1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia Inspector introduction and Guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    144hz, still happens even at 120fps

2. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 580 Armor
    For me it does. Maybe it is even more bugged with higher refreshrates?

3. Enclose

Enclose Member

GPU:
    GTX 980TI
    So i just tried it with BF1 but it didnt feel smooth at all. Capped it with RTSS, enabled Halb Refresh Rate 1/2 in Inspector and changed my refresh rate to 120.050 in CSS. Cant confirm if i did everything correct in CSS, could you help me eventually?

Edit : Im seeing some small Fps Drops with this Settings aswell.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    This requires that your FPS never drops below 60. It it does, you need a faster PC.

5. Enclose

Enclose Member

GPU:
    GTX 980TI
    So i just checked a other game again, and MSI tells me i have stable 60FPS with stable 16.66ms, but it does not feel like this sometimes. It feels like i have hard frame drops but its something else, my game just slows down for a sec :/

So i edited in Src my HZ from 120.00HZ to 120.05 but it always put the number to 120.53, is this normal?

My PC is strong enough for all titles so that should be not the problem.

Would Appreciate your help!

6. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    120.053Hz is normal.

Never seen any kind of stutter/fps drops happen here :-/

Are you sure your monitor is not frame-skipping due to the custom refresh rate? You can test it here (note you'll need a camera for this; take a photo with the camera set to long exposure, and see if all rectangles are lit; if they're not, the monitor is frame skipping):

http://www.testufo.com/#test=frameskipping

Other than that, I don't know. Does the normal framerate test look smooth, or does it stutter:

http://www.testufo.com/#test=framerates&count=1&background=none&pps=720

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  7. Enclose

Enclose Member

GPU:
    GTX 980TI
    So in the Test you linked me everything looks smooth and hes saying me that its VALID. I dont see problems there. With your settings there are no stutters but the game slows down and it feels like the FPS would go down immediately but thats not happening. I changed the Resolution to 120.05 Hz like u said in the Detailed Resolutions in CRU, is this correct? Here are my settings from CRU :

Edit : My frametimes are spiking from 16.66hz to 18.945hz.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  8. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    This thread is getting more and more off-topic.

9. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    Any chance to fix the issue with Nvidia Inspector Lag Input ? it's worse than enabling vsync

https://youtu.be/F8bFWk61KWA?t=11m

I wonder what it would be with other program fps limiters

Dxtory
    Evga AfterBurner

Don't remember if bandicam has limiter

And if Evga has one then what it would be.

Awesome site that shows the differences between ALL Off/Vsync/Gsync/FreeSync and all combinations .

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Use RTSS/Afterburner or Dxtory. The nvidia limiter is nonsense (it enables vsync.)

PS: It's MSI Afterburner, not EVGA Afterburner :)

11. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX

ye I wanted to write them separately.
    Using RTSS caused WoW to have low frames instead 70+ always at 49 ..

So I'm not sure what to do.

I am using Laptop G751JT with Gsync . Without Vsync forced in the NVCP I have annoying flashes in black area.

Gsync + Vsync Off + RTSS Limit to 98 FPs caused the game to limited 49 Fps.

My computer usually can hold 55+ Fps, using all Ultra.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I just noticed Nvidia inspector once again has Profile button in it again, I now have 1 less icon to clutter up my start menu

13. evgenim

evgenim Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 OC
    NVIDIA Inspector - Version 1.9.7.8
    App force closing with blink of framework error.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    dont have that error on my side

15. bizuka

bizuka New Member

GPU:
    GTX1060 @ 2130/4800
    since i changed to a nvidia card i kindda have a lot of problems with the gtx 1060
    Trying to optimize the inspector for this purpose since i'm CS:GO semi-professional player
    i'm seeking for your help guys maybe i'm doing something wrong here since i'm a bit noob on this:
    My Profile:
    AC-All off
    G-sync and V-sync - All off and Forced Off
    Max pre-rendered frames - 1
    Antialising - All Off
    LOD - Clamp
    Quality - H.Performance
    Trilinear Opt. Off
    Oclusion Off

Now my problems start in the "Other" Stuff i tried to google all this stuff but i didn't find nothing
    What Buffer Fliping Mode does?
    Ansel? Game Capture thing right?
    Optimus- For Laptop dual gpus right?
    Enable Nonlinear Scale?
    OpenGL deafult swap interval, swap interval fraction interval sign, these 3 settings seems to mess with the monitor/gpu response what are the best settings?
    Variable RefreshRate Off?

guys if anyone have a custom CSGO profile i would aprecciate or if u can explain me the "Other" Settings on the inspector since on the tutorial theres nothing mentioning them
    Thank You guys

16. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    You don't need anything else for CS:GO other than just pre-rendered frames 1.

Nothing else. There is NO tweak, NO setting you could do in there that would help anything.

17. bizuka

bizuka New Member

GPU:
    GTX1060 @ 2130/4800
    I tried diferent settings man.. and believe me they are all diferent in game :s

18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    I've been playing CSGO for 1600 hours. The default nvidia settings are all you need. Lowering quality settings does not give any FPS boost. These settings might have made a difference with GPUs from 10 years ago, but not today.

Ambient occlusion is not used by CSGO and is disabled by default by nvidia. Anti-aliasing and vsync are configured in-game, so disabling them in inspector is not needed. "Application preference" is fine since you have them disabled in-game anyway.

Ansel is not used by CSGO either. And even if it did, it doesn't impact performance. Optimus is for laptops that switch between integrated graphics and discreet graphics. Even on a laptop, the default setting is perfectly fine. The game will always use the discreet GPU by default. Gsync is disabled by default too, and has no effect if you don't have a GSync monitor.

Also, the GL settings have no effect, since CSGO is not an OpenGL game. It uses Direct3D.

Trust me, the default settings are perfect, except for pre-rendered frames which you should probably set to 1 globally. And even that only makes a difference if you enable vsync, which for CSGO you don't.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  19. samidare

samidare New Member

GPU:
    1gb
    I can't change Extension limit. I try to change it from "Off" to "0x00004844" but everytime i click "apply change" button, it change back to "off". I'm using Nvidia inspector 1.9.7.3. Help me please

20. bizuka

bizuka New Member

GPU:
    GTX1060 @ 2130/4800
    i'm not looking for graphics performance boost, i have a gtx 1060 i play the game at 300fps just fine, the thing is, if you play with less image filters-all settings on low, less information will be process throw the server-modem-your pc, i'm not exactly an expert like you man but try to play the game with all settings on low and all the filters off and the game will feel a lot more smoother specially your recoil and a decent netcode (interp, cl_interp etc) i'm getting stuttering somethimes and a feel of a spray break or stutter, that didn't happen on my amd graphics card.
    maybe its because of the latest nvidia drivers? i have 1600h on my smurf :p feel free to add me man.
    I'm playing on a benq XL4220T 120Hz so i guess its not the monitor... :s

Edit: Or maybe it's a bad GPU overclcok that is causing this problem?