Nvidia Installer Failed problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Featherbeard, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Featherbeard

Featherbeard New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX570
    Hello everyone! I had been running perfectly fine on my GTX570 until I updated to the most recent drivers. I started getting bluescreens, so I decided to uninstall them and reinstall. I went through the normal steps, but unfortunately I'm getting the dreaded "Nvidia installer failed" message when I run the Nvidia installer.

I can *manually* install the drivers using Device manager, but then I get no PhysX nor a control panel. :( I have gone through the steps of uninstalling, going into safe mode, running Driversweeper and CC cleaner, rebooting and trying again, but it still fails.

Should I be eliminating *all* Nvidia stuff from the drive and manually removing any stray Nvidia registry entries, or does anyone have any other ideas? Thank you so much! This is a maddening problem, something I've never had before. :(

2. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    If you're careful and know what you're doing, it would work. Rename "C:\Program files\NVIDIA Corporation" folder and use something like jv16 powertools' registry finder and search/remove Nvidia entries (creating backups as necessary).

3. Featherbeard

Featherbeard New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX570
    Thanks very much for the advice! Unfortunately it didn't work. :( This is just soooo frustrating. I can play games fine, but I can't change any of the card settings due to having no control panel. :( Is there a way to get that installed by itself?

4. Razunter

Razunter Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I had same problem when I moved my temp folder from default location.

5. Featherbeard

Featherbeard New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX570
    Hmm, that's odd. I don't believe this is something I did, but it's worth looking into!