1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVIDIA is listing 21 Games with RTX Support

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 21, 2018.

1. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7850 OC
    That is super true, and I also liked what I've saw from the effects, the issue is how much performance it will require.
    Also, it is just me or SOTR was receiving RT only on that night mission?
    I would be heavilly impressed if the game managed to have RT on all the shadows in a wide open environment, I personally don't believe that RT will extend to all the shadows, but probably just for local area lights and some point light shadows that get replaced for RT shadows..

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  2. Camaxide

Camaxide Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X SLI
    Well, games that have issues running the regular way may very well have those issues based on the light/shadow/reflection etc. implementations, at which point enabling ray tracing could very much help performance.. And quite often it is reflections and dynamic lights that kneel todays graphics cards in difficult scenes, not poly count.

Denial likes this.
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

my eye just fell out of there sockets, wasnt mech warrior 2 and 4 "Mercenaries", now there is gona be another mech warrior with " Mercenaries". I did like my mech warrior games though, but i didnt like the ones past 2000 from some reason.

I not buying a new card any time soon, they have time to optimist ray tracing so it isnt card killer like AO was when came out and other such features, and especial seeing they RAISED the price on the xx70 and xx80 series by $50+ which means they probably raised the prices of the lower cards too, not gonna lie though I would like one but not at those prices, then again by time I get around to getting new card or needing a new one prices will probably be even higher

I got my 1070ti for 450$ that includes the 1060gtx price and set up charges and shipping from evga unless there is another huge leap in performance the price increase is just plain greed

For 1080p and the games I have it is gona be fine for years, 4k isnt gona happen with the card though, 1070ti can't even do 4k in skyrim SE, atlest not with the 4k female textures and 2k male textures mods I have then I have bunch high res hair mods and SMIM that replaced some thing wtih 2/4k res textures

So I pretty much know witcher 3 and deus ex md arnt play at 4k 60fps witcher 2 would probably run at 4k long as i dont use super sampling and Witcher 3 and Deus EX MD are the 2 most recent games I have that I know are demanding

4. Mesab67

Mesab67 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    "
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti unable to run Shadow of the Tomb Raider with 60fps at 1080p with RTX On

Wonder how many RTX 2080Ti owners will be using 1080p. [​IMG]

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvid...-tomb-raider-with-60fps-at-1080p-with-rtx-on/
    http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Grafi...ormance-in-Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-1263244/
    "

Wait for the benchmarks!!!
    So, we have the 2070 described as 'more powerful as the Titan XP' (we should expect that the definition of 'powerful' is not misleading, given the obvious take-away implications). We then have the more powerful 2080, and finally at the top, the 2080Ti. Next, we have SOTR demo'd in the presentation by none other than the main dude himself, who goes into some detail, including the ability to offload previous processes into a new hardware level RT facility. He even mentioned about developers now being in a position to free up general GPU/CPU duties that would otherwise be used for these purposes.
    ...and with all this, we're now fed with the possibility that even a 2080Ti is unable to maintain 60fps in SOTR...not at 4k...but the lowly 1080p. I find it very hard to believe Jensen would put his, and the company's name, stamped against something which is going to get so heavily scrutinised and if correct, criticised. I really don't believe he'd risk the potential backlash. The funds/staff released by Jensen on ensuring the RT resource for these demos was properly and efficiently programmed would not be insignificant.

I also find it very hard to understand why so many folk display such bizarre reasons against RT in general. With all that we've hoped and still hope for in game graphics from years past till now and beyond - higher resolution, more photo-realism, higher immersion level, etc etc I'd think that by now, a critical core requirement for all this is the accurate representation of light interaction. To openly dismiss seeking this so loudly is, well, a little embarrassing. If such commentators want to try their hand at gfx innovation, and perhaps seek to compete with NVIDIA, AMD and Intel then please, be my guest. I will be the first to purchase if the product is right.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I'm not casting judgments on RT performance, whether its excellent or not or whether something wrong in the vid or not. Just posting link of relevance to topic. Yes we need to see benches. The HW is out there, so maybe JHH can stop dicking around and ensure everyone has review samples ASAP and NDA lifted ASAP instead of raking in cash for pre-orders for something he has deliberately kept vague in his gamescom presentation. We came out with not a clue to the general (non-RT) gaming perf of the cards other than generalized allusions. Not all gaming has converted to RT from this day on, which very annoyingly seems to be an irrelevant point in the presentation given.

6. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I hope DOOM Eternal supports RTX.

7. Mesab67

Mesab67 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    "raking in cash for pre-orders for something he has deliberately kept vague in his gamescom presentation"

- absolutely agree 100%. When a 2070 is described as more powerful than a Titan Xp to the entire catchment audience, I'd like to suggest that this is not a vague statement. We really should take this at its most basic and non-misleading definition in the historical context that the word 'powerful', when related to graphics cards, finds itself. Then reasonably apply the expected significant uplifts for the 2080, and then the 2080Ti.

There's something very odd that needs either confirmed as true (which I can't believe, for reasons stated above), or dismissed as fake news. I'll keep an open mind of course...but I'm certainly not ordering until HH's reviews are in....which is a great shame for NVIDIA if fake news is confirmed.

8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Strix
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

please......

(HL2 and DOOM 3 would be sweet 2)

pharma and -Tj- like this.
  9. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    I was hoping we will be getting 4K 120FPS. What's the point of the new GPUs otherwise?

10. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    We were talking about ARK: Survival Evolved specifically. Their DX12 support has been "in development" ever since the game first came out in Early Access, and never really made it.

11. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 /AMD v7
    I guess they see that most sold/selling screens are still 1080p, from sellers and steam survey so probably they do not aim for 4k res...

12. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -NDA +AW@240Hz
    Currently used methods for shadow, lightning, reflection, refraction... are cheap methods in comparison to raytracing and deliver better results.
    Raytracing for shadows in jungle terrain where you have grass on ground... Good Luck getting anything but blob shadow or somewhat bad shadows from main light source.

Entire raytracing is good enough to do better AO and better reflections as HW simply can't do all that heavy lifting required by quality light tracing.

14. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
    When do the NDAs lift? Good raw data is what we need.

fantaskarsef and scoter man1 like this.
  15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Strix

16. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT73VRE TITAN
    I dont really care what they are trying to call there next thing. Lets be fair Dx12 was a massive fail. I would be happy with a 2070 with the power of 1080ti and uses the the power as a 1070.

17. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    When has an nVidia card not lived up to the initial announcement claims? This isn't AMD we're talking about. nVidia has met or exceeded the performance numbers from their initial announcement since that one screw up the NV30. But even that had more to do with TSMC than them.

DirectX 12 in Ark was basically scrapped about a year ago. While i can't find the better explanation, this is from a Q/A with one of their Devs.

There is only a slight chance they add some form of RT features to the upcoming Extinction DLC, but i doubt it will be used on all previous releases.

As for Ark's performance... most of its problems are netcode and server related. The game runs great in single player and on many unofficial servers. Their official servers run like absolote dog$hit run over twice largely because they're running too many Arks per server and more importantly.... Nitrado sucks.

18. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    i just have to.....:p

[​IMG]

cowie and SpookySkeleton like this.
  19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    True, I felt uncomfortable when posting knowing that.

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Just the omission of what to expect in non-RT gaming performance is kind of a red flag to me. I could be totally wrong and Turing kicks ass on all fronts, regardless of cuda cores, tflops, nm process, etc. Was hoping 1080ti perf from the 2070. Unless some miracle arch advancements defies known specs and a 2070 > 1080ti this time around, may need to step up to a 2080 for that.

Maybe Nvidia spoiled us with Maxwell and Pascal massive gains that we've come to expect too much. Yes, I can see thats an unrealistic proposition, to expect such high gains each and every release. So, my/our fault as consumers. Again, I hope to be surprised or shocked by reviews where the price/perf factor shines. But have to be realistic, doubt its gonna happen.