTX 3090 to its knees like the past demos did to cards of their time would have been way more interesting. But no, it's "cUrRenT yEaR", we're not allowed to have nice things.

Nice looking reflections off of shiny objects is easy to pull off due to relative simplicity, that's why even really old racing games have "realistic" looking graphics for their time. But having more realistic looking humans because of lighting/reflection/refraction, that's a lot harder and more interesting.

stereoman likes this.
  14. Volteron

Volteron Active Member

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    I found if you go into config and set asyncrendering to true it gives massive fps boost.

15. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    hello Volteron , sry for my late answer !
    yes , but I waited a long time before it starts , very weird :(

16. geogan

geogan Master Guru

GPU:
    3070 AORUS Master
    Why is install location so convoluted and hidden :mad:.... for those wondering it is here:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\ov\pkg\marbles_rtx-2021.1.5\_build\windows-x86_64\release\apps\omni.app.marbles.kit

Also when i tried to run it, it crashed. I looked up error code - it is literally STACKOVERFLOW.com :D

0xc0000409 - something in your program is writing past the current stack frame, corrupting data on the stack

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Neo Cyrus likes this.
  17. bune

bune New Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800GT G92
    How to get past the instructions screen? Nothing appears to have any affect at all

18. Lordhawkwind

Lordhawkwind Member

GPU:
    Palit Jetstream GTX970
    What a joke. Downloaded and registered and couldn't find any demo WTF Nvidia. Uninstalled promptly and won't be going near again. Just release the demo and no other s**t needed. Not rocket science really.

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    This is not tech-demo for gaming technology. It is CUDA-walled. And as such, it will not get into game of any sane studio.

20. Gothacka

Gothacka New Member

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    You can make it full screen by adding this line into the config file

upload_2021-5-16_3-8-46.png