Nvidia is deliberately downgrading kepler gpu's performance in favor of Maxwell.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Angrycrab, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    What you guys want with Valley Benchmarks?
    They already have Kepler optimation for long time, nobody said Nvidia delete old optimation for Kepler Cards.

So bench Valley makes no sense!

On new Games every 970,290,290x destroy a 780Ti even GTA V.
    Everyone knows 780TI is more Powerfull, but here see no Kepler optimation, thats it...

So run Valley 100 times more in Sli or without Sli don´t make Witcher or GTA V run faster.

And its not a news, Nvidia do this since 8800gtx Cards, but never so dramatic and obviously.

I really want to see what happend if Nvidia release a 960TI

2. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    That doesn´t justify an hd7850 spanking a gtx670 in Mortal Kombat X, or a gtx660 being only 2fps faster than a hd6950 in Project Cars.

Most driver tweaks/optimizations/fixes/hacks/tunings are made specifically for the newer games. You just can´t expect some driver fix for mortal kombat X or the witcher 3 insta-boost-cripple 3dmark or half life 2.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Everyone should know the exact opposite of what you've said cause that's the reality.

4. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I'm to lazy to read now but if you think about it. You guys will be pissed at nvidia go to AMD cause you will have other issues. Also i know most of you will buy Nvidia again so They do that to sell new cards and nothing we can do about it. You can say then you will not support them ut then you can't play games properly so either way we all screwed.

Nvidia is one bastard of a company they like to do tricks to make their cards do much better than amd. They lock thngs like Nvidia gameworks down so that amd can't even optimize it one bit. Well this is good but come on. Like in project cars they know for a fact that they making AMD perform worse on purpose. They must just come out with it so that AMD can sue them.

I really want AMD to pick up a bit more not because I'm a fanboy cause I'm not but I want more competition cause currently almost all games uses Nvdiai gameworks and that's a bad thing.

5. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Dont bother discussing with those ******, they are just gonna keep trolling.

You are absolutely correct in what you are saying, and its very much reflected in the benchmark numbers for witcher 3.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/the-witcher-3-benchmarks.html

Maxwell performance compared to amd is normal, but look at kepler performance in comparison to amd... 780 and 780 ti WAY below 290 and 290x, where usually they would be about on par...

If it was simply the game favouring Maxwell, then gtx 980 would be WAY ahead of amd 290x, but it isnt, its only slightly ahead.

Looks like another round of dirty play from nvidia to make Maxwell seem much better than it actually is...

6. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    lol a r9 285 being faster than a 780. WTF. I don't trust those benchmarks anyway cause how come a gtx 960 beats a 780.

7. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    something is def f... up here

8. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    Everything is fine:

...here is GTX780 even faster than 290X

[​IMG]

and here sometimes 780ti wins and sometimes 290x, no difference.

http://pclab.pl/art63116-20.html

DIGITALFAUNDRY FTW ! Videos are way more meaningful imo
    290X vs GTX970

290X without any chance against 970 (VIDEO)

In the future only this site :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj0bZgTq1x4

but i keep an eye on the 780. I like the card but if NV make
    intentionally downgrades i change from green to red.

Unaccaptable, not necessary NV.

IMORTANT LINK ;

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...as-performance-in-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-/1/

GTX780/ti owners can soothe

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Another controversy thread against nvidia. I dont blame anyone for this everybody has to eat right?

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I'm starting to wonder who's the one getting paid here.

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I share the same concern.

12. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    me too

13. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    the numbers are there and real, one must be blind to not raise a brow when suddenly seeing a 960 beating a 780Ti... it's a fact lately Kepler cards are performing below their potential with newer drivers sets, whether it's new games / Nvidia drivers disregarding Kepler GPUs or simply AMD miraculously finding hidden performance in their cards is a thing we might never know, another fact is that most Kepler cards will perform better when reverting back from latest drivers to 347.88 or earlier.

14. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    That´s a crapworks game dude, cripples AMD too. You can tell because of the 960 matching the r9 290 and the 750ti almost matching an hd7950 too.

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    No use using AMD GPU's as a benchmark right now. There are no dedicated drivers out for The Witcher 3. Waste of time right now. Also useful to compare with later.

16. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    7 series GPU owners, install 347.88 driver . New drivers are blocking this cards. Cheers

17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    :3eyes:

18. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
  19. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU: