Nvidia Hotfix Driver 496.84

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Krzyslaw, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 SUPER
  2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    already?

3. valorex

valorex Member

GPU:
    GeForce hotfix display driver version 496.84 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 496.76.

The hotfix addresses the following issues:

• [NVIDIA Image Scaling]: After performing a clean install or over install over version 496.49, NVIDIA Image Scaling resolutions do not appear in the game. [3434708]

4. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Why not release this version as the official version, and remove 496.76? Seems really odd.

5. enthusiast29

enthusiast29 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 8GB
    Going "official" with WHQL certification requires a certain amount of time which would delay the release if it's urgent. Also if the bug is discovered only after the initial public release and it's a P1 (Top priority) then a HOTFIX release is planned to deliver the fix to the production (public) as soon as possible.

HOTFIX releases are not WHQL certified hence are not posted on their driver page ever.

OnnA and Noisiv like this.
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Hotfix releases are whql signed with an attestation certificate.

• When a driver receives attestation signing, it is not Windows Certified. An attestation signature from Microsoft indicates that the driver can be trusted by Windows, but because the driver has not been tested in HLK Studio, there are no assurances made around compatibility, functionality, etc.

Self signed hotfix drivers are not permissable on Secure boot enabled OS's that do not have the migration registry key present.

7. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3060Ti
    These seem fine for me

8. newls1

newls1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan XP (2017)
    please help me understand this NIS setting.. In nvcp under "global" I set Image scaling 'ENABLED" and put it at 0%. I then go under my game profile for FC6 and I put image scaling to 10% (i just chose 10% randomly) I then go in game and i notice in the upper left corner i have a green "NIS" showing, so is this working? my desktop res and gaming res are all native @ 2560x1080i.... so im just wondering how is there a way I can prove this is actually working?

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Your eyes should prove it to you.
    But you're doing it wrong.

There is no "% of scaling" control, pay attention to what you're doing in the CP.
    The slider is for the amount of sharpening applied to ANY resolution you're running your game in.

When you enable image scaling in "Manage 3D settings" 5 new* resolutions are added to your system.
    (* Some of them are actually the same as what you've had already, like 2560x1440 on a 4K display.)
    When you choose one of these resolutions in your game's settings it will be upscaled to your display resolution with NIS - instead of using display's scaler or GPU's scaler (that depends on what you've selected on "Adjust desktop size and position" page of the CP).
    And additionally you can tweak the amount of sharpening applied to your output with the sharpening slider. This slider is available in game profiles and considering that it is being applied to ALL resolutions it is better to set it to 0% globally and add it only in profiles of games which you plan to upscale with NIS.

Aserback and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  10. newls1

newls1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan XP (2017)
    thank you for the reply, will go back in fc6 and see what resolutions are there to chose from when i get home tomorrow.

11. enthusiast29

enthusiast29 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 8GB
    I did not say that the driver is not signed. Of course it is signed or else as you said it wouldn't install not just in Secure boot enabled OS but also in Legacy mode unless the user disabled Driver signature enforcement in Windows which in itself causes Anti-cheat to trip and not run.

WHQL certification is different. It's not just driver signature. I specifically said Hotfix releases are not WHQL certified because that process takes time. The drivers although are signed and it shouldn't be a concern to end-users anyway.

12. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX3090 X3
    Still Flicker Win 10.

13. enthusiast29

enthusiast29 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 8GB
    471.96, my personal preferred driver for now unless things improve and feedback is better.

Smiley_ie likes this.
  14. Neil79

Neil79 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 980/2070
    472.47 here another worthy driver... The later ones yet again suck

15. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Sure! They do 0day drivers now. lol

XantaX and insp1re2600 like this.

16. iNerd

iNerd New Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    last two drivers i could play Fortnite with DX12 enabled. It was running better than dx11 and even better than performance mode from fortnite / epic. Since update to this official driver, as soon i start a game - either it crash already within the loading screen or i got average 3 to 20FPS on 3080Ti (EVGA FTW3 Ultra) 5900x (tuned with Hydra - Yuri Patron :D) and manual tuned gSkill Rams 3800mhz. I mean - it was working until the driver upgrade. Should i upgrade to the hotfix driver or just go back to the previous one?

17. cmatt099

cmatt099 Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 580 Direct CUII
    Yahhhh What he
    So I'm guessing Neither you nor Enthusiast29 care to play battlefield 2042.... and always guys like yall get on here and BITCH so much about NVIDIA drivers doing one little thing wrong... Is life so bad that you have to complain about the most Minute of problems every chance you get. Just be grateful that you actually have a computer and an NVIDIA graphics card as well... some are not so Lucky!

seox70 likes this.
  18. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 3090 HOF
    I used to get occasional desktop flickers with v496.61. However, with v496.84 so far so good.
    - Alienware AW3821DW mointor with LG 65E9 OLED.
    - Windows 11 Pro

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    turn off resizable bar

20. Neil79

Neil79 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 980/2070
    OMG How did you know?