Nvidia INF driver modding (Guide)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Easyypeasy

Easyypeasy New Member

GPU:
    MSI Gtx 1060 6GB
    Should I change the "win10desktop" to something like "section009"? And if yes, how do I know what section should be?

"%NVIDIA_DEV.1C03% = win10desktop, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C03"

Thank you for the help !

Edit:

I tried to coppy everything from the "nv_dispi" file from 372.70 and copy on 378.66 and jsut cant get it work.

Img: https:// s3.postimg.org/qmwytihhd/ajuda2 .png

This is what happens to the gpu :(

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  2. MaidenFred

MaidenFred Active Member

GPU:
    980ti GE Lightning mod
    For best result, if you mod for example quadro driver v.378, use settings from the geforce v.378.

geforce settings : nv_dispi.inf
    quadro settings : nv_dispwi.inf

Best driver atm for my 980ti is v376.84

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  3. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Arctic Hybrid III
    I'm really not sure what you are changing in the INF and why you are changing it. I think you are seriously over complicating it.

4. Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX-980 Gaming 4G SLI
    Are there any Folding at Home members here that have modded the 373.06 driver yet so I can Fold using it with my GTX-1080 ti? Thanks for any help. OS is Windows 10.

5. venturi

venturi Member Guru

GPU:
    4 titan xp full quad SLI
    modding for titan xp

So, I would like to use an older driver (in the 370 series) for my 4 new titan xp
    I modded the driver based on the inset guide you have and while I cot it to work, I have a common problem:

1. I am able to SLI of 2 cards not 4, vs current driver allows 4. (381.65)

2. applications, and benchmarks see card as "Graphics device" not Titan Xp

3. In there driver mod I did complete the 1B02 = "titan Xp" and device manager shows 4 Titan Xp, all good without explanation marks

So WHERE do I populate the rest of the info in the driver so everything recognizes the cards accurately and B, how do I get 4 way instead of 2 way on a modded driver?

so while the mod allowed the driver to install, there MUST be other places that the device ID must be inserted for it to actually work, otherwise, why would applications such as fire strike, uniengine 4 heaven, and uniengine valley, cuda z, etc all show "generic graphics adapter" or "graphics adapter" instead of titan Xp.

With the newer (major suckage) driver 381.65 it shows in all instances as Titan Xp and it shows SLI across 4 cards

(yes, before any comments are made, I have full quad sli on the Titans, read the posts, however) even with only 1 card installed, it does not seem "completely" installed

thx

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  6. Qaiser

Qaiser New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Quadro4 980 XGL
    NVIDIA Quadro4 980 xgl

Hi, can someone let me know where can i find windows 7 32 bit driver for NVIDIA Quadro4 980 xgl. Or is there any way the xp driver can be modified for windows 7.

Thanks.

7. GunZcon

GunZcon New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 9600M GT 1gb
    Hi, I was wondering if this method would work with an EXP GDC Express Card External GPU setup to allow my EVGA 1050ti super clock card to work along side my ancient Geforce 9600m GT. I followed the instructions as you listed but it causes me to loose the Nvidia control panel and locks my resolution to 1280x800 and wont let me add or increase the resolution any higher then that. Am I doing something wrong or is the generation gap between the graphics card too great for the drivers to work properly?

Thank you.

8. ruthan

ruthan Active Member

GPU:
    G970/3.5G MSI
    Hello,
    its possible make one inf to support Geforce 7950GT and Geforce 1030GT on Windows 7? I dont need to use Geforce 7950GT, but im unable to force system completly ignore it.. and i need this card in primary PCI-E slot due multibooting.

There could be maybe possible select primary GPU in nvidia driver, but i cant start it, i have got - no any display connected error, when im trying to start it.

When i install right driver for Geforce 1030 i allays got codes 43 error for driver loading, disable Geforce 7950GT doenst help and even doesnt help use Standart VGA driver for Geforce 7950GT..
    Device manager looks clean, VGa is some strange VGAsafe mode.