Nvidia Inspector introduction and Guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Nov 5, 2015.

1. ToasTinButtered

ToasTinButtered Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    Just updated to GeForce driver to 365.10. I get an unhandled exception error whenever I try to import my .nip. I can export but not import.
    [​IMG]

2. blackdragonbird

blackdragonbird Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970
    Hi guys, can anyone point me to a good guide in how to force P states in GTX970?

I found some guides, but they are not GPU especific, and I'm afraid to damage my 970 doing something wrong, or using a wrong parameter in the BAT file.

Basically I want to disable boost and keep my GPU at fixed clocks when gaming, but dont want to biosmod.

Thank you. =)

3. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Thank you for the tool.

But I still got this error from several monthes, when trying to import my profiles :

[​IMG]

I disabled nvidia services and even tried Safe Mode (the appli didn't launch).
    No luck. I am not the only one to get this.

I got a Geforce GTX 970 and uses latest driver.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Do you guys use so many different, specifically changed game profiles that you NEED to import them, or is it just a matter of comfort? Just curious, didn't have any profiles to set myself, so I did the single on manually.

5. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x970,Gsync,3DVsn2
    About 10 maybe 15 are tweaked that is possible for manual do-it-again-from-scratch, BUT about another 20 are tweaked for 3D so it's not only for being lazy.
    Importing is waay easier than check every single value for every profile.

Thank God that Nvidia's SLI profile app is there for many of us. (no offence Inspector)

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    No, didn't think about you guys, being lazy, but as I said I only have a single profile that's tweaked, I guess I missed out on some games optimizations :D

7. Orbmu2k

Orbmu2k Member Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X (Pascal)
    The problem here is that you try to import profiles where the game EXE is already assigned to another existing profile. Please check the profile names inside your nip file against possible name changes by nvidia for the given games.

You can manually edit the nip file then and change the profile name to the current one by nvidia.

The legacy inspector tool just ignores this error and you end up with duplicate profile where the imported one is not assigned to any game EXE.

This scenario is not easy to solve automaticly as you can not be sure that a profile which uses the same exe name on import is really targeted to the existing profile.

So what to do? Legacy way of ignoring? Impoved legacy way with warning but still duplicate dead profile? Dont import this paticular profile with warning? Guessing the other profile with this game exe assigned is the correct target profile?

BTW: The SLI Import Tool / Inspector NVIDIA Text Format Import replaces ALL profiles with ALL settings from the snapshot of its export. You will loose all new profiles from newer drivers and all updated settings by nvidia.

8. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x970,Gsync,3DVsn2
    Unless you know what to edit/change to specific games/values you need and not just copy paste.

9. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX
    If that is indeed the problem. (Which can be annoying, because a lot of stupid developers name their stuff generically or with common names.)

Absolute application paths can be the answer. But you'd gotta know which is the problem.
    It might list it in the error output there.

10. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Thanks for the diagnostic ! Now I understand ! For "Sonic Racing Transformed" it's named as "Latice Technologies" for exemple...

I remade everything. It would be nice to get a more comprehensive message. Being able to select which profile to import (as for export) could be nice too !

Last edited: May 7, 2016

11. maffle

maffle Member

GPU:
    gtx970
    -silent argument doesn't work with the new nvidiaProfileInspector.exe ... Please fix this. This is important to import profiles at boot time. I always used "nvidiaInspector.exe profile.nip -silent" and this doesn't work with nvidiaProfileInspector.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  12. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX
    What's the purpose of this?

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 980Ti Amp!Ext
    I get something similar now when I upgraded to 368.22 and tried to import 356.19 profiles..

So far I saw it imported only a few.
    [​IMG]

What can I do? I have over 90 profiles and its a bit pain to redo all..

14. Orbmu2k

Orbmu2k Member Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X (Pascal)
    try the latest build, it now shows a error report which profile names most likely has been changed by nvidia

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/build/artifacts

the argument was "-silentImport" on the latest versions, now it supports both

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 980Ti Amp!Ext
    ^
    Hi, cool thanks

Was looking for newer version, will report back in a moment :)

EDIT:

It was a conflict by Assassins Creed Unity executable,.

Works great now, imports the rest while skipping that troublesome, before it imported up to Assassins Creed III.

Thanks! :cheers:

Last edited: May 24, 2016

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 980Ti Amp!Ext
    btw a small request :nerd:

Can you name this or can we manually in that extra cfg file?
    [​IMG]
    picture uploading

17. shadowflame

shadowflame Member

GPU:
    Palit 1070 2101 @ 1.093v
    Got an error yesterday after installing palit 1070 when clicked on Overclock button. Even though i don't enter there very often and use afterburner, you might want to update it for pascal cards. Maybe even completly restrict that sub-menu from GUI for Pascal, if it won't be supported.

18. Goose

Goose Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Hybrid (+ GT745)
    Thank you for this: The hax needed to get SGSSAA into Blade & Soul require the deletion of some other game profiles(s) that use "Client.exe" as a name, so it's ether re-delete them before doing one big import, or else export the hax profile separately, an then import separately …

19. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX
    Or simply add the needed file as an absolute file path. Inspector has the option. Avoids the conflict.

20. Goose

Goose Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Hybrid (+ GT745)
    If it does, it went out of it's way to hide it …

[tens of minutes later]

I found it; I still think it was hidden. :-]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016