Nvidia: It's Coming - 29.04.17

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Apr 12, 2017.

1. lexer98

lexer98 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    Titan XP Service Pack 3 ?

2. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    It is prolly volta for supercomputers or the p100 with hbm 2.0

3. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    Double post

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  4. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    Hopefully it will be a cheap VR for everyone to buy. Double post. How to delete?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017

5. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I wonder if they mean that a driver that isn't littered with a f*** ton of bugs is coming. That'd be a nice change.

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    That .gif in the article looks a lot like the visual design of the shield console, controller. I would guess its a new shield tablet since the "updated" console just came out.

If not a tablet, maybe a Shield branded laptop made by ASUS.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  7. providec

providec New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 980Ti Xtreme
    Asus+Geforce VR ! 100%

8. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Yes?:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_gtx_1080_ti_gaming_x_review,13.html

Everywhere except in hitman the 1060 gives more fps @1080p than the ti @4k, and mind you the 1060 is nothing special. Meanwhile consoles with scorpio will start to provide 4k "console" gaming no problem, but on our side "PC gaming" @4k is still expensive, compromised and slow. So they have to do some stunt, like releasing the 1060ti and pack some lie that now you can game @4k on the cheap.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  9. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Huh? And how do you expect console performance to be at 4K? Similar to the 1080Ti? What's your point?

10. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Performance is going to be "console performance" like always, point is that "pc performance" at 4k is still way too compromised and expensive thanks to sandbagging and milking from nvidia and amd.

11. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Dang. I was hoping this was some kind of driver overhaul akin to Crimson, maybe to coincide with the release of W10CU.

12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    No, its less on PC because there are millions of different hardware combinations. It's virtually impossible for any developer to get equally good performance on a PC that has the same processing power as a console.
    I'm not defending crappy PC ports but I also don't blame developers for spending more time on the console versions where there is only 1 variable to program for. It has nothing to do with Nvidia and AMD milking customers. It's about devs being lazy and not trying to optimize the best they can until 6 months after the game launches.

13. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx2080 superXS
  14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    A new revamped Nvidia Control Panel would be a blessing to be honest. The current one, which has been around for aeons, is getting tired and old to be honest.

15. GALTARAUJO

GALTARAUJO Active Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX980 Strix
    My bet is on a new SLI bridge, this time with RBG support without red, so as not to remember their customers about AMD. :3eyes:

On the 10th aniversary of 8800 Ultra, I had one and was very happy with it. No experience with 9xxx series though.

16. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    The 1080ti and the titan xp look like perfect examples of sandbagging to me, the entire Pascal line looks like it wasn´t meant to be from early roadmaps, those ****y tiny memory buffers in the 970/980/Fury look like sandbagging.

17. gamer78

gamer78 Banned

GPU:
    Nvidia
    It's not sandbagging. It's just running a business. Nvidia are dominating the market atm so they're squeezing more money out of people. As long as people are willing to pay, they'll carry on doing that. And people are buying these so clearly it's a win win.

18. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Before Kepler they weren´t running a non profit organization either, true is that in the past entry level and midrange cards used to be so much better than consoles, you didn´t need to pay premium to play at higher resolutions, it was almost a given that a new cheapo card could do it; now they changed their $trategy and the result is that consoles are reaching 4k faster than the gross of pc gamers with their gimped cards.

19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Jensen Huang buys another leather jacket to try and make himself look 20 years younger, yet makes him look 20 years older?

Jensen Huang decides to ride out onto stage on a Harley Davidson?

Jensen Huang hires Ice-cube to write a 'Rap' for his next speech?

Jensen Huang to walk on stage dribblin' a basket ball and wear a baseball cap sideways?

Jensen Huang decides to do his next speech on roller skates?

Jensen Huang 'breakdances' across the stage, and then unveils the new nvidia logo...in graffiti.

Jensen Huang announces that all employees must begin all emails with 'yo'?

...The press are left guessing, but reports show one of the above is a strong contender.

20. Jericho2013

Jericho2013 Active Member

GPU:
    2 x 2080 Ti in SLI
    That made me ROFLMAO. Nice job.