1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia Inspector or RTSS Framerate Limiter ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Super1, Jul 3, 2015.

?

Do you prefer Nvidia Inspector or RTSS Framerate Limiter ?

1. Nvidia Inspector Framerate Limiter

18 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. RTSS Framerate Limiter

54 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. emusa

emusa Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 780 (1140/6600 OC)
    No, this frequently results in a negative effect.

2. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    thanks so do i need RTSS ran behind the background or no need to turn on after i set 60 fps?

3. emusa

emusa Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 780 (1140/6600 OC)
    I run Rivatuner in the background; it starts up with windows.

With the global profile I have everything set to disabled; so no framelimiter, no detection mode. Then just configure it on a game-to-game basis. I always use detention level medium and then just set the framelimit to 60 (or whatever you like).

4. xenphor

xenphor Member

GPU:
    Asus HD 6850 1GB
    Ah damn it. I'm having issues with Crysis 3 which I'm pretty sure is happening because of RTSS because they didn't happen before. I'll get stuck in certain spots where my controls become unresponsive and have to wait to get unstuck. One time it just straight up crashed as well so that's disappointing. Never had that happen with inspector. Does detection level affect things like that or is that just to get it working at all?

Are there any options I can set that would minimize issues like this or are the defaults pretty much it?

edit: Testing out Nexuiz which is also a cryengine 3 game. Mouse became unresponsive periodically and it crashed which hasn't happened before.

edit2: Actually I think it's a hardware problem.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    That is strange. Does it happen even when RTSS/Afterburner are not running?

6. xenphor

xenphor Member

GPU:
    Asus HD 6850 1GB
    Well the crashing hasn't happened before so I'm still not sure about that. The mouse cutting out happened even when not running RTSS so I exchanged the wireless mouse to a wired mouse and that seems to have helped. Still not sure though really so I guess I'll test it out more.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I've only tried RTSS since I have it installed and it works well in Fallout4 (which is the only game where I've needed to limit the FPS).

8. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    RTSS frame limiter not working in FIFA 2015 but NVIDIA Profile Inspector no issue.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016