1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia INF driver modding (Guide)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Easyypeasy

Easyypeasy New Member

GPU:
    MSI Gtx 1060 6GB
    Should I change the "win10desktop" to something like "section009"? And if yes, how do I know what section should be?

"%NVIDIA_DEV.1C03% = win10desktop, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C03"

Thank you for the help !

Edit:

I tried to coppy everything from the "nv_dispi" file from 372.70 and copy on 378.66 and jsut cant get it work.

Img: https:// s3.postimg.org/qmwytihhd/ajuda2 .png

This is what happens to the gpu :(

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  2. MaidenFred

MaidenFred Active Member

GPU:
    980ti GE Lightning mod
    For best result, if you mod for example quadro driver v.378, use settings from the geforce v.378.

geforce settings : nv_dispi.inf
    quadro settings : nv_dispwi.inf

Best driver atm for my 980ti is v376.84

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  3. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    I'm really not sure what you are changing in the INF and why you are changing it. I think you are seriously over complicating it.

4. Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX-980 Gaming 4G SLI
    Are there any Folding at Home members here that have modded the 373.06 driver yet so I can Fold using it with my GTX-1080 ti? Thanks for any help. OS is Windows 10.

5. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Titan V 32gb CEO
    modding for titan xp

So, I would like to use an older driver (in the 370 series) for my 4 new titan xp
    I modded the driver based on the inset guide you have and while I cot it to work, I have a common problem:

1. I am able to SLI of 2 cards not 4, vs current driver allows 4. (381.65)

2. applications, and benchmarks see card as "Graphics device" not Titan Xp

3. In there driver mod I did complete the 1B02 = "titan Xp" and device manager shows 4 Titan Xp, all good without explanation marks

So WHERE do I populate the rest of the info in the driver so everything recognizes the cards accurately and B, how do I get 4 way instead of 2 way on a modded driver?

so while the mod allowed the driver to install, there MUST be other places that the device ID must be inserted for it to actually work, otherwise, why would applications such as fire strike, uniengine 4 heaven, and uniengine valley, cuda z, etc all show "generic graphics adapter" or "graphics adapter" instead of titan Xp.

With the newer (major suckage) driver 381.65 it shows in all instances as Titan Xp and it shows SLI across 4 cards

(yes, before any comments are made, I have full quad sli on the Titans, read the posts, however) even with only 1 card installed, it does not seem "completely" installed

thx

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  6. Qaiser

Qaiser New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Quadro4 980 XGL
    NVIDIA Quadro4 980 xgl

Hi, can someone let me know where can i find windows 7 32 bit driver for NVIDIA Quadro4 980 xgl. Or is there any way the xp driver can be modified for windows 7.

Thanks.

7. GunZcon

GunZcon New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 9600M GT 1gb
    Hi, I was wondering if this method would work with an EXP GDC Express Card External GPU setup to allow my EVGA 1050ti super clock card to work along side my ancient Geforce 9600m GT. I followed the instructions as you listed but it causes me to loose the Nvidia control panel and locks my resolution to 1280x800 and wont let me add or increase the resolution any higher then that. Am I doing something wrong or is the generation gap between the graphics card too great for the drivers to work properly?

Thank you.

8. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G970/3.5G MSI
    Hello,
    its possible make one inf to support Geforce 7950GT and Geforce 1030GT on Windows 7? I dont need to use Geforce 7950GT, but im unable to force system completly ignore it.. and i need this card in primary PCI-E slot due multibooting.

There could be maybe possible select primary GPU in nvidia driver, but i cant start it, i have got - no any display connected error, when im trying to start it.

When i install right driver for Geforce 1030 i allays got codes 43 error for driver loading, disable Geforce 7950GT doenst help and even doesnt help use Standart VGA driver for Geforce 7950GT..
    Device manager looks clean, VGa is some strange VGAsafe mode.

9. slaine_mcroth

slaine_mcroth New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA Maxwell
    With this method, is there any chance to use geforce drivers with a Quadro M4000 ? And to have all optimization for games ?

10. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    I tried to mod 385.69 quadro but the driver won't recognize my card. I modded every inf seen in the folder that have "STRINGS" and "NTAMD64.10" in it
    The driver signature thing has something to do with the device detection? i have still to disable driver signature so i was wondering if it was that

11. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Thanks for the guide Cyberdyne, I had a small quirk modding a driver though.
    So I modded 388.16 Quadro drivers under Win 10 and I eventually had to add GPU OS Strings under both, "[NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0...14310]" & "[NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0]"
    Driver installation wouldn't recognize my card when I first put the strings under "[NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0]"
    This is still the first driver I've ever modded by myself so I don't know if this is a new thing or not :oops:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  12. LiaNdrY

LiaNdrY New Member

GPU:
    GTX 570 / 1280
    There is a video card Gainward GeForce GTX 570 Phantom, installed Win 10 x64, installed driver v378.92. Not one driver, which is higher than this version, does not work with this video card on Win 10 x64. Can I do anything to install the latest driver for the GTX 570 on Win10 x64? Need to optimize new games.

13. sutats

sutats New Member

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Hi, thanks for this but I can't get it to work, is there an even simpler instruction? I've tried unsuccessfully on 388.13 nvdmi.inf with an Alienware M17xR3 with GTX 680M on Windows 7. Help please, thank you.

14. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    @GunZcon; @venturi; once you modded the driver inf and you pass the GPU check for the driver install, my work is done. There is nothing you can add or change to the inf to fix driver functionality, to my knowledge.
    @ruthan; Maybe try disabling the old GPU in device manager, and manually installing the driver to the new card also within device manager?
    @slaine_mcroth; I don't see why not
    @kilyan; Yeah, making modifications to the inf requires you to boot Windows 10 in disable driver signature mode to install.
    @GroinShooter; There are different sections for different Windows 10 versions, you likely didn't need "[NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0]" at all, just the "NTamd64.10.0...14310" one. Again though, if you pass device check, all is well.
    @LiaNdrY; NVidia still supports that GPU... 388.13 (the latest driver atm) will install just fine.
    @sutats; I can try, what specifically are you getting confused on? PM me if you want.

15. UncleJeff

UncleJeff New Member

GPU:
    GTX 470
    I have an aging AMD dual 5600 system running Win-XP (SP3).
    My GTX+ 9800 died over Xmas. I went to the surplus store (Free Geek in Portland OR) and bought a GTX 470. I have not yet deleted the drivers for the 9800. I am trying to identify the latest driver for GTX-470. However when I tries to install the "latest driver", installation failed with an error about the OS not being supported.

I'll do my best to follow this thread. If you have any pointers, I am all ears. I'll post again if/when I get stuck.

16. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    I would not resort to INF modding for this one. I would at least move to Windows 7 64bit or later. Then just use the latest drivers. Use Ebay or another key seller (I've used Kinguin 4 times without issue) if you are low on cash.
    If you can't do that for some reason, what driver are you using? Is it this one? http://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/105193/en-uk

17. DuckAmuk

DuckAmuk New Member

GPU:
    Quadro K2000M
    NOS HP Elitebook 8570w. Have HP zbook G3 M2000M GPU. Driver files are same for both machines except M2000M (13B0) not listed for 8570w (176b) mobo. Confused about Sections part.
    Duck

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  18. Zooiit

Zooiit New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Before I go into actually modding. Is it possible to lift the OpenGL over Remote Desktop restriction by modifying the Inf. This is a software feature of Quadro Drivers but not available for Geforce 1060. Would modding drivers grant this feature. I understand I cannot add hardware features with modding a driver. And the second question; anybody tried to mod 1060GTX already?

19. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    You might want to take to Google with this one. I have a feeling that any feature will still be locked out, but there is no risk in trying it.
    It will work on a GTX 1060. Any modern NVidia GPU for that matter.

20. Christopher Scott Dotson

Christopher Scott Dotson New Member

GPU:
    gtx 1080, 8gb
    Thank goodness you still support this thread friend! I followed your instructions for my 1080, and was out of luck. I'm trying to get 10 bit desktop support see, only quodros get it. Can you point me to the right quadro drivers/ point out where I went wrong?