NVIDIA INSIDER Preview Driver [450.99][Standard]

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, May 20, 2020.

1. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I think the current Fast Ring will be called 21H1 soon and the 20H2 enablement package will be tested on the Slow Ring. 21H2 could be the next Skip Ahead (sometimes later) if any (or it will have to wait until 21H1 leaves the Fast Ring, I am not sure if there is any Skip Ahead anymore).

2. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I'm getting a 2fps increase (80 vs. 78) in Strange Brigade Vulkan with hardware GPU scheduling.
    Not overly exciting, though not bad either for a Pascal GPU. At least it does something.

toyo likes this.
  3. fpollan

fpollan Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 1080GLH
    Win64 LTSC.
    Lost color and wallpaper when ill start Kombustor

4. Pepa1

Pepa1 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    thanks, but I don't want a DCH driver ... for all others standard drivers is vsync ready....

5. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    @ManuelG Rainbow Six Siege seems kind of broken with GPU scheduling. Normally it consumes very little GPU (around 10%) with low settings, with gpu scheduling on it consumes 80% and higher, and is often on 100%, even in the menu.

6. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Is the GPU clock the same (and stable)? How about the power draw (TPD %)?

7. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    No skip , gone for many many builds back , for the longest time the skip icon was there, was dormant.
    on current fast build 16631.mn.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/insider-nvidia-driver-440-23-wddm-2-7.428337/

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  8. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    More details:
    Task manager with gpu sched off shows around 70-92% usage on the "Graphics_1" tab. 3d is around 1%.
    power draw 140w-150w, % of tdp 80%
    memory usage 23%
    gpu clock 2010 mhz (stable)
    mem clock 7200 mhz (stable)
    core voltage 1.038v (stable)
    (gpu core load 80-100%)
    (memory control load 24-27%)
    In-game bench: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege2020-5-23-20-45-26.jpg

Gpu sched on 3d tab: http://prntscr.com/smgrq5 (see the periodic 100% spikes)
    power draw 140w-150w, % of tdp 80%
    memory usage 23%
    gpu clock 2010 mhz (stable)
    mem clock 7200 mhz (stable)
    core voltage 1.038v (stable)
    (gpu core load 80-100%)
    (memory control load 24-27%)
    Using the in-built fps limiter does NOT remove the periodic spikes.
    In-game bench: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege2020-5-23-20-39-12.jpg

Low-latency set to enabled, multi-threading auto in both. Apart from that I use optimal performance everywhere.

9. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    But are any diference betwen the drivers you guys post first here to the ones on the Nvidia site? Only asking couse i instaled the first ones this ones are game ready. I guess i wil instal these ones and check.

10. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    The "core" parts are probably the same (compiled from the same codebase, probably the exact same binaries from bit to bit with the same dates and certificates even) but the installer has more extra packages (Experience, ShadowPlay, etc). For that reason, I am glad I was offered this stripped down version (otherwise I would need to clean the extras myself).

elite69 likes this.

11. EugeneJackKhoros

EugeneJackKhoros Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    @ManuelG GTX 1080 in the game Just Cause 2 there are no settings "GPU Water Simulation" and "Bokeh Filter". They were there before.
    [​IMG]

I filled out the feedback form, but as an API I specified DirectX 10 there, and not CUDA. It is important?

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  12. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    A fine driver for me. Playing Pillars of Eternity at 165hz, everything working as intend.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    PSA: Task manager is garbage for gpu util measuring.

BlackScout likes this.
  14. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I can confirm this.

BlackScout likes this.
  15. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080

16. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    looks good mate.

17. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    Thanks man for the reply. So i dont need to instal this ones.i dont use shadow play or ge experience so i dont need this ones

18. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    You mean the first PoE game? I started playing it some months ago (then stopped for other reasons) but I couldn't make it work nice. There was no stutter-free low-lag G-Sync experience with the default d3d9 borderless window mode (even though G-Sync should work with windowed apps too). The experimental opengl mode allows for true fullscreen mode and G-Sync works fine but the game engine itself has other unwanted behaviors (clicking on icons and using menus causes frame-time spikes and my LG C9 produces some brightness flickering suring those spikes, so I basically get brightness flashes when clicking on icons...).

19. Rachid Rahmoune

Rachid Rahmoune Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1050 2GB
    Hello there, is someone other than me having freezing issues in AC Origins, Syndicate and Odyssey using this driver with GPU Hardware Scheduling enabled?

Was anyone able to solve this issue? it's driving me nuts. Reverting back to the stable branch (445.x) fixes the issue for me but I wanna use this driver.

elite69 likes this.
  20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Wasn't there a post earlier about Batman Arkham Knight and PhysX being allowed on the GPU interfering plus a post over on the GeForce forums quoted here from the community representative Manuel on how it was still a work in progress but the driver now follows having hardware scheduling to on in the OS and it works even if there's some more to do before this 450.xx driver branch is fully release ready outside of these previews or developer betas.
    (Or how to describe them. Not the usual beta or non-WHQL or hotfix type drivers.)

Would be neat if that was less of a global toggle and more of a driver inclusion and per-game profile toggle but it's probably as I believe was also mentioned somewhere in this or the .80 driver topic rooted too deeply into the OS to be flipped at will without a reboot being required.

Could be worth trying, assuming it doesn't require more resources or the games themselves are problematic with how much they require from the CPU(And GPU.) meaning that interferes unless you have major hardware for the system overcoming the game being so incredibly demanding. (8 core CPU or better, really fast GPU and a lot of high-speed memory and ideally a faster SSD on top of all that.)