1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia Inspector introduction and Guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Nov 5, 2015.

1. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    @Taffer_42

They're fine. Note however that in Skyrim, forcing anisotropic filtering in the driver results in a larger than normal performance impact. There is a bug somewhere (driver or game, no idea) that will apply the filtering not only to textures, but also to shadows, which is completely useless, but can give you an FPS drop. So for this game, I normally suggest not forcing AF in the driver and just setting it to 16x in the game's settings.

In other games, forcing AF in the driver is usually fine without any perf hit.

I'm not sure that matters. DSR is not something that is forced globally. It just adds a new resolution that you can choose to select in whatever game you want. Just because you enable DSR in the nvidia panel doesn't mean it's going to be actually used automatically. It's only used when you manually choose that new resolution.

2. Taffer_42

Taffer_42 New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    How bad of a hit is it? I've done a lot of googling since reading your last message, and and almost everything I'm reading says to use the hardware setting. Also, I can't seem to find any way to set it in-game. :(

3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Skyrim SE uses 16x by default.

The perf hit is minor though. If you're on 60Hz/60FPS, it will not matter, since your 1080 Ti has a crapton of headroom left. It's just something to have in mind though, for people who target 144FPS or something like that. On my system (980 Ti at 1440p,) not forcing AF in the driver resulted in something like 110FPS vs 104FPS. If I was using a 60FPS lock, it of course would not result in any difference whatsoever. The perf difference is also situational though. Areas with lots of shadows (like in an area with lots of trees) there can be a bigger difference. But again, at 60FPS, you probably won't see any impact.

4. Taffer_42

Taffer_42 New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    Thank you so very much for your time and patience!