Nvidia Inspector and CSGO issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by CYRUZ, Jun 7, 2015.

1. CYRUZ

CYRUZ New Member

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia GTX 780
    Hi guys!

So I have the Nvidia SLI stuttering issue when I play CSGO.

I found this Nvidia Inspector(youtube.com/watch?v=syE55-jEzb8) video on youtube which explained the solution.

First you have to choose the right profile(Counter Strike Global Offensive).
    Then you have to "add application to current profile" and choose the execute file.

Here is the problem:
    The csgo.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive) is not the one that is launched from steam.
    If you click the execute file, it tells you that the anti cheat system is deactiveted etc.

If I am not wrong, the real execute is called in my case steam://rungameid/730

But how do I apply steam://rungameid/730 to Nvidia Inspector?

Can anyone help me?

2. Shady757

Shady757 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC
    This is actually the file being used. The shortcut steam uses is just "an internet shortcut" as Windows should tell you.

The exe will be used, regardless of how you launch it, it's simply the game not recognizing steam because you're launching it directly.

Any changes you make to the exe it uses while it's running (check task manager, open file location) should take affect.

Also, I'm sure there's already an NVIDIA profile in Inspector for CSGO, why not just modify that profile?

3. CYRUZ

CYRUZ New Member

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia GTX 780
    Thank you, I did not know that. Problem is that I'm already using the existing Nvidia Inspector profile, but their was no apply execute. But now that I have applied the csgo.exe, the SLI stutter does not disappear :/ As soon as I deactivate SLI, the stutter issue is gone. But the game does not feel as fluent without SLI.